The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Offers 2020

Hi!! I don’t believe anyone has started a discussion on this yet so thought it would be a bright idea to start one.

How about we all say where we’ve applied, predicted UCAS grades, GCSE grades etc and get to know each other a bit more?

Tia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DJDONNA
i was planning on starting this thread but i am too stressed for it 😂😂

Keele, Bath, Reading, QUB, Aston

predicted A*AA /A*A*A
gcse 8877A66544

( do u think i have a chance of getting an offer with these gcses, especially with a grade 4 in english which is a minimum requirement?)

i havent apllied yet ... maybe in november

donna :smile:

Hi Donna!

Obviously I’m as clueless as you as to how good those grades are as I’m only a student like you - however your UCAS grades are so good and over the grade requirements that I’d assume you shouldn’t worry too much about some of your GCSE grades. You don’t have any fails and they’re usually only looking for a grade 4/ sometimes 6 in English and maths minimum and AAB predominantly at a level so I reckon you’ll be fine.

I’ve applied to Keele, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester Met as a last resort ahahahaha. I’ve got an interview for University of Manchester on the 6th of November however that is the only UCAS track update I’ve had so far.

My UCAS predicted grades are AAB and my gcse grades were a distinction, 5A’s, 5B’s and a C.
Original post by TiaJLB
Hi Donna!

Obviously I’m as clueless as you as to how good those grades are as I’m only a student like you - however your UCAS grades are so good and over the grade requirements that I’d assume you shouldn’t worry too much about some of your GCSE grades. You don’t have any fails and they’re usually only looking for a grade 4/ sometimes 6 in English and maths minimum and AAB predominantly at a level so I reckon you’ll be fine.

I’ve applied to Keele, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester Met as a last resort ahahahaha. I’ve got an interview for University of Manchester on the 6th of November however that is the only UCAS track update I’ve had so far.

My UCAS predicted grades are AAB and my gcse grades were a distinction, 5A’s, 5B’s and a C.

thanks i hope it will be fine :smile:

and wow you got an interview! thats sooooo goooood. you seem to have good grades as well. is there anything you need to prepare for it? and how long did it take for the interview offer to come.

But I hope it goes well for u!! Good luck!!
Reply 3
Original post by DJDONNA
thanks i hope it will be fine :smile:

and wow you got an interview! thats sooooo goooood. you seem to have good grades as well. is there anything you need to prepare for it? and how long did it take for the interview offer to come.

But I hope it goes well for u!! Good luck!!

I don’t believe there’s much to prepare, I think it’s a 15 minute interview but a 3 hour day from 1-4pm. My interview offer came in 2 days after them receiving my application though :smile: x

I’m sure it’ll be ok though for both of us, I’m glad someone found the thread because I’ve not yet been able to find many other pharm students
Original post by TiaJLB
I don’t believe there’s much to prepare, I think it’s a 15 minute interview but a 3 hour day from 1-4pm. My interview offer came in 2 days after them receiving my application though :smile: x

I’m sure it’ll be ok though for both of us, I’m glad someone found the thread because I’ve not yet been able to find many other pharm students

ohhh alright. idk much about the interview thats why i asked. sorry if it was too much questions 😅

same i have been replying to so many threads related to pharmacy but noone has replied back to me. i am so thankful u acc replied 😂
Reply 5
Original post by DJDONNA
ohhh alright. idk much about the interview thats why i asked. sorry if it was too much questions 😅

same i have been replying to so many threads related to pharmacy but noone has replied back to me. i am so thankful u acc replied 😂

Literally same ahahhah nobody replies 😂 and don’t worry about the questions lol I don’t know much about the interview stage either!!
Hi i’m also applying for pharmacy.
My predicted grades are AAA
My GCSE grades were 7776666655
I’ve applied to Bath, Birmingham, Nottingham, UCL and UEA. I’m just waiting for my school to send off my application with my teacher reference.
Reply 7
hi all
can someone study pharmacy with only one science subject like biology. my son is doing A level year 12 with the other two subjects being business and accounting. is chemistry is vital subject for a level for pharmacy degree. finally how much of chemistry is studied in the pharmacy degree st uni compared to other modules.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mass63
hi all
can someone study pharmacy with only one science subject like biology. my son is doing A level year 12 with the other two subjects being business and accounting. is chemistry is vital subject for a level for pharmacy degree.

Hi, yes you must study chemistry a level to do the course as a lot of the degree is chemistry based
Reply 9
Original post by mass63
hi all
can someone study pharmacy with only one science subject like biology. my son is doing A level year 12 with the other two subjects being business and accounting. is chemistry is vital subject for a level for pharmacy degree. finally how much of chemistry is studied in the pharmacy degree st uni compared to other modules.

Yes, to study pharmacy chemistry is a vital aspect of the course and you must have studied it at a level. Unfortunately this is the case with lots of biology based degrees, however dependent on university you might be able to find a course that doesn’t require chemistry.
Reply 10
Original post by chloedenise
Hi i’m also applying for pharmacy.
My predicted grades are AAA
My GCSE grades were 7776666655
I’ve applied to Bath, Birmingham, Nottingham, UCL and UEA. I’m just waiting for my school to send off my application with my teacher reference.

Keep us updated!! Sounds like you’ve got a good set of grades.
Reply 11
Original post by TiaJLB
Yes, to study pharmacy chemistry is a vital aspect of the course and you must have studied it at a level. Unfortunately this is the case with lots of biology based degrees, however dependent on university you might be able to find a course that doesn’t require chemistry.

Thanks for the reply. University of Kent will take biology only for their foundation 5 years course ( they email me with this effect). I do not know if there are others.
Regards
Reply 12
Hi all. Do you guys did any work experience in relation to pharmacy that will go into your personal statement. Do university preference or expect work experience for application to be successful?

Regards
Reply 13
Original post by mass63
Hi all. Do you guys did any work experience in relation to pharmacy that will go into your personal statement. Do university preference or expect work experience for application to be successful?

Regards

I didn’t do any work experience in a pharmacy itself but I did clinical work in a care home and so used that as an example of work experience in my personal statement. While if you haven’t had any extra experience it shouldn’t necessarily affect your application they would welcome anything extra you’ve done one would assume - this could create an application they prefer over others if they have to choose from someone who has or hasn’t - yet it’s important to note that your application could be stronger in other senses.
Reply 14
Original post by mass63
Thanks for the reply. University of Kent will take biology only for their foundation 5 years course ( they email me with this effect). I do not know if there are others.
Regards

No worries. It’s not a common occurrence for courses to allow simply biology but as you say, usually foundation courses are more lenient on the entry requirements in regards to subjects taken and grades acquired.
Original post by mass63

Regards

for work experience, it doesn't necessarily have to be in a pharmacy but anything based around it. u can link the skills you developed to that of what a pharmacist is required to have.

hope that makes some sort of sense and that it helps :smile:
Reply 16
hey I have an interview for Manchester on the 6th November and I was wondering what prep I should do for it??
the only thing I'm confused about is whether we're getting a test or not.
Reply 17
Original post by TV01
hey I have an interview for Manchester on the 6th November and I was wondering what prep I should do for it??
the only thing I'm confused about is whether we're getting a test or not.

Hi!! I’ve got my interview on that day too, I contacted the university and there’s no admissions test, just a 15 minute interview. If you go to https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/study/pharmacy/ucas-visit-days/ there’s some more information. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 18
Received an offer from Manchester Met and Liverpool for Pharmaceutical Science and Pharmacology
Reply 19
Original post by TiaJLB
Hi!! I’ve got my interview on that day too, I contacted the university and there’s no admissions test, just a 15 minute interview. If you go to https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/study/pharmacy/ucas-visit-days/ there’s some more information. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank youu! Good Luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending