The Student Room Group

CACHE Level 3 Childcare!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lisahop
Thank you Emma! I was meant to start level 2 but going straight into level 3 😬

If you have the grades then you might as well do
Very true and then I can do level 4 as I want to make my way up the levels. How did you find the course?
Original post by Emma:-)
If you have the grades then you might as well do
Original post by lisahop
Very true and then I can do level 4 as I want to make my way up the levels. How did you find the course?

I found it fine to be honest.
Reply 23
Can you tell us anything about the exam please???
I haven’t started the course yet, didn’t know it was gonna be an exam
Original post by Zara711
Can you tell us anything about the exam please???
How are you finding the course?
Original post by Erikathequeen02
Im studying the childcare level 3 too
Hi there I don’t suppose you still have the study guide do you as I’m struggling to find one on eBay ?
Reply 27
Yessss I have the level three childcare text book and I’m pretty sure amazon does for around £20-£25, hope this helps!!
Original post by April_x
Yessss I have the level three childcare text book and I’m pretty sure amazon does for around £20-£25, hope this helps!!

Yes I have that too but had seen people say they had brought a completed portfolio off eBay to help get a idea of what to do
Reply 29
Original post by Melissasmedz
Yes I have that too but had seen people say they had brought a completed portfolio off eBay to help get a idea of what to do

I’d be willing to sell mine if you’re interested??
Original post by April_x
I’d be willing to sell mine if you’re interested??

I’ve brought one now off eBay but thank you hun
Reply 31
Hi can i know the name of the study guide pls. Thanks
I’ve brought one now off eBay but thank you hun

Hi could you possibly tell me the name of the study guide as I'm struggling to find, thank you 😊
I just put the name of the course into eBay and the guide came up
I just put the name of the course into eBay and the guide came up

Thank you, I managed to find a past assessment on ebay so i'm now clear on how to present my work, was really struggling on how to even start the assessment! Thanks again
Has any one done the promote children's experiential learning?
Original post by April_x
Hello!! I’ve literally just completed two years at college and now have my CACHE level 3 extended diploma and I’ve actually never enjoyed anything more so I hope you love the course just as much as I did😊 You’ll definitely need a notebook and pens to take notes so maybe grab some highlighters to so you can make key points stand out because if you’re taught how I was then it is often left up to you to make your own notes from a PowerPoint that is read out and then explored in greater depth. These notes are super important for your assignments! I would also recommend buying the level 3 CACHE childcare and education text book which ranges from around £25-£30 on Amazon. Your college should have these books but it’s nice to have your own copy to use at home. I debated getting one because it’s a little pricey but I don’t regret it at all and I’ve kept it even though I’m qualified because it really is so informative. It is written specifically to your course and assignments so basically contains the answers directly to each assignment question you’ll face over the whole two years so it definitely is worth investing in! The course is heavily based around placement so I would recommend a notebook or diary to jot down activity ideas to do at placement, how many placement hours you need to complete with each age group (deffo pass this info on to your placement so they can support you appropriately), important dates like when you’ll be at placement and it’s also good for writing observations as part of the first year of the course requires you to write up your own observations of children at your placement. There are documents like the EYFS and statutory framework (you’ll learn about these during the course and will pretty much link everything back to these two frameworks) but our college printed them out and gave us a copy and they’re accessible online anyway so don’t worry about those! As for clothing, your placement will probably give you a top with their logo on to wear to placement but id suggest buying a pair of black smart trousers and black sensible shoes (I went for all black leather converse but not all placements will accept trainer style shoes so maybe opt for a cheap pair of dolly slip on shoes to start with just incase?) to wear to placement. Looking back we did do a lot of creative activities at college as obviously being creative is vital when it comes to working with children so if you want you could buy a pack of felt tips or colouring pencils or whatever but tbf I just used my college’s art supplies haha anything to save a bit of money! Good luck with the course, feel free to message me if you have any questions😌

Should i use notebooks or binders for notes
Reply 39
Original post by Beckyboo*
Should i use notebooks or binders for notes

Whatever you find easier, you can be organised with both! A binder will probably last longer but they can be a bit chunky to carry around I suppose. You also may have more chance of losing a binder if you can’t fit it into your bag so keep that in mind if you’re forgetful haha!

Quick Reply

Latest