The Student Room Group

Oxford TSA 2020 official thread!!

Hi guys, so I’ve applied for PPE and preparing for the TSA. Would like to exchange techniques and answers with anyone taking the test as well, especially section 2. Section 1 seems okay so far though the time limit is quite tight. How’ve you guys found it?

Scroll to see replies

It's alright. I think the best way to prepare is to just do all of the practice tests. I have a few left to do before the real thing, and honestly I don't think the time is so tight; I try to have 20 minutes left at the end to check my work over, since I make a lot of dumb mistakes. I'm trying to aim for 75-80+ though, based on the tests I've done so far. We'll see, I'm kinda getting nervous :/
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kkkkkkkkkkken
It's alright. I think the best way to prepare is to just do all of the practice tests. I have a few left to do before the real thing, and honestly I don't think the time is so tight; I try to have 20 minutes left at the end to check my work over, since I make a lot of dumb mistakes. I'm trying to aim for 75-80+ though, based on the tests I've done so far. We'll see, I'm kinda getting nervous :/

I think the score you’re aiming for is fantastic. I bet you’ll do great! And hopefully your nerves will be calmed. I’m doing the practice questions as well, trying to do as many as possible. How are you able to finish with in an extra 20 minutes😱. I can’t even finish all within the set 90 minutes. Any time saving tips and tricks you can share with me please?
Original post by Zahranasid
I think the score you’re aiming for is fantastic. I bet you’ll do great! And hopefully your nerves will be calmed. I’m doing the practice questions as well, trying to do as many as possible. How are you able to finish with in an extra 20 minutes😱. I can’t even finish all within the set 90 minutes. Any time saving tips and tricks you can share with me please?

Second this, Started on like 21/50 and have moved up to 27/50, really want to push to get like 35/50, do you think it is realistic with 6 days left? If so, do you have any tips to help.

Thank you for the good vibes! I hope you do well too. As far as the reading section, there are only 6 types of questions (main conclusion, a conclusion, flaw in the argument, weakens/strengthens the argument, parallel reasoning, and underlying assumption) so it is a test where you know what is coming. I would say just go over the questions over and over. Good luck!!
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm also applying for PPE. What about everyone else?
Reply 6

We all are too🤗. How is it going for you?
Reply 7

Also how are your test scores for the TSA practice?
Reply 8
Original post by Danial786
Second this, Started on like 21/50 and have moved up to 27/50, really want to push to get like 35/50, do you think it is realistic with 6 days left? If so, do you have any tips to help.

I think it’s possible definitely. Have you done the answered sample question? I think it really explains how to go about the question. And kinda learn the patterns. That helped me. I’ve been getting mid-high 30s but only with 40% extra time 😓. Do you wanna share answers for section 2? I think getting different perspectives would help us be better
Reply 9
Thank you for the good vibes! I hope you do well too. As far as the reading section, there are only 6 types of questions (main conclusion, a conclusion, flaw in the argument, weakens/strengthens the argument, parallel reasoning, and underlying assumption) so it is a test that's beatable since you know what is coming. I would say just go over the questions over and over. My score on the specimen was high 70s, but I found the other tests harder, with scores down into the low 60s. I was not feeling too great about it, but after pounding those verbal questions and being more careful on my arithmetic on the math side, I got up to 48/50 on the most recent practice test so it's not impossible. Good luck!!

Oh wow! And thanks for the tips. Will just have to work faster. Right now my main aim is finishing on time. And getting good marks, lol. Do you wanna share answers for section 2? I think getting different perspectives would help us get better
I think it’s possible definitely. Have you done the answered sample question? I think it really explains how to go about the question. And kinda learn the patterns. That helped me. I’ve been getting mid-high 30s but only with 40% extra time 😓. Do you wanna share answers for section 2? I think getting different perspectives would help us be better

Yeah sure, dm me.
hey i’m applying for ep, i’m really worried bc i’ve been getting quite low scores recently :frown:
how is everyone diong so well at this , really woried only 6 days left
Reply 13
Original post by Presence
how is everyone diong so well at this , really woried only 6 days left

Getting less than 40 done within the set time 😞. 6 days, still some room for us to improve 😁
Getting less than 40 done within the set time 😞. 6 days, still some room for us to improve 😁

well less than 40 i assume 35+ thats already good ! i used all the past papers i dont knowif i'm actually improving anymore , got 30 max

I haven't been able to find explained answers anywhere online - are there any links you can share?
Original post by chemnerd18
I haven't been able to find explained answers anywhere online - are there any links you can share?

If you have any questions in particular that you want explanations for then just post them on here or PM me :smile: I might be able to help a little bit
Reply 17
Original post by Presence
well less than 40 i assume 35+ thats already good ! i used all the past papers i dont knowif i'm actually improving anymore , got 30 max

It’s getting stressful thinking of it even. Was getting high 30s but now it’s dropping.
I’m sure you’ll keep getting better. Let’s see how it goes
It’s getting stressful thinking of it even. Was getting high 30s but now it’s dropping.
I’m sure you’ll keep getting better. Let’s see how it goes

thx xx good luck too, what course are you applying for?
Reply 19

If you have any questions in particular that you want explanations for then just post them on here or PM me :smile: I might be able to help a little bit

A4CBACEC-E889-419D-A38F-C3F4CEC8A593.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending