The Student Room Group

ISIS leader reportedly dead.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxlaila03xx
oof i have been lied to
regardless he wasn't Iraqi so it doesn't make sense?

He was just hiding in Pakistan because they are so deeply corrupt that he could get away with it.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
He was just hiding in Pakistan because they are so deeply corrupt that he could get away with it.

That's a bit rude some Pakistanis are great people
That's a bit rude some Pakistanis are great people

How else would you explain the World's Most Wanted Terrorist living in a fortified safe house with armed guards just down the road from the National Military Academy?
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
How else would you explain the World's Most Wanted Terrorist living in a fortified safe house with armed guards just down the road from the National Military Academy?

You could say that about most of the Middle East too.
You can't blame the people for the actions of their corrupt leaders
You could say that about most of the Middle East too.
You can't blame the people for the actions of their corrupt leaders

I didn't blame the the people, I blamed Pakistan.
oof i have been lied to
regardless he wasn't Iraqi so it doesn't make sense?

Iraq weren't responsible for 9/11, but 9/11 was an instigating factor in the second Iraq war, that is the distinction to make. Why America chose to attack a party not involved plenty can speculate on (oil, a need to look strong by retaliating while not wanting to attack Saudi Arabia etc.) but 9/11 was an instigator for the Iraq war which destabilised the region and left the power vacuum that Al-Baghdadi tried to fill.
Original post by slider2000
It this supposed to be a joke, Pakistanis are mostly religious bigots and terrorists supporters

It's not very epic to generalise.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Iraq weren't responsible for 9/11, but 9/11 was an instigating factor in the second Iraq war, that is the distinction to make. Why America chose to attack a party not involved plenty can speculate on (oil, a need to look strong by retaliating while not wanting to attack Saudi Arabia etc.) but 9/11 was an instigator for the Iraq war which destabilised the region and left the power vacuum that Al-Baghdadi tried to fill.

yeah igy
it's just that attacking Iraq was completely unnecessary
Reply 88
Jeremy Vine and probably the entire crew at the Beeb are very concerned about Trump's language, he bothers them terribly with it. They say things like 'it's not helpful' and other equally vacuous stuff, in their obsession with him. Nobody else cares.
[w]hoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.”
5:32

Rather than quoting out of context and cherry-picking the supposed nice bits why don't you simply tell us what verse 5:33 and what follows it says and set the whole passage in context with what went before?
It's not very epic to generalise.

It's the truth and deep down you know it is.
It's the truth and deep down you know it is.

You can never generalise an entire race. That's never acceptable.
You really need to fix this corrupt mindset you have
Original post by Good bloke
Rather than quoting out of context and cherry-picking the supposed nice bits why don't you simply tell us what verse 5:33 and what follows it says and set the whole passage in context with what went before?

These lines were sent down by Allah at the time of Banee Israel (idk what they're called in English sorry) when a few of them came to Madinah to eat and ended up robbing and killing a shepherd. Allah sent down this line to advise the Muslims during the time of Banee Israel on how to deal with mischievous people like these. That line no longer apply to us Muslims now as we don't have to deal with the people of Banee Israel anymore. However the line I quoted is still applicable so it is relevant.
Imagine if you lived in a town where people were consistently robbing you and your neighbours (in a time where there was no law enforcement). This line saying to cut off the hand of a robber would have been useful (back then don't take this the wrong way) as no one would dare rob again if they saw someone else had been punished severely for it. This would apply to this particular period however as we no have law enforcement and legislation that deals with this sort of people.
I did not cherry-pick the 'supposed nice bits'. They are the nice bits. The whole Quran is.
You can never generalise an entire race. That's never acceptable.
You really need to fix this corrupt mindset you have

It is acceptable, especially when it comes to Pakistanis and can easily be supported by evidence.
It is acceptable, especially when it comes to Pakistanis and can easily be supported by evidence.

May i ask where you're from?
And what evidence. How can what you're saying be true if not every Pakistani is a Muslim
I did not cherry-pick the 'supposed nice bits'. They are the nice bits. The whole Quran is.

:facepalm2:

Why did you open that can of worms?
These lines were sent down by Allah at the time of Banee Israel (idk what they're called in English sorry) when a few of them came to Madinah to eat and ended up robbing and killing a shepherd. Allah sent down this line to advise the Muslims during the time of Banee Israel on how to deal with mischievous people like these. That line no longer apply to us Muslims now as we don't have to deal with the people of Banee Israel anymore. However the line I quoted is still applicable so it is relevant.
Imagine if you lived in a town where people were consistently robbing you and your neighbours (in a time where there was no law enforcement). This line saying to cut off the hand of a robber would have been useful (back then don't take this the wrong way) as no one would dare rob again if they saw someone else had been punished severely for it. This would apply to this particular period however as we no have law enforcement and legislation that deals with this sort of people.

I suggest you re-read verses 3:29-38 and try again. I love the chutzpah of your claim that it doesn't apply any more but it does really. I also note your attitude that a barbaric punishment is included among the nice bits; it gives the rest of us an inkling of your attitude.
i'm ethnically indian and we know more then any else what a bunch of religious bigots and terrorist supporters you lot are.

I'm not Pakistani?
I'm Syrian.
Original post by Good bloke
I suggest you re-read verses 3:29-38 and try again. I love the chutzpah of your claim that it doesn't apply any more but it does really. I also note your attitude that a barbaric punishment is included among the nice bits; it gives the rest of us an inkling of your attitude.

Care to elaborate?
I've read the Quran thank you very much, never have been needed to translate it for someone so I apologise.
Care to elaborate?
I've read the Quran thank you very much, never have been needed to translate it for someone so I apologise.

I simply asked you to re-read that passage in its entirety so that your response can have some bearing on what it says in full.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending