The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wajidlatifi
Hi guys,

I’ve applied to this course. If anyone here live in Plymouth or have been to Plymouth can you please tell me about the city. Last thing I want is to be stuck in a place I don’t like for 6 years.

Thank you.

Hi what are your stats like
Also have you sent off your eligibility forms yet
Thanks
Original post by suf6799
Hi what are your stats like
Also have you sent off your eligibility forms yet
Thanks

have you received the eligibility forms yet?
Reply 22
when are eligibility forms usually sent?
Original post by Mckailer
have you received the eligibility forms yet?

No but in the website is says we need to submit letters to the email proving our eligibility ???
It are they gonna send us forms
Reply 24
so are we supposed to send it ourselves?
Original post by z2002
so are we supposed to send it ourselves?

You only need to send it for Free school meals/16-18 bursary as that's something that isn't stated on your UCAS application
Original post by cherry1011
You only need to send it for Free school meals/16-18 bursary as that's something that isn't stated on your UCAS application

what letters do i send to prove this
also does anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview or how competitive it is ie.ratio
Original post by suf6799
what letters do i send to prove this
also does anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview or how competitive it is ie.ratio

Ask your school to provide you with a letter to prove you receive bursary or free school meals, scan it and send to them. They decide who to call for an interview based on the contextual indicators, how many do you meet?
Has anyone heard back yet from the university, not including acknowledgement emails?
Original post by Mckailer
Has anyone heard back yet from the university, not including acknowledgement emails?

Nothing yet
anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview as I emailed them and they said they don't rank gsce or personal statements or require ucat so how do they decide???
Original post by suf6799
anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview as I emailed them and they said they don't rank gsce or personal statements or require ucat so how do they decide???

I believe that they interview everyone who meets the entry requirements, so, therefore, do not then use GCSE grades and personal statements to create a cut-off score for interview.
Reply 32
wouldn’t that be more competitive?
Original post by z2002
wouldn’t that be more competitive?

Common sense would say so, especially given the fact that they do not require UCAT or high GCSE grades, so applicants who have bad scores will be flocking to this course.
Reply 34
oh damn 😳
Does anyone know if Plymouth Medicine Foundation Year accept GCSE resits
*I've emailed them but they are not getting back to me*
Reply 36
how would they know if you have resit a GCSE?
Original post by z2002
how would they know if you have resit a GCSE?

As on UCAS when inputting your qualifications you have to list them all including ones you have failed. If you have the same qualification twice on different dates then it is clearly a resit.
Reply 38
oh my school only told me to put my highest grade gcses and not resits. I dont think it would affect how they may perceive your GCSEs, i think they’ll just look at your highest grades if you have put your resits :smile:
Original post by z2002
oh my school only told me to put my highest grade gcses and not resits. I dont think it would affect how they may perceive your GCSEs, i think they’ll just look at your highest grades if you have put your resits :smile:

Its actually stated on UCAS that you have to declare all of your qualifications, as it's dishonest to say you achieved a grade that you didn't on the first sit.

Latest

Trending

Trending