The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student0299
Wow 140 offers?! Do you know how many places they have on their programme? That’s so little

Thats what i thought. It looked insane. 700 interviews were given and 140 offers. But i mightn't have heard the admission lady correctly. I hope she meant places. Even then, on the freedom of information request sheet, it says 175 places for Home/EU applicants and it said 426 offers were given last year.

(Copy and paste in browser)

file:///C:/Users/samir/Documents/St%20Georges%20medicine.pdf
Original post by Banshee123
Thats what i thought. It looked insane. 700 interviews were given and 140 offers. But i mightn't have heard the admission lady correctly. I hope she meant places. Even then, on the freedom of information request sheet, it says 175 places for Home/EU applicants and it said 426 offers were given last year.

(Copy and paste in browser)

file:///C:/Users/samir/Documents/St%20Georges%20medicine.pdf

It definitely can't be 140 offers. Look up the statistics on WhatDoTheyKnow, in one of the latest appeals they uploaded a file with everyone that got offers and everyone that didnt and there were something like 550 offers ish
I phoned today asking about interviews and offers and kinda lost a lot of faith in getting into st Georges London uni for medicine which is my dream.
They said they gave 700 interviews which idm, but they said they gave 140 offers which is ridiculous but may be true.
Just wanted to confirm with someone who knows of this matter

On a freedom of information request, it says 426 offers were made in 2019 cycle for A100. I dont know who or what to believe.
Please let me know
thanks

there is no university that has an interview to offer ratio that low, usually its around 50 percent with the exception of cambridge cuz they give 90 percent of the applicants interviews
Original post by Krunker482
there is no university that has an interview to offer ratio that low, usually its around 50 percent with the exception of cambridge cuz they give 90 percent of the applicants interviews

That's what I thought and yeah a common turned is to give half ppl who were invited to interview offers.
Reply 64
when I emailed them they said 20% of interview invites were given offers last year (so I am guessing 140 offers may be true)
Original post by wyann
when I emailed them they said 20% of interview invites were given offers last year (so I am guessing 140 offers may be true)

It can't be true. They have 175 places for Home/EU students.
Also on the whatdotheyknow freddom of information request, it says last year 426 offers were given
in 2018- 409
2017-301

Heres the link

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/560737/response/1338045/attach/2/FOI2018%20229.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
They could be Idk talking about just international or EU students 🤷
They could be Idk talking about just international or EU students 🤷

It says home/EU 426 offers for 2019

Home/EU we 426 and international was 48

Imagine going into an interview where the odds are so low. I feel like I've already failed lol. Never heard of odds so low.
Could someone ask how many places they have for home/ EU students?
(edited 4 years ago)
It says home/EU 426 offers for 2019

Home/EU we 426 and international was 48

Imagine going into an interview where the odds are so low. I feel like I've already failed lol. Never heard of odds so low.
Could someone ask how many places they have for home/ EU students?

Take a look at the screen shot, it says that there 270 places so it won't make sense at all.
Take a look at the screen shot, it says that there 270 places so it won't make sense at all.

Trsuy me, who do I believe
Im sticking to the freedom of information request but 140/700 is just way to low. There are probs more places than 140 yk. Fml
Trsuy me, who do I believe
Im sticking to the freedom of information request but 140/700 is just way to low. There are probs more places than 140 yk. Fml

Yh I hope its not 140 cuz then st george won't really be a safe option, what about the waiting list and stuff. St George is confusing, they need to make up their mind 😂
hey guys, do we submit the work experience earlier? or do we do it when we get invited to the interview?
Original post by THEallstar2111
hey guys, do we submit the work experience earlier? or do we do it when we get invited to the interview?

I’m guessing if they invite you to interview they’ll give you a form to fill in with relevant experience
Original post by THEallstar2111

As far as I know you either bring all the letters showing proof of work experience on the interview or submit it to a portal which they will make for you
@St George's University of London
Please can anyone confirm how many seats are for the A100 course as there is so much conflicting information on the forum

I found some information for Table of Competition Ratios for A100 Undergraduate Entry but its 2015 and prior ( old information )

Is it possible to get data for 2016,2017 and 2018

Applications Received for A100
Number of Seats for A100
Number of Candidates Interviewed
Number of Offers Made

Thanks in advance
Reply 75
Original post by helpintransfer
Please can anyone confirm how many seats are for the A100 course as there is so much conflicting information on the forum

I found some information for Table of Competition Ratios for A100 Undergraduate Entry but its 2015 and prior ( old information )

Number of Seats for A100
Number of Offers Made

Thanks in advance

SGUL have been allocated 279 places for 2019-20, of which 260 are Home and 19 International. This is a simple Google search. I suspect you will need to put a FOI request in to SGUL if you want the answer to these questions, as the Rep on here is not going to know
Original post by helpintransfer

Number of Seats for A100
Number of Offers Made

Thanks in advance

Heres 2017 2018 and 2019
Not exactly what you asked for but all i could find.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/560737/response/1338045/attach/2/FOI2018%20229.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

I would like to say that there is conflicting information on the link. I think it's 279 places for 2019-2020 as GANFYD stated.
(edited 4 years ago)

Is it fair to assume that the numbers of offers made in these tables include the ones that were done via clearing? I believe SGUL went into clearing last year and possibly the year before as well!

Thanks!
Original post by f1_carzy
Is it fair to assume that the numbers of offers made in these tables include the ones that were done via clearing? I believe SGUL went into clearing last year and possibly the year before as well!

Thanks!

Even with clearing, the number of offers was 400+ last year. Thats not the point though. During clearing, they probably gave about 1-20 offers, not over 100. So initially in the application before clearing, around 390+ offers were given out (last year).

SGUL has been in clearing for 3 years also
It may be fair to assume that the statistics include people who were in clearing, however im not sure about that.

Latest

Trending

Trending