The Student Room Group

Who of the last 3 prime ministers was the worst?

Poll

Who was worst prime minister out of the last 3?

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Definitely Theresa May. :angry:
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst

David Cameron was the one who ****ed this whole thing up in the first place.
Reply 3
:beard:
Boris
Original post by Suchomimus

Cameron got at least three things right.
Theresa May couldn't even manage one.
Reply 6
Cameron got at least three things right.
Theresa May couldn't even manage one.

True :laugh:
Reply 7
Original post by ساره
Boris

I agree.

Send him back from where he came from! :laugh:
The dictator Boris Johnson!
Reply 9
Original post by Suchomimus

The people voted for Brexit, not Cameron. All he did was consult the electorate, which was admirable and perfectly democratic in my opinion.
Definitely May. Not only as a human did I find her a bit less exciting as the other two, she didn't exactly have a fun time regarding Brexit. Shame really, waiting all her life to become PM and it's bloody Europe that ruins her chance!

Yep another vote for the maybot
May.

Boris term isn't over yet, and a lot of it will come down to the coming election. If he regains a tory majority, then all the events of the last few months will be remembered as brilliant game-playing by him and his team... if he looses or remains without a majority, all his tricks and games will look cheap and childish at best. If he looses he will certainly go down as the worst PM that I have lived through. But if he wins, the book is still open, and hes already ahead of may, whose biggest achievement was to not-loose an election to Corbyn.

So that leaves it out of May and Cameron.

Cameron for the most part was ok.. he was a PR primeinister which annoyed me, but he steered the country reasonably competantly through a difficult time. For every policy I like of his, there is another I disagree with, but nothing to major happened. Whether you hate him or not really depends on whether you think the nation needed austerity. Obviously he ****ed up badly at the end with his refernedum, but he can still look back and say that he got most of what he wanted done, and did make some real change.

May on the other hand had one job and failed at it. I can't think of anything positive to say. She cocked up an election badly, and then cocked up Brexit even worse. She showed no competancy as a leader throughout her time, and I think the fact that she was the leader for such a short time, and has been followed by Boris and his antics, is the only saving grace for her.. that she may easily be forgotten.
Original post by Pencil
The people voted for Brexit, not Cameron. All he did was consult the electorate, which was admirable and perfectly democratic in my opinion.

To be fair to you, it was Boris who went about spreading the Brexit lies, not Cameron.
They're all worse than each other
This country's ****ed
Original post by xxlaila03xx
They're all worse than each other
This country's ****ed

Good call. :laugh:
Oh geez, I think I may have started WW3.

Spoiler

Reply 18
Here's my analysis of the 3 with a +/- beside each point depending on whether the point is a good or bad thing:

Boris Johnson:
*Wants to "get Brexit done" do-or-die (-)
*Suspended parliament to try and force through Brexit (-)
*Lashed out at Labour in parliament (-)
*Put hardliners such as Priti Patel and Jacob Rees-Mogg into his cabinet (-)
*Has a clown like appearance and persona (- for a PM)

Theresa May:
*Britain's first female prime minister in 26 years (+)
*Seemed determined to deliver some form of Brexit (-)
*Was against a second referendum (-)
*Made the Tories significantly less attractive to young voters (-)
*Supported tightening hunting and animal welfare laws (+)

David Cameron:
*Entered coalition with the Lib-Dems for his first term (+, unless you take into account that it effectively killed the Lib-Dem vote for about 3 years afterwards)
*Tried to reduce red tape (mostly +)
*Called the referendum (-)
*Attempted to restore some of the civil liberties taken away by New Labour (+, though his party has become increasingly authoritarian under May and Johnson)
*Legalised same-sex marriage (+)

So of these 3, Cameron would probably have been the best, with Johnson being the worst.
Unfair poll, as they served for vastly different lengths of time.
They're all terrible, but Johnson hasn't been in long enough to say he's as bad as Cameron or May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending