The Student Room Group

Confused please help

Is electrolysis year 11 or 12
Original post by NANOFORCES13
Is electrolysis year 11 or 12

Both usually, year 11 won’t be as in depth compared to a level standard clearly.
Original post by Hazzabear
Both usually, year 11 won’t be as in depth compared to a level standard clearly.

thanks its mainly because I've got a repeat in higher tier for both chemistry and physics and I only have seen one question related to electrolysis which threw me off my game big time. Do you have any idea in what I need to know?
thanks its mainly because I've got a repeat in higher tier for both chemistry and physics and I only have seen one question related to electrolysis which threw me off my game big time. Do you have any idea in what I need to know?

A repeat?
A repeat?

yeah where I am from we did a set of gcse in year 11 and if you didn't pass you had to repeat where if you did pass you where allowed a choice if you wanted to repeat in higher tier or you could just keep your grade so I decided to repeat them to enhance my grades
yeah where I am from we did a set of gcse in year 11 and if you didn't pass you had to repeat where if you did pass you where allowed a choice if you wanted to repeat in higher tier or you could just keep your grade so I decided to repeat them to enhance my grades

Year 11 and year 12 is complete different by the way?

You need to have a look at your exam boards specification to see what you need to learn.
Year 11 and year 12 is complete different by the way?

You need to have a look at your exam boards specification to see what you need to learn.

I know the are different but the stuff I need to learn is from year 11 but I wasn't 100% sure if electrolysis was on it
I know the are different but the stuff I need to learn is from year 11 but I wasn't 100% sure if electrolysis was on it

Electrolysis is in the GCSE spec, yes you will need to know it for sure.
Electrolysis is in the GCSE spec, yes you will need to know it for sure.

ok thanks do you know how to get on to the specification for an exam board
ok thanks do you know how to get on to the specification for an exam board

What is your exam board?

Type into google your EB and write specification, it should come up :smile:
thanks mines is ccea
thanks mines is ccea

Have you found it?
Have you found it?

no
no

'ccea gcse specification chemistry' :google:
http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/microsites/chemistry/gcse/specification/index.asp

If you can't find it after that post, have a look at this.

Quick Reply

Latest