The Student Room Group

My conditional offer changed to unconditional

So basically I currently have 3 offers from university and all 3 were conditional offers. I got an email saying my track had updated so naturally I check my track and it still says I have decisions from 3 out of 5 unis so at this point I’m like ?? Okay so I check the latest updates and it says ***** has offered you an unconditional place so I’m a bit confused because my offer was conditional but now it’s unconditional? I feel like it must be like a glitch or something because my predicted grades are the same as the entry requirements so I’m confused..... it’s not even a conditional unconditional like it literally says unconditional now? Help😂😂

Scroll to see replies

Phone the university.
Original post by hannahxnct
So basically I currently have 3 offers from university and all 3 were conditional offers. I got an email saying my track had updated so naturally I check my track and it still says I have decisions from 3 out of 5 unis so at this point I’m like ?? Okay so I check the latest updates and it says ***** has offered you an unconditional place so I’m a bit confused because my offer was conditional but now it’s unconditional? I feel like it must be like a glitch or something because my predicted grades are the same as the entry requirements so I’m confused..... it’s not even a conditional unconditional like it literally says unconditional now? Help😂😂

It's not that unusual..... which uni is it because several of them do this for strong applicants?
If I'm honest I would check with them to make sure this is correct. Call first, then try to get something via email just in case.

But congrats :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
If I'm honest I would check with them to make sure this is correct. Call first, then try to get something via email just in case.

But congrat:smile:

If it's a mistake I'll eat my hat :biggrin:
Original post by harrysbar
If it's a mistake I'll eat my hat :biggrin:

Ha! I agree there’s almost no chance it was in error.

I always recommend to double check if no other communications have been received though. My niece had her offer made unconditional in error and it didn’t get spotted until enrolment so I like to err on the side of caution :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
Ha! I agree there’s almost no chance it was in error.

I always recommend to double check if no other communications have been received though. My niece had her offer made unconditional in error and it didn’t get spotted until enrolment so I like to err on the side of caution :smile:

Fair enough
Reply 7
It’s the University of Central Lancashire
Original post by harrysbar
It's not that unusual..... which uni is it because several of them do this for strong applicants?
they might have re-read the conditional offer applicants and from the personal statement selected the ones they want as unconditional as many people might not have applied yet for that uni and course.
Perhaps the conditions changed? Like, unconditional choice if made Firm otherwise XXX grades for your conditional offer? Do check.
Reply 10
Original post by dj_ad_1
they might have re-read the conditional offer applicants and from the personal statement selected the ones they want as unconditional as many people might not have applied yet for that uni and course.

I do know that it’s not a popular course at all and only three unis in the country do it so that’s what I thought at first. It’s TESOL and Chinese
Reply 11
Original post by Gold.Panda
Perhaps the conditions changed? Like, unconditional choice if made Firm otherwise XXX grades for your conditional offer? Do check.

I’ve heard of that but like it literally just says unconditional now in the offer letter it just says they’ve offered me an unconditional place
yeah then thats prob the reason cos u meet the entry requirements and plus ur personal statement mustve been good what more could they want from u lol
Reply 13
Original post by dj_ad_1
yeah then thats prob the reason cos u meet the entry requirements and plus ur personal statement mustve been good what more could they want from u lol

Not to brag but like I tried really hard on my personal statement so I feel like that’s definitely it as well as the fact I have a lot of experience with teaching aha
its fine ngl im the same as u i did my personal statement in the summer and then as soon as school started i started sending to teachers n stuff and yeah same here im teaching u rn aha
Reply 15
Original post by dj_ad_1
its fine ngl im the same as u i did my personal statement in the summer and then as soon as school started i started sending to teachers n stuff and yeah same here im teaching u rn aha

Ahh same I finished in summer haha would’ve liked it to be sent of earlier as it was only sent off last week but my teachers are slow😂
funny enough same here i finished it a few weeks ago cos i needed a few 'minor adjustments' and then i sent it last week and its bare weird cos ive got 2 unconditional offers already aha
Reply 17
Original post by dj_ad_1
funny enough same here i finished it a few weeks ago cos i needed a few 'minor adjustments' and then i sent it last week and its bare weird cos ive got 2 unconditional offers already aha

Woah! That’s so lucky! I’ve got 2 conditionals and 1 unconditional(I hope) I withdrew one and I’m just waiting on one more aha
yeah thanks uve done decent already too pm me lol we can talk more on there if u want aha
Original post by hannahxnct

What Uni & what course?

Often Some less regarded unis pump up their entry requirements to get students in. Hence looking at their official requirement or offer is meaningless. For example if they say AAB but take CCC on results day, I could well see them offering a student whos predicted AAB an unconditional in an attempt to get them to come.

Without more information its very hard to say, but lots of unis do this to gain students out of their league.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending