The Student Room Group

ENGAA Prep Thread 2019 (for 2020 Admissions)

Scroll to see replies

I agree section 1 was so much harder than last papers
Reply 81
Original post by david the dude

So what do you guess you'll get in section 1 ?
Not sure. How many applicants are interviewed?
Reply 83
Not sure. How many applicants are interviewed?

4 in 5
Reply 84
How would we get our marks back?
And when?
Reply 86

yup, didn't finish section 1, section 2 was ok
Reply 87
have people not done it yet, is that why we can't discuss?
Reply 88
Original post by .Joel.
How would we get our marks back?

So it turns out that Cambridge does automatically publish results for the ENGAA according to their website: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/results/
Reply 89
Original post by samsz3
have people not done it yet, is that why we can't discuss?

Yup , and no the tsr policy is not to discuss any answers to an exam , and still people in the Americas didn't do it
To be honest it went so bad for me... I had to guess half of the questions in section two because I was running out of stamina lol. Section 1 was not ideal either. The specimen paper was wayyyyyy easier
Reply 91
Original post by OMGIHateMyLife
To be honest it went so bad for me... I had to guess half of the questions in section two because I was running out of stamina lol. Section 1 was not ideal either. The specimen paper was wayyyyyy easier

Yeah same here
I am quite worried now as the normal boundary to get an interview is 60%? I guess. I dont think I will make it:tongue:
Reply 93
I am quite worried now as the normal boundary to get an interview is 60%? I guess. I dont think I will make it:tongue:

There's no such thing as normal boundary. Very few achieve above 60 % I suppose . It's only one part of the assessment criteria, they would still look at AS and UMS grades and predicted a levels
How did everyone find it?
Original post by lol lolstudent
how did everyone find it?

very bad
very bad

Original post by Lol Lolstudent
How did everyone find it?

Section 1A came very much manageable, 1B was a big horror show with many unattempted questions due to time constraint. Section 2 was so-so with 4-5 very hard questions(math derivations are pretty complex)

In summary ---- horrifying first hour with some consolation redeemed on the second half. Much harder than previous papers or the specimen, Cambridge might need to curve the results REAL HARD
The specimen papers were waaaay easier. I think Section 2 was actually easier than Section 1, and of course I had to make lot of educated guesses too, due to the time constraint.
It was really tough
Does anyone know approximately when they send off invitation for interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending