The Student Room Group

Mathematics Interviews at Queens' College, Cambridge

Hi, I am applying for Queens' (CAM) this year. Does anyone have the experience of having a maths interview there?

I would be less stressed if I knew roughly what will be going on.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 1-bromopentane
Hi, I am applying for Queens' this year. Does anyone have the experience of having a maths interview there?

I would be less stressed if I knew roughly what will be going on.

So I presume the MAT went well? xd
Original post by Bjbrbjrbbrj
So I presume the MAT went well? xd

Oh I am applying to Cambridge so this have nothing to do with the MAT :smile:
Oh I am applying to Cambridge so this have nothing to do with the MAT :smile:

my bad! can't read - applying for Queen's College, Oxford so I thought we were in the same boat. Whoops
Original post by Bjbrbjrbbrj
my bad! can't read - applying for Queen's College, Oxford so I thought we were in the same boat. Whoops

Oh, actually I did MAT yesterday. It was about right. Hopefully, you are doing very well (or you won't be asking me about it lol).
I have also applied to queens for maths.
Oh, actually I did MAT yesterday. It was about right. Hopefully, you are doing very well (or you won't be asking me about it lol).

I left the oldest MAT practice papers till last, they are easier so I was pretty confident. A bit shocked when I walked in and it was much harder than the specimen papers but we'll see.
Original post by 123an456
I have also applied to queens for maths.

Do you need to post any paper copy documents to them? Apparently, I just need to send them a scanned copy of the Confidentiality form. But I am not sure if I need to send any other things (like grade reports).
Do you need to post any paper copy documents to them? Apparently, I just need to send them a scanned copy of the Confidentiality form. But I am not sure if I need to send any other things (like grade reports).

Yh, i saw the email about the confidentiality form but I think that's all we need to send. How are you preparing for the interview?
Original post by 123an456
Yh, i saw the email about the confidentiality form but I think that's all we need to send. How are you preparing for the interview?

Well, I did a couple of past "interview" questions online, but most of them are for oxford, which is not ideal. Presumably, the interview is easier than STEP. Any idea how to prepare?
(edited 4 years ago)
Well, I did a couple of past "interview" questions online, but most of them are for oxford, which is not ideal. Presumably, the interview is easier than STEP. Any idea how to prepare?

probably gonna do some step 1 papers, along with some maths challenge/olympiad stuff

Quick Reply

Latest