The Student Room Group

General Election

This poll is closed

General Election (Votes Revealed on 4/11/19)

Conservative Party 43%
Labour Party 35%
Liberal Democrats 15%
SNP (Scottish National Party) 2%
DUP (Democratic Unionist Party of Northern Ireland) 0%
Green Party 6%
Plaid Cymru 0%
Sinn Fein0%
Total votes: 54
Who would you vote in the instance of a general election?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why aren't UKIP on the list?
Add an independent/other box..

You've also missed the 4th highest polling party nationally
Reply 3
Original post by Blobob

Most UKIP members left the party after the rise of Brexit Party. They currently have 0 seats in Parliment.
Reply 4
Original post by fallen_acorns

What party?
Original post by Suchomimus
Most UKIP members left the party after the rise of Brexit Party. They currently have 0 seats in Parliment.

fine to put them in the 'other' category, given their current polling, but you don't have an 'other' category..

Missing the Brexit party is a bigger mistake, given how many want to vote for them and have recently
Reply 6
fine to put them in the 'other' category, given their current polling, but you don't have an 'other' category..

Missing the Brexit party is a bigger mistake, given how many want to vote for them and have recently

I considered adding an independent option, but this could vary from left wing to right wing, not giving an appropriate verdict on TSR's opinion.

The list of current parties with seats in parliment:
https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/current-state-of-the-parties/
Reply 7
Original post by Blobob

They would have featured on the list in 2015-17, but times have changed.
Reply 8
Just to clarify, the list only includes the parties that currently have seats in parliment.
Reply 9

The 4th highest polling party is the SNP, who I have included. They are level with the independant parties, who I presume you are talking about.
Remember, feel free to have a discussion or debate in the comments.
Reply 11

So why isn't the Brexit Party on the list?
Original post by Blobob

Brexit Party do not currently have any seats in parliment either.

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/current-state-of-the-parties/
Original post by Blobob

Because surely the general public wouldn’t be stupid enough to vote for them in a general election. Oh wait, they would be...
The 4th highest polling party is the SNP, who I have included. They are level with the independant parties, who I presume you are talking about.

'national' - SNP are not a national party. They are a scotish only party. Ignoring that, nationally, the SNP are polling at 4%, whereas the brexit party are polling at 11-12% (infact, nationally the SNP aren't even 5th, they are currently 6th, behind the greens)

+ Why are you restricting it to parties that currently have seats? if that's the case, where is CUK, and the indipendants? etc.

Its a silly way to try and poll opinion. If you want to know how people will vote in an election, you need to give them every option that they will have in an election - otherwise you won't get anywhere close to an answer. Missing a party that 12% of the public will vote for, and missing the many indipendant and local candidates that many (including myself) will vote for, is silly.

In an election - every party (that wants to stand) is an option, not just those who currently have seats..

So having a thread called 'general election' and asking people to vote.. while not having the same options as an election.. is just stupid.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by imlikeahermit
Because surely the general public wouldn’t be stupid enough to vote for them in a general election. Oh wait, they would be...

Sadly........ :frown:
'national' - SNP are not a national party. They are a scotish only party. Ignoring that, nationally, the SNP are polling at 4%, whereas the brexit party are polling at 11-12%

+ Why are you restricting it to parties that currently have seats? if that's the case, where is CUK, and the indipendants? etc.

Its a silly way to try and poll opinion. If you want to know how people will vote in an election, you need to give them every option that they will have in an election - otherwise you won't get anywhere close to an answer. Missing a party that 12% of the public will vote for, and missing the many indipendant and local candidates that many (including myself) will vote for, is silly.

In an election - every party (that wants to stand) is an option, not just those who currently have seats..

So having a thread called 'general election' and asking people to vote.. while not having the same options as an election.. is just stupid.

TBH who would want to vote for Brexit Party anyway?

Oh........
Sadly........ :frown:

It’s a damning endorsement of the British educational system.
Original post by imlikeahermit
It’s a damning endorsement of the British educational system.

We shall see.........
TBH who would want to vote for Brexit Party anyway?

Oh........

12% of the british public at present polling. 4x as many as will vote for the greens.

For me, you've left me no option to complete your poll. I will likely vote for a local indipedant who stands for my area and its needs.. None of the parties in your list will get my vote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending