The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Going to Dundee for 5 nights, please help!

Hiya guys,

I’m travelling up to Dundee on the 30th, all on my own from Cornwall for the DJCAD open day as I’m interested in studying Animation! I’m so scared as I’ve never gone anywhere on my own and I’ll be staying for a few nights to explore the city.

Any tips for what I should do whilst I’m there and also how to budget food? Also any advice for coming for an open day?

If anyone else is coming up too, I’d love to make some friends :smile:
If you have time then I hear the V & A is a recommended attraction.

In regards to budgeting food, best thing to do is plan out your 3 meals for each day and take it from there.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Dundee's not too big, but you could visit the V&A (if only for the architecture haha), theres the McManus gallery, nice quick eat restaurants down the Perth Road (this is right by the uni). Yeah, not a huge amount to do but its a nice place :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by RBudzinska
Hiya guys,

I’m travelling up to Dundee on the 30th, all on my own from Cornwall for the DJCAD open day as I’m interested in studying Animation! I’m so scared as I’ve never gone anywhere on my own and I’ll be staying for a few nights to explore the city.

Any tips for what I should do whilst I’m there and also how to budget food? Also any advice for coming for an open day?

If anyone else is coming up too, I’d love to make some friends :smile:

I as well am considering Dundee as an option for animation but I couldnt go on the open days
Could you please share your opinion on the University during your visit?
Reply 4
Original post by Xdscore
I as well am considering Dundee as an option for animation but I couldnt go on the open days
Could you please share your opinion on the University during your visit?

I’ll be very honest - I didn’t enjoy it at all and decided not to apply to them. I was there as a disabled student on my own and didn’t get much support from them and was very overwhelmed. I also thought they were more focused on selling their foundation year than the actual animation course and seeing as I’m already doing a foundation, I was off put that they kept on pushing it. But I’m sure that other people have had vastly different experiences from mine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending