The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by myra17
So you know whats keele cut off for ucat ? For instance last year it was 2280. However on their site, it says they don’t interview candidates who fall within first two decile. Does that mean candidates who fall between second and third decile have a chance say those who go 2380 or not ?

It’s people in the bottom two deciles. So that means bottom 20%. If you’re in the 21%, so the 1% above the 20%, you’re fine.
Reply 81
Original post by Elissamoor123
hi, I just had a quick query, in the second question of the r+r form I have mentioned my role as a chair member of a committee in my school do I need to provide reference contacts for that because I have already filled up the contacts spaces with my voluntary works and paid jobs?

It would be best to mention only roles that you have mentioned since the guidance effectively says you’re expanding on the experiences you’ve mentioned. Otherwise the roles listed are literally just that, empty roles.
Reply 82
Original post by Sh_A
It’s people in the bottom two deciles. So that means bottom 20%. If you’re in the 21%, so the 1% above the 20%, you’re fine.

Thank You. One more question! Do you know how much roles and responsibilities form has emphasis on getting an interview? I emailed Keele staff about whether bmat should be done or ucat. They told me if you did ucat you can fill roles and responsibilities form (btw I am international)!
does anyone know if you're meant to talk about school in question 3?? or what other things have people talked about for that question??
Reply 84
Original post by hollyannebird
does anyone know if you're meant to talk about school in question 3?? or what other things have people talked about for that question??

If you can show how you helped someone at school and what it taught it should be fine. For instance I used hospital experience where I discussed how I manage to calm a patient while she was extremely distress and how it taught me importance of empathy in Health care and so forth!
Original post by hollyannebird

Hello there! I have had a look at the roles and responsibilities form and since question 3 says " please provide details of any responsibility you have taken on, either in the workplace, while volunteering or at school/college/university," it looks like it focuses specifically on what you did at school or the work place whereas question 4 seems to focus on other everyday situations. There are also a few guidance notes on filling the roles and responsibilities form on the Keele website. I am not sure if you have seen it so I'll attach the link here. It does not talk about the questions specifically but it might help you if have got more doubts!

Roles and responsibilities form: guidance notes https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/k-web/k-schools/medicine/admissions/roles-and-responsibilities-form-applicant-guidance-notes.pdf

Hope this helps in some way! If you have got any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Guys did anyone get an email regarding the deadline for the form being changed to Monday the 4th of November. is this actually true or is it just a hoax.... as I was going to send my form today but then I just got this email.
Original post by Elissamoor123
Guys did anyone get an email regarding the deadline for the form being changed to Monday the 4th of November. is this actually true or is it just a hoax.... as I was going to send my form today but then I just got this email.

Yep, I also received that email. It's actually blessed news for me as I was going to cram it tonight haha
Original post by ahmad.ali.02
Yep, I also received that email. It's actually blessed news for me as I was going to cram it tonight haha

Yeet bro, same!
Is this news about the Nov 4th extension for the R and R form trustworthy?
Original post by anonymous_mouse7

Obviously! It's from the university itself.
Original post by Dida Lika
Obviously! It's from the university itself.

ha thanks. just stressing coz i haven't started it due to bmat
ha thanks. just stressing coz i haven't started it due to bmat

Don't worry dude, I'm not sending it in tomorrow either! Good Luck with the BMAT, ace it! :smile:
Reply 93

Yes, I recieved email as well!
Ahhh sent of my R and R form! UCAT results sent today too. Wonder how long they take to get back?
Reply 95
Can't wait for the rejection from Keele xoxoxoxoxo
Reply 96
Original post by Niki110502
Can't wait for the rejection from Keele xoxoxoxoxo

I am scared. Does anyone know whats the cutoff score for ukcat ?
Original post by myra17
I am scared. Does anyone know whats the cutoff score for ukcat ?

It says 2280 on the website for 2020 entry so that's 570 average so as long as your above that it should be fine and no band 4 obviously. 😊
Reply 98
Original post by 13thomasal
It says 2280 on the website for 2020 entry so that's 570 average so as long as your above that it should be fine and no band 4 obviously. 😊

Thank God I am above that (2360). Its not great score though I am sure there are applicants with competitive score than mine 😩
Original post by myra17
Thank God I am above that (2360). Its not great score though I am sure there are applicants with competitive score than mine 😩

Even if you get 2281 it's fine as long as you meet that cut off and then after that they only use ucat in borderline cases so you won't be at a huge disadvantage tbh believe in yourself and dont compare yourself to others we're all unique in our own way😊😊😁👍

Latest

Trending

Trending