The Student Room Group

Predicted 5A* - AMA!

I am doing maths, further maths, economics, physics, and EPQ. Just wanted to start this to see if I could help any year 12s with revision technique like others helped me so yeah ask away!

Scroll to see replies

No one cares about predicted grades
Reply 2
Original post by ethancruise15
No one cares about predicted grades

Except y12s wanting uni offers?
Reply 3
hey how do you revise for maths, further maths and economics?
Reply 4
Also which revision guide do you use for economics?
Original post by Varss
I am doing maths, further maths, economics, physics, and EPQ. Just wanted to start this to see if I could help any year 12s with revision technique like others helped me so yeah ask away!

Do you actually think you’ll achieve them?
How is revision technique relevant for grades you have not yet achieved? Surely revision is more relevant for actually fulfilling your predictions?
Reply 7
Original post by neha6780
Also which revision guide do you use for economics?

For maths the best thing for me was past papers and practice papers online, at one point I was doing 7 a day and so every single question in my predictor paper I had seen before but with different numbers. Economics was a bit harder, I use the CGP for general knowledge of topics but the econplusdal revision books for essay content.
Reply 8
Original post by OctoberRain7
How is revision technique relevant for grades you have not yet achieved? Surely revision is more relevant for actually fulfilling your predictions?

sure, once you have offers. Not saying predictors are more important overall, for the application process it is a huge factor
Reply 9
Original post by 5hyl33n
You are PREDICTED 5 A*s...

you can read
Reply 10
Original post by DGeorge13
Do you actually think you’ll achieve them?

I'm confident with Maths and Further Maths, Econ is maybe like 60% confidence and doubt I will achieve Physics
Reply 11
Original post by Varss

Well hello, you're doing exactly the same subjects as me so I could really do with this thread. What are your revision resources? What exam boards are you with? How do you manage the EPQ? Thank you for making this thread :smile:

I'm probably weakest in Physics (I want to do Economics at university but I'm also quite strong in Maths, I got the best in my year in GCSE).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by 5hyl33n
Mmmhmm I got an A* in English at GCSE :smile:

2 9s here, literate gang
Where do you want to go for uni and what do you want to study?
Reply 14
Original post by Zoqua
Well hello, you're doing exactly the same subjects as me so I could really do with this thread. What are your revision resources? What exam boards are you with? How do you manage the EPQ? Thank you for making this thread :smile:

No problem!
I'll list it out as Subject-Board-Resources

Maths-Edexcel-Past Papers, Zigzag papers, CRASH Maths, Physics and Maths tutor questions
FurtherM-Edexcel-Same as above
Economics-OCR-CGP Guide, Econplusdal analysis and evaluation packs(highly recommend, PM me), past papers
Physics-OCR B (hate the course)-honestly the CGP guide is amazing and of course past papers for practice
EPQ is all about documenting how you manage your time and any changes in approach you have along the way so just keep a small diary to note things down that you can mention so you dont forget!
Reply 15
Original post by rosacherry
Where do you want to go for uni and what do you want to study?

Hoping to study Economics, applied to Cambridge (that's the dream haha) but hopefully one of cambridge, lse, warwick
Reply 16
Original post by Varss
Hoping to study Economics, applied to Cambridge (that's the dream haha) but hopefully one of cambridge, lse, warwick

Very same! Thanks for the help above, your exam boards are a bit different but I will make sure to check out the Econplusdahl resource pack, and follow general advice, thanks a lot :smile:. Good luck.
Reply 17
Original post by Zoqua
Very same! Thanks for the help above, your exam boards are a bit different but I will make sure to check out the Econplusdahl resource pack, and follow general advice, thanks a lot :smile:. Good luck.

you're welcome and thank you!
Any tips for physics (Mechanics especially T_T)?
Reply 19
Original post by Notwisenough
Any tips for physics (Mechanics especially T_T)?

mechanics as in the stuff that overlaps with a-level maths? honestly practice as many questions as you can after learning the theory from your textbook or CGP guide, that always works for me

Quick Reply

Latest