The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by saladtime45
Did anyone else not get this email? I got the one to acknowledge my application and sign up to the portal but not this one?

I think this is a generic email which has been sent out to applicants - though it does seem designed to freak everyone out!
At least they have acknowledged your application, so relax (?) until interview time :smile:
Original post by myoung8898
Concerning the email Nottingham sent out last week about how they've got a large number of applications and therefore will take longer to give us a decision; does anyone know if this is an email they send out every year? Or if there is actually an usually high number of applications this year?

I dont remember getting it last year when I applied if that helps
Original post by myoung8898
Concerning the email Nottingham sent out last week about how they've got a large number of applications and therefore will take longer to give us a decision; does anyone know if this is an email they send out every year? Or if there is actually an usually high number of applications this year?

No they didn't send this out last year but they did increase the size of the course for 2019 entry.
I got the confirmation but not the fee status/high applications emails
Reply 64
Original post by Tonic Water
No they didn't send this out last year but they did increase the size of the course for 2019 entry.

How many have they increased it by/to this year?
Original post by piptaz!

I don't know if they are increasing it for 2020 entry. We were told that the course will be changing from 2020 entry onwards but not if they will be accepting more people.
Reply 66
Original post by piptaz!

I don't know if they are increasing it for 2020 entry. We were told that the course will be changing from 2020 entry onwards but not if they will be accepting more people.

"Course places: 113 places are available for Home and EU students"
Last year it was 118 according to the 2019 spreadsheet.
93 in 2018 according to themedical portal.

[Nottingham's website] | [Medic Portal Grad Entry][Archived] | [Spreadsheet]
Has anyone here been to the AUC/Medic Portal free GEM talk? I'm wondering if it will actually be informative for interviews or if it's more just a talk to sell the Medicine in the Caribbean programme?
Original post by saladtime45
Has anyone here been to the AUC/Medic Portal free GEM talk? I'm wondering if it will actually be informative for interviews or if it's more just a talk to sell the Medicine in the Caribbean programme?

I went ~ two years ago. From what I remember they did say some useful stuff but none of it was information that you couldn't get from somewhere else. Half of it was this American woman doing an awful job of selling that AUC thing though. If you live out of Londoj I really wouldn't bother going if I were you. By the time it got round to application time last year I'd completely forgotten about it.
I went ~ two years ago. From what I remember they did say some useful stuff but none of it was information that you couldn't get from somewhere else. Half of it was this American woman doing an awful job of selling that AUC thing though. If you live out of Londoj I really wouldn't bother going if I were you. By the time it got round to application time last year I'd completely forgotten about it.

Ah fair enough - thanks for saving me the train fare!
Reply 70
Original post by 548
"Course places: 113 places are available for Home and EU students"
Last year it was 118 according to the 2019 spreadsheet.
93 in 2018 according to themedical portal.

[Nottingham's website] | [Medic Portal Grad Entry][Archived] | [Spreadsheet]

Thanks for the info :smile:

Any idea of how the course will be changing? Sounds intriguing.....
Original post by piptaz!
Any idea of how the course will be changing? Sounds intriguing.....

No idea. We were just told that our cohort (2019) would be the last cohort to have the course as it is. As far as I remember the weren't very specific about it but we were told this in our intro lecture almost two months ago haha.
Does anyone remember what time Nottingham sent round their GAMSAT cut-off last year?
Original post by tamsin_athalie
Does anyone remember what time Nottingham sent round their GAMSAT cut-off last year?

21st November is when the Work Experience Questionnaire was sent round to those who had met the cutoff.
So would getting one of those automatically mean an invitation to MMIs was coming?
Original post by Really_Mature
So would getting one of those automatically mean an invitation to MMIs was coming?

Yes, assuming your experience is accepted and nothing else pops up. Getting the questionnaire means you've met the cutoff and pretty much means you'll get an interview if your experience is ok.
Reply 76
Hej Nottingham applicants, I hope you're all doing well.

Just to let you all know that the spreadsheet is ready for use. I've made a small modification last year, based on a comment, to the GAMSAT section. Feel free to add or ask me to add/remove anything that may be useful.
Plop in your details when you get your interview and feel free to use the spreadsheet to compare dates and thoughts with one another during the tedious waiting process.
Any mistakes are easily undoable, simply ctrl+z.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1raOdIae0T-QGzOIjGocTqyJpevYz-CSj4SKFn8Dj2kw/edit#gid=424104450

Good luck!
Original post by Really_Mature

Pretty much. I didn't hear about anyone last year who got a work experience questionnaire and no interview.
GAMSAT results are out, hope everyone did well enough for an interview. What was the cut off last year?
I took GAMSAT last year but I’d like to see the percentile rank chart for this year if anyone could send it to me
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending