The Student Room Group

FCA Graduate Scheme 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by zcQ
Hi everyone,

Has anybody heard back after an Assessment Centre? I'm still waiting and it's been over 3 weeks!

Hey! I was wondering the same thing. I know that they said they will let us know in a few days if we did very good or very bad, and keep us on hold if we were average. But has anyone actually had an answer at all?
Reply 61
Original post by mml4
Hey! I was wondering the same thing. I know that they said they will let us know in a few days if we did very good or very bad, and keep us on hold if we were average. But has anyone actually had an answer at all?

Yeah they did say if you've done exceptionally well or definitely not good enough you'll hear a few days after. Otherwise, you have to wait until they've assessed everyone. I guess we just have to sit tight (easier said than done!).
Hey guys has anyone had their final interview after the AC yet?? if so is the interview technical or competency based?
Reply 63
What scheme have you applied to? For Data Science they said that the AC is the last step
The supervision graduate role
Original post by mml4
What scheme have you applied to? For Data Science they said that the AC is the last step
Reply 65
Original post by glasses
The supervision graduate role

When did you go for an AC?
hey guys can anyone tell me what the Assessment centre at the FCA was like? what is the interactive exercise they mention in their brochure?
Reply 67
Original post by rsy97
So, my interview was in December so I can't remember the exact questions but it followed the structure of: motivational questions, competency questions and then questions about your knowledge of the FCA.

I was asked why I wanted to work for the FCA and why I applied for a role in the particular division. Think I was also asked what I could bring to the FCA! Was also asked how it could help with my future career goals.

For competency, I was asked about my achievements, then about a time I had to influence or convince someone, and then about a time I was faced with a difficult challenge and how I dealt with it.

For the knowledge questions, I think I was asked something about the FCA's values and what I thought of them, then about the future challenges the FCA faced. Think I was also asked about what achievement of the FCA I was most impressed by or something along those lines!

You also need to remember to prepare a couple of questions for the end of the interview!

I didn't get any further than the telephone interview so not sure how much of my advice you'll want to take haha, but I also went onto Glassdoor and researched every possible question I could be asked as part of the grad scheme application. I then grouped these into either motivational, knowledge or competency and wrote up bullet points for each one. I printed them out and laid them all out on the table in front of me during my interview which helped a lot!

I've had the same job since I was 16 and so hadn't done an interview in 4+ years and I got very nervous and panicked that my first interview was for such a big thing. So another thing I'd say is, if you're in the same position as I was, maybe practise, practise and practise and get someone to question you as if you're in an interview. I think that would really have helped me.

The lady I had couldn't have been nicer and really did try to make me feel less nervous. I know it's easier said than done but if you really try to stay calm and you've planned some answers you should be fine!!

Good luck all!

Thanks so much for all your help!

I've got the telephone interview for the 2020 intake in a couple of days, would have been stuck without the help on this thread!
Reply 68
Original post by Jwork98
Thanks so much for all your help!

I've got the telephone interview for the 2020 intake in a couple of days, would have been stuck without the help on this thread!

Which programme did you apply for ??
Reply 69
Original post by LVS2019
Which programme did you apply for ??

Applied for the technology and change one, how about you?
Reply 70
Original post by Jwork98
Applied for the technology and change one, how about you?

Enforcement ! Have u had ur telephone interview yet ??
Reply 71
Original post by LVS2019
Enforcement ! Have u had ur telephone interview yet ??

Yes I had it on Friday. I found out today that they'll inform me in the weeks leading up to the assessment centre if I made the shortlist.
Reply 72
Original post by Jwork98
Yes I had it on Friday. I found out today that they'll inform me in the weeks leading up to the assessment centre if I made the shortlist.

Ive just messaged you !
Ah brilliant! Congrats!
What questions did they ask you, if thats okay?

I have my phone interview coming up in a few days
Reply 74
Original post by sayeedahaq8
Ah brilliant! Congrats!
What questions did they ask you, if thats okay?

I have my phone interview coming up in a few days

I'd really recommend checking out rsy97's post that I replied to earlier, I found that to be very helpful.
Original post by Jwork98
I'd really recommend checking out rsy97's post that I replied to earlier, I found that to be very helpful.

Hi, how long after submission of motivational questions did you receive the invitation for phone interview?
Reply 76
Original post by Cclittle
Hi, how long after submission of motivational questions did you receive the invitation for phone interview?

Hi there, for me it was two days after I submitted the motivational questions.
Original post by Jwork98
Hi there, for me it was two days after I submitted the motivational questions.

Oh, it has been a week after I submitted the answers. Wondering if it could be delayed because of holiday season...
Reply 78
Original post by Cclittle

I received an email today saying my motivational questions are on hold while the first assessment centre is taking place. I submitted my mq approximately 2 weeks ago
Original post by Sunsnow
I received an email today saying my motivational questions are on hold while the first assessment centre is taking place. I submitted my mq approximately 2 weeks ago

Would you mind sharing which programme you’ve applied for? Mine is supervision.

Quick Reply