The Student Room Group

Cousins HUSBAND has uncomfortable behaviour towards me?

This guy is my cousins husband. I had some issues a while back, specifically 2 years ago with his cousin because his cousin thought I was stalking his IG through my friends public meme account. (I wasn't by the way but this was never addressed simply because they never spoke about it and just gave dirty looks).

Anyway since this happened his cousin obviously told him and I've caught him give me evils at weddings we've been invited to. That was only once which was the time I first saw him after this whole social media mess with his cousin. After that her husband has always been staring at me from afar whenever we are around each other. Or when I enter a room.

Since that one time the dirty looks have stopped. But the stares have not. Recently he's been listening in on my convos with other people. So I'm talking to one of my family members and he's clearing plastic plates and putting things away into boxes but instead of doing it to the side of the room he does it in the middle of the room in front of the table where we are sat where he can here my conversation. He was sat about 2 feet in front and I know he was listening because ic I stuttered or paused randomly in a convo his head would look up at me from what he is doing.
He acts weird. What's the point? Whags his goal in all this? Why?

He didnt act like this before the beef with his cousin started.
Original post by Anonymous
This guy is my cousins husband. I had some issues a while back, specifically 2 years ago with his cousin because his cousin thought I was stalking his IG through my friends public meme account. (I wasn't by the way but this was never addressed simply because they never spoke about it and just gave dirty looks).

Anyway since this happened his cousin obviously told him and I've caught him give me evils at weddings we've been invited to. That was only once which was the time I first saw him after this whole social media mess with his cousin. After that her husband has always been staring at me from afar whenever we are around each other. Or when I enter a room.

Since that one time the dirty looks have stopped. But the stares have not. Recently he's been listening in on my convos with other people. So I'm talking to one of my family members and he's clearing plastic plates and putting things away into boxes but instead of doing it to the side of the room he does it in the middle of the room in front of the table where we are sat where he can here my conversation. He was sat about 2 feet in front and I know he was listening because ic I stuttered or paused randomly in a convo his head would look up at me from what he is doing.

Hard to say.
Two strategies.
1. Just ignore him.
2. If you catch him listening, then bring him into the conversation and ask his opinion to show you know he is listening. Shows you know but you dont care, do it right and you can put him on the spot without other people realising.

You so soo Sound like South Asian!:biggrin:
Reply 3

I am 😂😂 what gave it away?

That's exactly what I thought when I read this too haha
Reply 5

whyyy. how is it that obvious??
Reply 6
Original post by cheerIeader
How dare he.. objectify you like that? Assert your territory. Give him a backhand whack and tell him next time he stares at you you're going to be putting your fist through his face.

serious answers please

:biggrin:
Reply 8
so are you lot actually going to help me with this question or are you just going to just laugh and ignore my replies some more?
so are you lot actually going to help me with this question or are you just going to just laugh and ignore my replies some more?

Why don’t you address the situation with him and try and come up with a compromise, or if that makes you feel uncomfortable speak to your sister and she could maybe say something to him and you all could sit together to discuss it. It really isn’t something that should continue because this could really effect your relationship with your sister.
Why don’t you address the situation with him and try and come up with a compromise, or if that makes you feel uncomfortable speak to your sister and she could maybe say something to him and you all could sit together to discuss it. It really isn’t something that should continue because this could really effect your relationship with your sister.

**cousin** sorry 😄

Sorry..........just think again, does he deserve or getting too much attention of yours!...............Or just face the TeesMarr Khan and warn him like a south Asian granny would do!
go to the centre of the problem... His cousin who thinks you stalked him.. From your OP it sounds like you all have been indirectly solving the problem yourselves and never spoke to each other about it. Confront him.. Tell him how you didn't and where is his proof that you did.. Then it should calm down the Husband
Reply 13
You can't choose family. I've learnt to not try and change myself to make everyone happy, because that would just leave you unhappy. Try confront him and address the issue with your cousin. If they still won't change, just let him be and ignore him. Don't waste your energy on people like that.

shes my cousin. I dont have any siblings.
**cousin** sorry 😄

lol didnt see this before
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
go to the centre of the problem... His cousin who thinks you stalked him.. From your OP it sounds like you all have been indirectly solving the problem yourselves and never spoke to each other about it. Confront him.. Tell him how you didn't and where is his proof that you did.. Then it should calm down the Husband

lol I've literally never spoken to him. even before any of this beef started. dont think I've even said hi to him before
thanks everyone for getting back to me. I appreciate all of your replies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending