The Student Room Group

Dnipro Medical Institute. I'm a student AMA

Scroll to see replies

its Dnipro BTW. yea all in 2nd year entry £7500. years after £3,00 I've got my letter jus waiting for visa
Original post by shoobydoo
How much are you being charged for the first year at DNIPERO?

Best to go through SME to Tbilisi, Georgia.
the fee’s are cheaper, the university is more secure and the country is ALOT safer. I was also going to apply for Dnipro but NVU in Georgia seems the MUCH better option by a long shot
Original post by Patrick Robb
Hi guys im thinking of applying to Dnipro for grad entry. I have a couple of questions first though.
Ive been in contact with both agents and the GMC. The GMC require minimum 5,500 hours of contact time.. now this means lectures and study time ONLY. they do NOT count the final year which you do as Dnipro as contact time. This final year at Dnipro is placement/internship (equivalent to UK FY1), and is assessed differently, and therefore does not count to the 5,500 hours required by the GMC.. This placement lasts the whole year also, consisting of 6 week rotations in different specialties.
So therefore the important question is, how are the 5,500 hours supposed to be made up in years 1-3... ?? If anyone has answers please let me know as this is make or break for an application!

Hey
I was looking into applying for Dnipro as well for the grad entry but was a little worried about whether the 3 yrs of teaching (not incl. final yr of rotations) would be sufficient hours. Not only that but I'm from the UK, London specifically, and I've been thinking of how I would travel back and forth i.e. no direct flights and train journey from Kiev is about 5 hrs !!!

If there are any students on thread currently at Dnipro could you shed more light on how you are finding it please. I think my options for grad entry medicine abroad are now dwindling down to just Polish unis but I think I've missed deadlines for 2019 entry now. Might end up paying those exorbitant fees at Nicosia at this rate :frown:
u can go direct to dnipro airport but its like £200 plus. I am landing at Kiev for £26. dnipro allow you to skip years but when I rang up the agency u mentioned they don't it. Poland is way too pricy
Reply 44
Original post by Lovemedicine786
I’m hearing all these stories about safety and corruption. That once ur on the course it’s hard to pass and u have to pay money to professors as they corrupted to let u pass! It’s making me worried, also how agents are frauds.

Hi Lovemedicine786,

Unfortunately there has been a worrying amount of fake news that have been spread by certain individuals with an agenda. What/where have you read about safety and corruption? Also what experiences have you had to think that some agencies are fraudulent?
Here are some pointers to clear up some issues you raised, on behalf of Medlink students as this is the agency used for Dnipro Medical Institute:

Dnipro medical institute have hundreds of British students and also host the agency Medlink Students. Both the students and agency will verify that the university is not corrupt. There was an incident where students tried to cheat their way to passing the year which resulted in their expulsion. Medlink Students are happy to consult with you 24/7 to verify this, and they can even put you in contact with a student.

The safety of Dnipro city is like any other city. There is nothing abnormal about it. Again, students at dnipro medical institute can verify this. For example, one of the students who went with Medlink Students talks about feeling safe in the city in a Q&A at the medlink office in dnipro. You can find this 3 minutes in at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3zvayrWVtg

I fully understand with all the fear and fake news that is spread on the internet how you can think some agencies are fraudlent, I was there myself. There may be some fraudlent agencies. I can assure you Medlink Students are not fraudlent with a few reasons:
-You can email Dnipro Medical Institute at [email protected] and they will verify that Medlink Students are the agency to use for this university.
-Medlink Students are a registered UK company and are legally bound to the contract you sign with them if you use them (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09993343). The contract states that they guarantee entry or they will refund you 84% of the cost paid. They keep a tiny amount for the many hours and fees they have spent applying for a place.
-I'd be happy to show you my letter of acceptance from the university privately :smile:

If you have any further doubts please say, I'd have a go at answering them my self! Also, Medlink Students have a great 24/7 service. Their details can be found at medlinkstudents.com if you would rather chat directly to them than me.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Ace1237861997
Best to go through SME to Tbilisi, Georgia.
the fee’s are cheaper, the university is more secure and the country is ALOT safer. I was also going to apply for Dnipro but NVU in Georgia seems the MUCH better option by a long shot

Just a heads up, Study Medicine Europe (SME) charge more than Medlink students (agency fees). The tuition fees shown on SME for Tblisi, Georgia is 4060 a year. Only first year at Dnipro Medical Insititute is very slightly more expensive than this, the rest of the years at Dnipro are 3000 pounds. What makes you say that Tbilisi, Georgia is more safer and secure? Both cities seem safe :smile:
Reply 46
Does georgia even accredited by the GMC and GDC as they are not an EU or EEA member?
Reply 47
Original post by ellie80
Does georgia even accredited by the GMC and GDC as they are not an EU or EEA member?

Accreditation by the GMC relies on 4 factors:
1. Atleast 5500 hours clinical study/work
2. Atleast 3 years of med school
3 Med school is in the World Directory of med schools
4. They don't specifically say that they don't accredit qualifications from that med school

Nothing to do with being an EU/EEA member.. Won't matter soon anyway as we are leaving the EU lol.
Original post by ellie80

Yes mate Georgia is also accredited with GMC and GDC, Basically it does not effect whether Georgia comes under EU / EEA or not but yes they are.
Reply 49
Bear in mind Dnipro medical institute’s exclusive agency is medlink students. No one else can get you admission.
Reply 50
What I recommend is that you guys ask medlink for proof and/or contact the uni

Original post by zack ayari
I can..
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what the chances of actually getting accepted into Dnipro are? I am applying for third year entry Medicine.
Hi how is the teaching standard. Are lectures brief??? Or do u have to do everything from the books ?
Original post by Anonymous
My elder brother went through medlink last year and my parents were not happy with the charges of medlink, because they have a lot of hidden fees and due to the previous experience which my elder brother had with medlink I can't apply with them now, however, it is true that they offer you a guaranteed entry but the agency is so much pricy with loads of hidden cost.

I didn't find them expensive, because I spoke to more that one agency before applying. the services they offer other agencies don't offer them and they are cheaper than many agencies. they are not the cheapest I know, but for the value you pay I thought they were the best so applied through them. They are also honest, they did everything they promised to do when I moved here from airport pickup to all other services. so I recommend Medlink to you. On the other hand, There are many agencies out there, it will be more helpful for you if you contact more than one agency, and then you choose the one you think is best for you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what the chances of actually getting accepted into Dnipro are? I am applying for third year entry Medicine.

I think it depends on the degree you have and the subjects you have covered, but I'm not sure I don't have much knowledge of how the graduate entry works. I suggest you ask an agent who works in this field or you can email the university with your transcripts and ask them.
Canbyou please send over the study curriculum per year?
Can someone send me the cirrouculum
Too thank u
Oh thank you very much although I was referring to the curriculum for the Dnipro Medical Institute
Have you tried googling it?
Yeah but I did not find anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending