The Student Room Group

Anyone else faint at the sight of period blood

I haven’t seen this anywhere and I just don’t know what to do , when I see a lot of blood on my period I faint, just like now , it’s 4am and I went to the bathroom, there was a lot of blood clots on my pad and for some reason I Just got so stressed out and I passed out , I was just sat there for 10 minutes and had to throw water on myslef. I hated that feeling , has anyone else felt like this before
i can understand if it’s other people’s, but you’re own... that’s quite odd
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i can understand if it’s other people’s, but you’re own... that’s quite odd

I know 😭 and I’ve had it for 5 years so it’s not like I’m new to this . I’ve always hated looking at it so I just kinda don’t look as much as possible lol as I hate the sight of blood but yesterday I don’t know but I just looked at it and then I felt dizzy and fainted.
Maybe try tampons? Then you won't be faced with your blood every time you go to the toilet...
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
Maybe try tampons? Then you won't be faced with your blood every time you go to the toilet...

I don’t like tampons and I’ve realised that they make my period cramps worse for some weird reason
It's natural, and I'm afraid you will need to get used to it. Please try not to worry too much. I used to have big blood clots, too. Try to not look when you are ripping your towel off, fold it in two hastily, then put on a clean one.
if you are properly fainting it might be worth talking to your GP as it could be dangerous to keep fainting as you might hit your head or something.... they may be able to use some form of birth control to at least reduce your period in frequency and severity
Reply 7
Original post by doodle_333
if you are properly fainting it might be worth talking to your GP as it could be dangerous to keep fainting as you might hit your head or something.... they may be able to use some form of birth control to at least reduce your period in frequency and severity

Yeah I was considering that thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Oxford Mum
It's natural, and I'm afraid you will need to get used to it. Please try not to worry too much. I used to have big blood clots, too. Try to not look when you are ripping your towel off, fold it in two hastily, then put on a clean one.

I don’t think it’s natural to faint looking at your period but thanks anyway

Quick Reply

Latest