The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deliriouss
Hi all, just to let everyone know you are not disadvantaged if you're predicted/achieved are too high. I don't know who made this up. You just have to meet the academic requirements, achieved or predicted - ABB.

They told me they accept retakes but people who've already achieved ABB or higher will be favoured for interview selection.

Last thing I was told is that 50% of the weighting for interview selection is UCAT! I'm guessing the other 50% are GCSE's and A levels. Does anyone know if they score the personal statement?

Please can we stop spreading information that we don't know on this thread, if you're going to state something tell us how you find out otherwise it's just increasing uncertainty.

Thank you, good luck everyone

This makes me feel so much better. A lot of people have told me that since my stats are fine for the 5 year course, they will reject me. Either way I've applied to both a100 and a101, let's see how it goes
Hi all, just to let everyone know you are not disadvantaged if you're predicted/achieved are too high. I don't know who made this up. You just have to meet the academic requirements, achieved or predicted - ABB.

They told me they accept retakes but people who've already achieved ABB or higher will be favoured for interview selection.

Last thing I was told is that 50% of the weighting for interview selection is UCAT! I'm guessing the other 50% are GCSE's and A levels. Does anyone know if they score the personal statement?

Please can we stop spreading information that we don't know on this thread, if you're going to state something tell us how you find out otherwise it's just increasing uncertainty.

thank you so much!! i wasnt getting really annoyed eith people that kept saying predicted grades will put you at disadvantage. i swesr they make things up so you dont apply.

I was told on the open day by the admissions team that if your predicted grades are high as well as academic achievement and UCAT score, that they MAY question you on why you've applied to the foundation score and not the A100. However, saying that many people have got in with A*AA in previous years.
Original post by auha54321
I was told on the open day by the admissions team that if your predicted grades are high as well as academic achievement and UCAT score, that they MAY question you on why you've applied to the foundation score and not the A100. However, saying that many people have got in with A*AA in previous years.

That's fair enough, but they would only ask you if your predicted grades are extremely high, not if your UCAT/other academic achievement is too high because that doesn't mean you could apply to the A100 course
That's fair enough, but they would only ask you if your predicted grades are extremely high, not if your UCAT/other academic achievement is too high because that doesn't mean you could apply to the A100 course

If you have amazing stats in everything, you can apply for the A100 course! But lets say you're predicted grades are A*A*A*, but you got 6/5's at GCSE and a avg of 500 in the ucat. That's when you'd apply for the foundation course. In my opinion i think you should go for the normal A100 course if ALL your stats are amazing as what's the point of doing a foundation year and having an extra £20,000+ in debt.
If you have amazing stats in everything, you can apply for the A100 course! But lets say you're predicted grades are A*A*A*, but you got 6/5's at GCSE and a avg of 500 in the ucat. That's when you'd apply for the foundation course. In my opinion i think you should go for the normal A100 course if ALL your stats are amazing as what's the point of doing a foundation year and having an extra £20,000+ in debt.

I agree with your point.

Yeah I agree with you, that could be someone's reason for applying for foundation med. But as I said before, that example you just used doesn't mean they would be disadvantaged by applying with predicted A*'s - idk why people before were coming up with stuff on here
Yeah I agree with you, that could be someone's reason for applying for foundation med. But as I said before, that example you just used doesn't mean they would be disadvantaged by applying with predicted A*'s - idk why people before were coming up with stuff on here

totally agree with both of these points. they are literally just scaremongering on this thread which annoyed me. To be honest I have an above average ucat (645 band 2) its not enough for kings a100, so my school is pretty crap. I want to be prepared with the learning thats why i was like the foundation year will help me so much, my school is low achievinng for a levels and i feel unprepared for it really. Thats my reason aswell, i dont want to be thrown in uni and be expected to know everything but my school didnt prepare me well.
Anyways, people need to stop stressing. If you haven't applied, well it's too late and if you've already applied there's not much you can do, It's in the hands of the admissions tutors now! Good luck to everyone that's applied.....

Also does anyone know when we will start to get interview invitations ??
Anyways, people need to stop stressing. If you haven't applied, well it's too late and if you've already applied there's not much you can do, It's in the hands of the admissions tutors now! Good luck to everyone that's applied.....

Also does anyone know when we will start to get interview invitations ??

From what I've read interviews could be anytime between November and May, so November would be when they first begin to start inviting people
hey guys, has anyone been asked anything about work experience from them? I haven't either, im just checking just in case ive missed anything.
Original post by THEallstar2111
hey guys, has anyone been asked anything about work experience from them? I haven't either, im just checking just in case ive missed anything.

No haven't being asked yet and I dont think they ll ask either
Original post by Mohammad Eisa

I just called Kings and they said that they haven't yet started to look at our applications for EMDP.

oh alright thanks for the reply
I think they’re probably going to start looking at A100 applications first, then A101. It just seems to make more sense that way
Original post by Zain5633
I applied on the 14th I also applied to Bristol, Nottingham and Leicester. wbu

Applied to Kings, Nottingham and Aston (my absolute last resort). Ideally, would love to be taken in by Kings!
Guys does anyone know how many places are available this year? Is it still 77 places or did they increase the number again? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Diamondo097
Guys does anyone know how many places are available this year? Is it still 77 places or did they increase the number again? Thanks :smile:

it's 77 for this year entry. they were 50 places but they increased into 77.
it's 77 for this year entry. they were 50 places but they increased into 77.

Thank you!
I just called Kings and they said that they haven't yet started to look at our applications for EMDP.

What number did you call? I’ve been meaning to get into contact with them too

Latest

Trending

Trending