The Student Room Group

Democratic Party begin impeachment inquiry against Trump

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
It's a single thread.

That you feel you need to defend the orange numpty so vehemently against people who have zero effect on the result of any election just screams insecurity. It makes sense that you follow him.

I know a winner when i see one.
Icould say the same for the constant attacks despite his mounting successes. Do you wish you could vote for him but hate being denied the privilege?
Reply 61
Original post by 4moreyears
I know a winner when i see one.
Icould say the same for the constant attacks despite his mounting successes. Do you wish you could vote for him but hate being denied the privilege?

Why "4moreyears"? Why not make it 8? 12? Til death of your Dear Leader?
Reply 62
Original post by Ascend
Til death of your Dear Leader?

Come on junk food, the world is counting on you.
Original post by Ascend
Why "4moreyears"? Why not make it 8? 12? Til death of your Dear Leeducations im the real world like trump, we wouldnt ader?

Being Pres is a no brainer for Trump just like it would be for anyone who knows rigjt from wrong and wouldnt sit around and endlessly debate it. If past Pres had gotten their educations in the real world we wouldnt be in such a mess. I would welcome a third term but no more. Hopefully by then any who were aspiring to tje presidency could learn how a sucessfull presidency looks likes and how it operates.
By the end of his second term he will probanly be eager to get back to business where he can at least feel challenged again.
Reply 64
Being Pres is a no brainer for Trump just like it would be for anyone who knows rigjt from wrong and wouldnt sit around and endlessly debate it. If past Pres had gotten their educations in the real world we wouldnt be in such a mess. I would welcome a third term but no more. Hopefully by then any who were aspiring to tje presidency could learn how a sucessfull presidency looks likes and how it operates.
By the end of his second term he will probanly be eager to get back to business where he can at least feel challenged again.

I'm not sure if this is a parody account of the stereotypical uneducated 'deplorable' Trump voter or a serious one, in which case I'd ask you to rephrase your rant into something more coherent for discourse.
Original post by Ascend
I'm not sure if this is a parody account of the stereotypical uneducated 'deplorable' Trump voter or a serious one, in which case I'd ask you to rephrase your rant into something more coherent for discourse.

Oh come on it aint that bad!!
But you've pretty much nailed it.
This is a serious rant from one of Trumps uneducated deplorable supporters.
It was hard enough to type it out on my phone between all the ads and having it vanish if i touched the screen in the wrong spot so i wont retype it.
The main point is while i would welcome a 3rd term im sure Trump will be eager to return private business where he can feel challenged again.
So, while Overlord Oranges acolytes pretend he's in any way competent, things are getting worse for the pumpkin Pinochets defence as the US ambassador to the EU reverses his previous testimony and admits there was a clear quid pro quo set up: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-gordon-sondland-reversal/index.html
Trump will be fine. Impeachment will never pass the Senate, and the Dems look like total hypocrites for their language on Trump vs Clinton. The basis of the whole thing will knock Biden out of the race, putting a total loser like Warren in as the Dem nominee, the voters will be annoyed and Trump will quite probably win a second term.

The Dems will learn absolutely nothing from this, and spend all of his second term trying to dig up some new scandal on him rather than conducting the business of government. Again.
Reply 68
Original post by Trinculo
Trump will be fine. Impeachment will never pass the Senate, and the Dems look like total hypocrites for their language on Trump vs Clinton. The basis of the whole thing will knock Biden out of the race, putting a total loser like Warren in as the Dem nominee, the voters will be annoyed and Trump will quite probably win a second term.

The Dems will learn absolutely nothing from this, and spend all of his second term trying to dig up some new scandal on him rather than conducting the business of government. Again.

Completely agree

Bingo! You've nailed the bottom line to all this.
Additionally, repeating what some have said who have spoken recently with Trump, he is in hog heaven! This guy loves a fight! It empowers him and this is a fight with 2 people he's despised since the day he was sworn in.
As far he's concerned Schiff and Pelosi are whats wrong with America and American politics.
I think the dems are seeing they should have never opened this can of worms. I didnt see Pelosi in one interview all week and when you Biden on camera he's being hustled away into a waiting car because both of them couldnt answer questions their afraid would be put to them.
This is going to start getting real good on Monday.

The Dems will learn absolutely nothing from this, and spend all of his second term trying to dig up some new scandal on him rather than conducting the business of government. Again.ou

You seem to have a flair for distilling things down to the essentials.
What are your thoughts on Mayor Bloomberg entering the race. Although its not certain he will run yet, it is said that he wouldnt run if he did'nt think he could win.
You seem to have a flair for distilling things down to the essentials.
What are your thoughts on Mayor Bloomberg entering the race. Although its not certain he will run yet, it is said that he wouldnt run if he did'nt think he could win.

The thing is - there are two completely different things going on. The first is - who will Dems nominate; the second is does that person beat Trump?

Bloomberg in isolation is a fair candidate against Trump. He's pretty much Trump from ten years ago - a really rich Democrat from New York who is famous for other stuff. In the current climate, if he were to just run on "I won't do anything stupid and I'm not Trump" he'd probably win 40 states. I just don't see him getting close to the nomination because half of all Democrat voters are insane.

The way it works and the reason idiots like Booker are still hanging around is because the order in which people drop out of the race is absolutely critical. What you do and say in debates is almost irrelevant. What matters is that you can outlast your opponents and that people with similar values to yourself run out of money - and you absorb their support.

At this moment, the polls look like this:
Biden 28%
Warren 20%
Bernie 17%
Pete 7%
Kamala 4%
Yang, Amy, Booker, Tulsi - 2.5% or less.

Just for arguments sake, say they stay like this - the support is fixed. As candidates drop out - where does their support go? Yang is on 2.5% but his supporters will never go to Bernie. Booker's may go to Warren or Kamala. Kamala's may go to Bernie. Now, if at least some of Tulsi and Yang's go to Pete - he could be on 10% or more. I don't see Kamala getting much more so she's on 5%.When she drops out, if her support goes to Bernie, that may knock out Mayor Pete, whose support is very unlikely to go to Bernie - possibly splitting among Warren and Biden - effectively knocking out Bernie. At that point, it's the nutters against the non-nutters over whether it's Warren or Biden. I think Biden will be very damaged over the stance that the Dems are taking over impeachment, it's only going to get worse for him. This is why I think Warren beats him.

But the very fact that Bloomberg is doing this at this late stage should tell you how awful the field is - and why you cannot rule out a Hillary run. I think Hillary beats Biden but not Warren. Both Hillary and Warren lose to Trump. Biden probably wins.
(edited 4 years ago)
The Democrats should concentrate on being credible candidates for Office rather than stupid actions like trying to get the President impeached
Original post by dancehead
The Democrats should concentrate on being credible candidates for Office rather than stupid actions like trying to get the President impeached

They can't.

Trump and Brexit are the same thing. In the UK, all politics is now viewed through the prism of Brexit. Remainers were sure they would win and when they didn't, they were driven mad. Normal politics ceased and everything became an effort to stop Brexit by any means necessary - even those that were usually unthinkable, like running to court every couple of weeks, or using a corrupt Speaker. Exactly the same thing has happened in the US - everything is viewed through the prism of Trump. Democrats cannot fight the 2020 election, because they are still fighting the 2016 election. They are so utterly convinced that it was impossible for the voters to have reached the verdict that they did, that the result must be overturned.
I think thats an accurate analysis of the situation both here and in the USA. But what is it in the psychlogical make up of a Remain and a Democrat voter that prevents them from accepting a vote which didn't go their way? The democrats have lost elections before and there was never this much fuss. They just moved on. Why can't they this time and why can't remainers accept the vote? Those who opposed Britain joining the EEC (including Labour and Tony Benn) have waited patiently until 2016 to get a vote on the EU again, and there was never any fuss or attempts to reverse, block the decision, ask the question again or a million other ways they have tried to stop it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by dancehead
I think thats an accurate analysis of the situation both here and in the USA. But what is it in the psychlogical make up of a Remain and a Democrat voter that prevents them from accepting a vote which didn't go their way? The democrats have lost elections before and there was never this much fuss. They just moved on. Why can't they this time and why can't remainers accept the vote? Those who opposed Britain joining the EEC (including Labour and Tony Benn) have waited patiently until 2016 to get a vote on the EU again, and there was never any fuss or attempts to reverse, block the decision, ask the question again or a million other ways they have tried to stop it.

There is something that flicked a switch in them and made them think that it was an existential question. Many Remainers honestly believe the insane rhetoric that Britain will become a Third World country outside the EU - and they will do anything, no matter how much it damages the discourse of the nation to win a battle that they felt *entitled* to win. They believe it isn't a question of opinion or "will of the people", but one of objective right and wrong. They believe that the only possible reason for voting Leave is racism, and that only people less intelligent than themselves could have done so - ergo democracy is an affront to reason and it must be set aside. They will use any tactic, any guile, any chicanery to restore what they believe should have been the correct result.

And monkey see, monkey do. The Democrats can see that paralysing the government and constantly doing nothing but slinging anything whatsoever at your opponent has worked (up until now, anyway) and so they do it too. Rather than run the country and present the laws that they want (given their House majority) all Dems want to do is "get Trump", and the way to do that is to jam government up with lawsuits and kangaroo court cases.
Reply 77
Many Remainers honestly believe the insane rhetoric that Britain will become a Third World country outside the EU

Since when? and like the brexiteer rhetoric that Britain will become a global powerhouse with streets paved of gold?
and they will do anything, no matter how much it damages the discourse of the nation

The hypocrisy in this is nauseating...
They believe it isn't a question of opinion or "will of the people", but one of objective right and wrong. They believe that the only possible reason for voting Leave is racism,

So the fact that hate crimes and racism have spiked is just a coincidence? :rolleyes:

And monkey see, monkey do. The Democrats can see that paralysing the government and constantly doing nothing but slinging anything whatsoever at your opponent has worked (up until now, anyway) and so they do it too.

Either you're lying or are grotesquly ignorant of American politics (and Trumps twitter account) with a statement like this.
Rather than run the country and present the laws that they want (given their House majority) all Dems want to do is "get Trump", and the way to do that is to jam government up with lawsuits and kangaroo court cases.

I like how you're blaming the democrats for that when it is manifestly bull and the republicans have done that as well since time immemorial...
Do you even know what a kangaroo court is...?
The thing is - there are two completely different things going on. The first is - who will Dems nominate; the second is does that person beat Trump?

Bloomberg in isolation is a fair candidate against Trump. He's pretty much Trump from ten years ago - a really rich Democrat from New York who is famous for other stuff. In the current climate, if he were to just run on "I won't do anything stupid and I'm not Trump" he'd probably win 40 states. I just don't see him getting close to the nomination because half of all Democrat voters are insane.

The way it works and the reason idiots like Booker are still hanging around is because the order in which people drop out of the race is absolutely critical. What you do and say in debates is almost irrelevant. What matters is that you can outlast your opponents and that people with similar values to yourself run out of money - and you absorb their support.

At this moment, the polls look like this:
Biden 28%
Warren 20%
Bernie 17%
Pete 7%
Kamala 4%
Yang, Amy, Booker, Tulsi - 2.5% or less.

Just for arguments sake, say they stay like this - the support is fixed. As candidates drop out - where does their support go? Yang is on 2.5% but his supporters will never go to Bernie. Booker's may go to Warren or Kamala. Kamala's may go to Bernie. Now, if at least some of Tulsi and Yang's go to Pete - he could be on 10% or more. I don't see Kamala getting much more so she's on 5%.When she drops out, if her support goes to Bernie, that may knock out Mayor Pete, whose support is very unlikely to go to Bernie - possibly splitting among Warren and Biden - effectively knocking out Bernie. At that point, it's the nutters against the non-nutters over whether it's Warren or Biden. I think Biden will be very damaged over the stance that the Dems are taking over impeachment, it's only going to get worse for him. This is why I think Warren beats him.

But the very fact that Bloomberg is doing this at this late stage should tell you how awful the field is - and why you cannot rule out a Hillary run. I think Hillary beats Biden but not Warren. Both Hillary and Warren lose to Trump. Biden probably wins.

Interesting.
Just to note' i saw one poll that had Bloomberg coming in at 6th place.

I dont think Bloomberg can really fire up anyone between S.F. amd N.Y
They can't.

Trump and Brexit are the same thing. In the UK, all politics is now viewed through the prism of Brexit. Remainers were sure they would win and when they didn't, they were driven mad. Normal politics ceased and everything became an effort to stop Brexit by any means necessary - even those that were usually unthinkable, like running to court every couple of weeks, or using a corrupt Speaker. Exactly the same thing has happened in the US - everything is viewed through the prism of Trump. Democrats cannot fight the 2020 election, because they are still fighting the 2016 election. They are so utterly convinced that it was impossible for the voters to have reached the verdict that they did, that the result must be overturned.

What utter nonsense. The impeachment process is because there is strong reason to suspect that Trump has abused the power of office for bribery and extortion, to pretend it's actually just about the 2016 election is to deal in a fictional world where Trump isn't a criminal. Not to mention that it's different parts of the party that are gearing up for 2020; none of those involved in carrying out proper process and investigating the presidents crimes (almost like the job of the house and senate is to provide checks and balances against the executive) are involved in the primaries.

Quick Reply

Latest