The Student Room Group

Deloitte 2020 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by axc5
Just wanted to drop in and say not to feel disheartened if you get the ‘progressing other candidates first’ email.

I received this email last year when applying for SVS but I actually made it through all stages eventually, got an offer, had a really great SVS experience and now hold a graduate offer.

No guarantees but it’s not necessarily bad news! :smile:

Sorry for my stupidity but what is SVS?
Original post by geocpar
Hey! I can’t seem to see a thread for this intake so I thought I’d make one.

What stream has everybody applied for and how far through the process are they?

Has anyone heard back about assessment centres?

Good luck!

Random Q
What a level do you do and what are you predicted
(or have achieved)?
Reply 42
Original post by MadMaths
Sorry for my stupidity but what is SVS?

Summer Vacation Scheme - just what Deloitte calls their summer internship programme.
Original post by heZkk
I just finished my immersive assessment. I got numerical interpreter as my weakness. I think that’s it for me in the process

Hey there! I hope you don't mind me asking if you remember what any of the maths questions were like?
Similar situation to me except I am at IOA stage

Hey are there any details you could spare about what the test is like?, Is it timed, how much of it is numerical etc. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Davina_Rehal
Hey are there any details you could spare about what the test is like?, Is it timed, how much of it is numerical etc. Thank you :smile:

Basiccaly it starts with competency questions with sprinkled in math questions, you have a variety of sources which u need to read and calculate from, it does take awhile to do the maths questions but the test isn't timed so relax.
Basiccaly it starts with competency questions with sprinkled in math questions, you have a variety of sources which u need to read and calculate from, it does take awhile to do the maths questions but the test isn't timed so relax.

Ah ok thank you! I applied for a strategy & operations role, have you done the same, will the test be similar across all of these roles?
Original post by Davina_Rehal
Ah ok thank you! I applied for a strategy & operations role, have you done the same, will the test be similar across all of these roles?

Should be the same across all
Original post by duosphin
You can’t really prepare it’s all case studies

Damn, thanks anyway. How were the video questions? I've heard loads of people say that they're quite weird.
Original post by duosphin
has anyone else done the job stimulation? I applied for audit and I found it really difficult, some of the questions were so weird :/

Hey! I've just received my email inviting me to the Job Simulation Assessment. I also too have applied for Audit. How did you find it? What sorts of questions do they ask? Thanks :smile:
Has anyone heard back following their email regarding the Assessment Centres? I know they said places will be confirmed by 4th Nov but I can't stop myself from checking my emails all the time.
Hey! I'm applying for a grad scheme and was invited to the online job assessment. What sorts of questions did you get? Was it mostly competency based questions, or more related to the situation they gave you?Also what was the writing task like? I read it somewhere that it's writing an email to your colleagues/clients? Are the questions timed?
Original post by student754
Has anyone heard back following their email regarding the Assessment Centres? I know they said places will be confirmed by 4th Nov but I can't stop myself from checking my emails all the time.

Hey, what was the job simulation like? What sorts of questions did you get and what's the writing task like?
Original post by GradSchAppl
Hey, what was the job simulation like? What sorts of questions did you get and what's the writing task like?

The job simulation was fine. Just a mixture of situational interview questions and the writing task was fine - just based on a job situation they give you. Each question was timed.

I just got that email and i applied for monitor deloitte svs. What i dont get is i havent gotten the invite for job simulation and they said that they will update me after the deadline in January. I'm just confused cause i thought for the summer scheme there are no assessment centres.
Original post by Alvizzzzle
I just got that email and i applied for monitor deloitte svs. What i dont get is i havent gotten the invite for job simulation and they said that they will update me after the deadline in January. I'm just confused cause i thought for the summer scheme there are no assessment centres.

maybe a glitch in the system? I applied to grad scheme human capital consulting
maybe a glitch in the system? I applied to grad scheme human capital consulting

Which human capital did you apply to?
Original post by axc5
Just wanted to drop in and say not to feel disheartened if you get the ‘progressing other candidates first’ email.

I received this email last year when applying for SVS but I actually made it through all stages eventually, got an offer, had a really great SVS experience and now hold a graduate offer.

No guarantees but it’s not necessarily bad news! :smile:

Hey, what did you apply for and was there an assessment centre in the process?
Original post by emily0705
Which human capital did you apply to?

HR applications London. You?
Reply 59
did anyone do the test for human capital internship. if you did then how hard did u find this and what kind of questions were there?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending