The Student Room Group

List of graduate entry dentistry uni/providers

Hello,can anyone find a list of all the graduate entry dentistry providers.

I am trying to compile a list but I cant find one online.
Aberdeen, UCLan and KCL ☺️
Reply 2
Original post by TheMolarBear
Aberdeen, UCLan and KCL ☺️

This is supposed to be a full list?

I got those plus birmingham QMUL and liverpool

I'm hoping someone can come on here and put a full list
Original post by ellie80

Hi! Sorry maybe I misunderstood. I thought you just wanted the graduate entry programmes? The other universities accept graduates onto their undergrad degree courses ☺️ Those 3 I listed are the only ones specifically ‘graduate entry’.
Reply 4
Original post by TheMolarBear
Hi! Sorry maybe I misunderstood. I thought you just wanted the graduate entry programmes? The other universities accept graduates onto their undergrad degree courses ☺️ Those 3 I listed are the only ones specifically ‘graduate entry’.

I think you understood correctly.

I did mean only graduate entry (4 year right), Or 2nd year entry to standard 5 year (if that exists) which would work out at 4 year.

https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/as/employability/careers/documents/public/mds-gradentrydentistry.pdf

The above url gave me some info I thought some others also do grad entry/ 2nd year entry to 5 year undergrad.
Original post by ellie80
I think you understood correctly.

I did mean only graduate entry (4 year right), Or 2nd year entry to standard 5 year (if that exists) which would work out at 4 year.

https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/as/employability/careers/documents/public/mds-gradentrydentistry.pdf

The above url gave me some info I thought some others also do grad entry/ 2nd year entry to 5 year undergrad.

Ahh I see. I'm afraid I don't know about direct entry into second year undergrad etc as I'm only applying to graduate entry however hopefully someone else can shed some light on that for you! :smile: I had a quick look at that document and I do know Liverpool have stopped offering their grad course since that was printed. Good luck!
Original post by ellie80

That is the full list. There are only three universities that offer graduate entry dentistry; that is, a four year course instead of 5 years.
The rest of the dental universities are 5 years regardless of if you have a degree or not. For example if you had a degree in BioChem and you applied to Birmingham, it would be still 5 years.

4 Year Dentistry Programs (Graduate entry, accelerated dentistry)
University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) = 29 Places
Aberdeen = 20 Places
Kings College London = 20 Places
Liverpool no longer offer the 4 year accelerated course.

Aberdeen I think only allocates a few places for English applicants so the number may be far lower than 20 if you are not Scottish.
So you can see there are a total of 69 places for Graduate entry (4 year accelerated) dentistry in the entire UK, so competition is fierce as applicants from the whole country will be fighting for these 69 places.
(edited 4 years ago)
Correct, these are the only grad entry courses. Aberdeen allocates 5-7 places (if that) for non-Scottish applicants from what I've seen in FOIs.
Original post by MSmith90
That is the full list. There are only three universities that offer graduate entry dentistry; that is, a four year course instead of 5 years.
The rest of the dental universities are 5 years regardless of if you have a degree or not. For example if you had a degree in BioChem and you applied to Birmingham, it would be still 5 years.

4 Year Dentistry Programs (Graduate entry, accelerated dentistry)
University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) = 29 Places
Aberdeen = 20 Places
Kings College London = 20 Places
Liverpool no longer offer the 4 year accelerated course.

Aberdeen I think only allocates a few places for English applicants so the number may be far lower than 20 if you are not Scottish.
So you can see there are a total of 69 places for Graduate entry (4 year accelerated) dentistry in the entire UK, so competition is fierce as applicants from the whole country will be fighting for these 69 places.

If we apply, as a Biomedical Science graduate, for a 5 year dentistry program, will it be funded by SFE?
Original post by StarStarStar2
If we apply, as a Biomedical Science graduate, for a 5 year dentistry program, will it be funded by SFE?

No!:frown:
And it is more competitive than the 4 year. I applied two times as a graduate with a 1st in Biomed to only 5-year programs and got rejected from all either pre or post-interview.
Original post by aspireddentist
No!:frown:
And it is more competitive than the 4 year. I applied two times as a graduate with a 1st in Biomed to only 5-year programs and got rejected from all either pre or post-interview.

On the contrary, the 4 year graduate entry course is more competitive.
Original post by MSmith90
On the contrary, the 4 year graduate entry course is more competitive.

Both times I didn't apply to graduate programs but I think 5-year programs mostly prefer school-leavers rather graduates since the course is mostly designed for the former. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest