The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also what your school did was very underhanded too, as schools should not be covering up how an individual performed in any of their qualifications as some medical schools do look down on resits and sometimes will immediately reject applicants who have resat any of their GCSE's, e.g. Dundee.
Original post by Mckailer
Its actually stated on UCAS that you have to declare all of your qualifications, as it's dishonest to say you achieved a grade that you didn't on the first sit.

For retakes it would state ''November'' anyway and therefore its quite obvious its a retake. Unis could ask for further info
Reply 42
Yeah thats what I thought
Original post by cherry1011
For retakes it would state ''November'' anyway and therefore its quite obvious its a retake. Unis could ask for further info

That's a good point but not true for all retakes. For example, I have retaken my maths over a span of two years. So the first year I took maths - alongside other GCSE's - I failed it, therefore I chose to retake the following year alongside more GCSE's. As a result, if I had not declared my initial first sitting the universities would have had no idea I was retaking, as they would have assumed that I took my GCSE's over the span of two years, therefore it would have been dishonest of me.

However, it still does not change the fact that you are supposed to declare ALL of your qualifications. Including the ones you have failed, resat or have gotten a bad grade in.
Reply 44
well, no one in my school does that neither have old applicants from my school have and I know plenty from other schools who have done the same
Original post by z2002
well, no one in my school does that neither have old applicants from my school have and I know plenty from other schools who have done the same

Haven't done what?
Reply 46
Put resits down, they’ve just put their highest grade
Original post by z2002
Put resits down, they’ve just put their highest grade

Fair enough. Let's just leave it at both our schools being different in how they approach UCAS forms.
That's a good point but not true for all retakes. For example, I have retaken my maths over a span of two years. So the first year I took maths - alongside other GCSE's - I failed it, therefore I chose to retake the following year alongside more GCSE's. As a result, if I had not declared my initial first sitting the universities would have had no idea I was retaking, as they would have assumed that I took my GCSE's over the span of two years, therefore it would have been dishonest of me.

However, it still does not change the fact that you are supposed to declare ALL of your qualifications. Including the ones you have failed, resat or have gotten a bad grade in.

That does make sense in some circumstances but at the same time for a person who's retaken in the same year, just November (of the GCSE sitting for their year) should be fine. The persons application has been sent off and there's nothing he/she can do about declaring it, if unis want it they can ask.
Reply 49
Did anyone receive an email from plymouth earlier?
Yep just seen it now. Has anyone receive confirmation of any received evidence for criteria if you sent some via email? As I sent mine in 10 days after applying as I was expecting a form, like all the other uni's, so don't know if it's worth calling them.
Yep just seen it now. Has anyone receive confirmation of any received evidence for criteria if you sent some via email? As I sent mine in 10 days after applying as I was expecting a form, like all the other uni's, so don't know if it's worth calling them.

Hey yeah I received just a reply from them a few days after sending it off
Hey yeah I received just a reply from them a few days after sending it off

Ok thanks, I'll have to call them up soon then, I'd hate to be rejected on the basis of late evidence.
Reply 53
I haven’t been sent a form requiring evidence and i’m a bit worried
Original post by z2002
I haven’t been sent a form requiring evidence and i’m a bit worried

So you won't be sent out a form, instead, you have to email them evidence that you meet their non-academic criteria. If you take a look at their entry requirement section it has an email address and states the criteria that you have to send evidence for.
Reply 55
What about being a care leaver, how is that evidenced by a school letter ?
Original post by z2002
What about being a care leaver, how is that evidenced by a school letter ?

I think your school just have to write a letter that confirms that you are a care leaver.
Reply 57
Ohh i see, I emailed them asking what sort of evidence I can confirm hopefully they’ll reply quick
anyone not sent off their eligibility criteria yet???
Ask your school to provide you with a letter to prove you receive bursary or free school meals, scan it and send to them. They decide who to call for an interview based on the contextual indicators, how many do you meet?

hi, should I email my UCAT bursary entitlement? also I meet only 3 of those entry requirements, Does it mean I won't receive an interview? thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending