The Student Room Group

Midwifery --- Uni Application Time Length

I’m submitting my UCAS application soon to study Midwifery at my 5 choices. Even though I wanna study midwifery, anyone can answer this!! How long did it take for you to receive an interview? Then after that, how long did it take for you to receive the results if you where successful or not?

I want to have a greater understanding of when I’ll actually know if I’ve got in uni or not!!

Thank you!!!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isabelmidwifery
I’m submitting my UCAS application soon to study Midwifery at my 5 choices. Even though I wanna study midwifery, anyone can answer this!! How long did it take for you to receive an interview? Then after that, how long did it take for you to receive the results if you where successful or not?

I want to have a greater understanding of when I’ll actually know if I’ve got in uni or not!!

Thank you!!!

Which year are you applying for? If it’s 2019 entry you’ve way missed the deadline for equal consideration! You’ll have to do a clearing application

2020 entry hasn’t opened yet for applications
Original post by super_kawaii
Which year are you applying for? If it’s 2019 entry you’ve way missed the deadline for equal consideration! You’ll have to do a clearing application

2020 entry hasn’t opened yet for applications

~~

It’s for 2020 entry!! I know it hasn’t opened yet. I was just looking for someone’s experience with the application process so I can get a better idea and approximately know when I may get into uni. Sorry I should of made it clearer. Xx
Reply 3
I'd be interested in this too, as I have applied for 2020 and haven't received anything as yet apart from acknowledgement of receipt x
I am moving this thread to the Nursing and Midwifery forum.
Original post by Isabelmidwifery

Thank you!!!

If you're applying for 2020 entry, the entire application will take up to a year. AFAIK the deadline for midwifery applications is 18:00 on 15th January 2020. This is when you need to have your entire application with unis by, including references, to be considered equally to other applicants.

You then wait after you've sent your application to receive responses from unis (invites to interviews, offers or rejections). When you have all your responses back, if you have any offers, you'll be able to pick a top and back up choice (known as firm and insurance choices respectively)

You then take your final exams (A Levels, IB, or equivalents) and then you'll know if you're going to uni when you pick up your results over the summer holidays. A Levels are the last to receive their results, in the 2nd week of August.
I applied at the end of September (2019) for 5 uni’s, starting 2020. Only Lincoln have offered me a place so far, nobody else has responded. I’m so antsy, checking my emails every ten minutes😭😂
Reply 7
Me too applied to KCL, LSB, university of Greenwich, Middlesex University and still waiting to hear back with anything. Can’t stand the wait!!!!😩😂
Reply 8
i applied today for cardiff, bristol (uwe), south wales, surrey, and swansea! i’m waiting for acknowledgements, will keep you posted as it’s so competitive and knowing you have people to talk to about it is often nice!
Reply 9
I applied a week ago to 5 unis and got an interview email from UEA the day after UCAS got sent and then after another 4 days got an interview email from teeside. But the interviews are in end of November and start of dec.
Original post by Mid23
I applied a week ago to 5 unis and got an interview email from UEA the day after UCAS got sent and then after another 4 days got an interview email from teeside. But the interviews are in end of November and start of dec.

Best of luck with your interviews :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Teesside University
Best of luck with your interviews :smile:

Thank you !!! My 1st one is at your university! Can I ask how many applicants are invited to the same time slot ?
Original post by Mid23
Thank you !!! My 1st one is at your university! Can I ask how many applicants are invited to the same time slot ?

Great - best of luck! There'll be around six applicants for each time slot, and you'll go through a series of skills stations to help us assess your suitability for studying and working in the field :smile:. Overall for each interview day there'll be up to 50/60 applicants. Hope this helps!
Reply 13
Original post by Teesside University
Great - best of luck! There'll be around six applicants for each time slot, and you'll go through a series of skills stations to help us assess your suitability for studying and working in the field :smile:. Overall for each interview day there'll be up to 50/60 applicants. Hope this helps!

Yes it does. Thank you very much !
Original post by amy8900
i applied today for cardiff, bristol (uwe), south wales, surrey, and swansea! i’m waiting for acknowledgements, will keep you posted as it’s so competitive and knowing you have people to talk to about it is often nice!

Hey, I also applied for Cardiff, South Wales and UWE. I've got interviews at Cardiff and UWE but heard nothing from South Wales yet. Have you heard anything back from any?
Original post by student200101
Hey, I also applied for Cardiff, South Wales and UWE. I've got interviews at Cardiff and UWE but heard nothing from South Wales yet. Have you heard anything back from any?

Hi, have you applied for midwifery in swansea?
Original post by Swansea89
Hi, have you applied for midwifery in swansea?

hey, no I didn't. Have you had any luck yet?
hey, no I didn't. Have you had any luck yet?

Still awaiting a reply from Swansea, not sure when the last interviews are

Hi, congrats on getting interviews !! I've also applied to Cardiff but haven't heard back from them yet, when did they get in touch with you ?
p.s Good luck for your interviews :smile:
Original post by student282002
Hi, congrats on getting interviews !! I've also applied to Cardiff but haven't heard back from them yet, when did they get in touch with you ?
p.s Good luck for your interviews :smile:

thank you!! I think my application was acknowledged by them like 12th Jan and then they emailed me on the 28th inviting me to an interview. When did you send your application off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending