The Student Room Group

Geography NEA - help me please

How do I write a literature review??? Help I've looked up online is different to how I've been told to do it but struggling with what to write.
Reply 1
Well we were told to make a table with the “Source/Article” in one column, the “author” in another then the “links to question title” in the third column.

I’ve found this the best way tbh
Reply 2
Thank you!! I’ll try this :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by freyaab
Thank you!! I’ll try this :smile:

What are you doing yours on?
Reply 4
I didn't know we had to do one?
Reply 5
Original post by xS1m
What are you doing yours on?

Mobility of elderly people in rural areas, focusing on access to services, wbu?
Reply 6
Original post by freyaab
Mobility of elderly people in rural areas, focusing on access to services, wbu?

Ahhh that’s cool. I’m doing mine on the impact of crime on attachment to place in a ward in London
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
I wouldn’t suggest doing a mere “table”, a literature review section of your introduction should be a thorough explanation, of the literature/ model/ theory/ formula etc, how it links to your investigation, and how you’re going to use it. My literature review itself is 7 pages long with many diagrams of the models I used in my NEA, you should perhaps devote one and a half pages or two pages for each model.
Reply 8
Is the literature review compulsory ?
Reply 9
Original post by leilaxtt
Is the literature review compulsory ?

Yes. It's imperative that you have some geographical theory or phenomena that you refer to throughout the coursework, or it will have little structure and you won't access the higher grade criteria.
Original post by Deggs_14
Yes. It's imperative that you have some geographical theory or phenomena that you refer to throughout the coursework, or it will have little structure and you won't access the higher grade criteria.

I am not quite sure of what it consists of. Also, something else that i am concerned about is the word count. it is 3000-4000, but i feel that it is far too low, especially given what is expected of us and the detail we need to access the higher grade criteria
Reply 11
I am not quite sure of what it consists of. Also, something else that i am concerned about is the word count. it is 3000-4000, but i feel that it is far too low, especially given what is expected of us and the detail we need to access the higher grade criteria

Yes totally ignore the idea of a “word count”, I think it’s silly. Mine is over 15 000 words.
Original post by Deggs_14
Yes totally ignore the idea of a “word count”, I think it’s silly. Mine is over 15 000 words.

That is what i was trying to do but i didn't want to waffle on too much. Mine is over, but don't you think 15,000 is too many? My geography teacher said that 10,000 is far too excessive and we could get penalised but a few thousand would be okay. I am not sure though, you are probably an expert if you have that many words!
Reply 13
That is what i was trying to do but i didn't want to waffle on too much. Mine is over, but don't you think 15,000 is too many? My geography teacher said that 10,000 is far too excessive and we could get penalised but a few thousand would be okay. I am not sure though, you are probably an expert if you have that many words!

I'm not sure as I haven't handed in my first draft yet, maybe, but I think mins is coherent. All teachers have different opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending