The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Durham history
Anyone heard from Sunderland or Teesside?
Offer from Durham for Modern Languages
Reply 963
offer for human sciences at UCL!!!
I just got a reduced (non-contextual, just reduced for some reason) offer from Durham for CompSci for AAA AND a contextual offer of AAB if I firm them
I got an offer for chemistry from Sheffield~
Offer from Durham to do Earth Sciences ~~~
Got into Durham law! AAA
Reply 968
i got an offer nottingham for computer science with year in industry
just got an offer for sociology form Manchester ABB
Offer form Cardiff for theology and religion BBC
Original post by honestlykms
Got into Durham law! AAA

same! i wonder why they're reducing the grades for so many of us?
maybe its to do with application strength. maybe its because they want more people to accept them. I know their intake is expanding this year because of the new college so maybe that's why. I think i'll just take the self-esteem boost and stop thinking about it lmao.
i got university of York MBiochem (Hons) in Biochemistry (4 years), last week
Reply 973
I’ve got an interview for Law at York - does that count?
Original post by Tomog02
Offer from Durham for Modern Languages

Which language(s)?
Original post by king axolotl
same! i wonder why they're reducing the grades for so many of us?
maybe its to do with application strength. maybe its because they want more people to accept them. I know their intake is expanding this year because of the new college so maybe that's why. I think i'll just take the self-esteem boost and stop thinking about it lmao.

Omg, please post to Law offers 2020! And I'm taking the self esteem boost too! Nottingham have been doing the same (I was offered AAB) so I doubt that's the reason.

Also CONGRATULATIONS! I'm excited to see another Durham applicant. Did you get assigned a college?
my friend has offers from reading nottingham and loughborough for politics with international relations
here are some to add: A friend of mine has already got her offer from Durham for archaeological science. Another friend has gotten an offer from UCL for history. Another friend has gotten offers for computer science from York, Lancaster and Bournemouth.
Original post by honestlykms
Omg, please post to Law offers 2020! And I'm taking the self esteem boost too! Nottingham have been doing the same (I was offered AAB) so I doubt that's the reason.

Also CONGRATULATIONS! I'm excited to see another Durham applicant. Did you get assigned a college?

I have a theory that Nottingham are giving AAA offers to people with 3 A* predictions and AAB to people with A*A*A or less. So far it has applied to those I know with offers. (Of course there will also be contextual offers which are lower.)
Original post by Lawnut
I have a theory that Nottingham are giving AAA offers to people with 3 A* predictions and AAB to people with A*A*A or less. So far it has applied to those I know with offers. (Of course there will also be contextual offers which are lower.)

One of my friends has 4A* predictions and has AAB offer for Law at Notts(not contextual) so might be true but maybe also exceptions for highly exceptional candidates

Latest

Trending

Trending