The Student Room Group

Parliament graduate Scheme

Has anyone applied for the Parliament Graduate Scheme? Was wondering what the questions for the video interview are like?
Reply 1
Original post by mekong
Has anyone applied for the Parliament Graduate Scheme? Was wondering what the questions for the video interview are like?

I just applied and have got the video interview next - deadline is on the 26th of October for me.
Original post by Brandimo
I just applied and have got the video interview next - deadline is on the 26th of October for me.

Sorry to sound cheeky but how did it go? I've got my deadline this week also :smile:
I've got my video interview this week as well. Did it go well for you guys?
Original post by Sebster12
I've got my video interview this week as well. Did I it go well for you guys?

I was told to rerecord mine in an email so I guess mine can't have gone too well haha, hope yours goes better!
Reply 5
Original post by thepurplerain
Sorry to sound cheeky but how did it go? I've got my deadline this week also :smile:

Sorry for the slow reply broski - very rarely go on TSR.

It was alright - I bottled one of the questions pretty badly but I still managed to get into the next stage (short-listing for the assessment day).

I thought the questions weren't a great way to demonstrate competencies or experience, but I guess they have tailored them to get what they are looking for.

How did you get on?
Original post by Brandimo
Sorry for the slow reply broski - very rarely go on TSR.

It was alright - I bottled one of the questions pretty badly but I still managed to get into the next stage (short-listing for the assessment day).

I thought the questions weren't a great way to demonstrate competencies or experience, but I guess they have tailored them to get what they are looking for.

How did you get on?

Ah no worries - congrats on progressing to the next stage!
I had to rerecord mine for some reason so I don't think that bodes well but we'll see. I agree I don't think the questions were the best way to assess us but guess that's what they wanted anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by thepurplerain
Ah no worries - congrats on progressing to the next stage!
I had to rerecord mine for some reason so I don't think that bodes well but we'll see. I agree I don't think the questions were the best way to assess us but guess that's what they wanted anyway.

what were the questions, if you don't mind sharing?
Reply 8
How long did people have to wait to hear back after the video interview? I thought it said on the website you’ll always hear back within 7 working days but I did my interview on November 10th and haven’t heard anything .
Reply 9
What questions did they ask, if you don't mind sharing?

Quick Reply

Latest