The Student Room Group

PAG 12 OCR A Biology

Has anyone created a method for measuring the respiration rate in yeast for PAG 12? I'm stuck

Thanks!
Original post by Helpp123
Has anyone created a method for measuring the respiration rate in yeast for PAG 12? I'm stuck

Thanks!

Hey did you get there in the end? I'm stuck now.
1. Set up apparatus for waterbath and a CO2 gas collector using a delivery tube
2. Pour 200cm3 of water into a 500cm3 beaker
3. Measure the temperature of the water until it reaches 50ºC
4. Pour 400cm3 of water into a 500cm3 beaker and place a delivery tube underneath a 50cm3 measuring cylinder filled with water and placed vertically facing downwards
5. Pour 10cm3 of yeast into a test tube and add 5cm3 of glucose solution, covering the top with the bung with the delivery tube attached
6. Place the test tube into the waterbath
7. Count the bubbles produced per minute / Measure the time taken for the water level to drop to 25cm3
8. Repeat steps 5-7 with temperatures 40ºC, 30ºC, and 20ºC
thanks i was so stuck too really appreciate it! :smile:
I dont fully understand that method could you rewrite it in a simpler way for me pls.
Reply 5
Original post by Helpp123

Thanks!

For ocr a Biology PAG 12 is a research practical could you please tell me what that entails asI have heard to research a topic outside of the spec but another teacher told me to researchone of the three given topics on the spec, and when I have the topic or get given it how wouldI research it would I bring my own resources like a textbook into the lab and write it in a bookor online?
Reply 6
Original post by 16tahrah
I dont fully understand that method could you rewrite it in a simpler way for me pls.

For ocr a Biology PAG 12 is a research practical could you please tell me what that entails asI have heard to research a topic outside of the spec but another teacher told me to researchone of the three given topics on the spec, and when I have the topic or get given it how wouldI research it would I bring my own resources like a textbook into the lab and write it in a bookor online?
does anyone have any good sources for changing temperatures rather than sucrose concentration? everything i've found seems to only change concentration but I would rather do temperature changes as in the post here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending