The Student Room Group

TSR Poll of Polls: Who are you voting for in the General Election?

This poll is closed

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives 18%
Labour 38%
Liberal Democrats 19%
Green Party 8%
Brexit Party 3%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) 0%
SNP 1%
Plaid Cymru 0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) 0%
Sinn Fein 1%
SDLP 0%
Ulster Unionist 0%
UKIP 1%
Other 1%
None9%
Total votes: 1169
Welcome to our first poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th, 2019! We're looking to see the trends of how people are planning to vote from now until the election; we'll be putting out a new 'Poll of Polls' every Thursday,

It's been a unbelievable lead up to this election, and we want to see how close TSR votes are to the actual election results... do you think they'll be similar, or completely different? And how likely do you think it is that your party will come into power?

Let us know what you're thinking - who are you planning to vote for?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Imagine voting Plaid Cymru or Green party.
I don't have a vote but would vote Tory (and have added that to the poll).
Reply 3
Original post by LiberOfLondon
I don't have a vote but would vote Tory (and have added that to the poll).

Likewise.
Reply 5
Also, anyone who chooses Change UK should be awarded a Nobel prize for delusion.
(edited 4 years ago)
im voting conservative but only because i like my mp; were it someone else i would probably not vote
actually saying that, if my ballot paper doesn't arrive before i leave uni for christmas, i'm not bothering to vote either
I live in Uxbridge so no way am I voting for boris
Reply 9
I see it mainly as a choice between Johnson and Corbyn, so I'd go Conservative despite having a generally negative view of them.

If it was a meaningless election, Yorkshire Party.
I will be voting for Labour! The only party committed to scrapping university tuition fess, a People’s Vote, and seriously concerned with climate change - seeking to combat it through a Green Industrial Revolution.
I am glad to see other TSR users feel the same way.
Reply 11
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Welcome to our first poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th, 2019! We're looking to see the trends of how people are planning to vote from now until the election; we'll be putting out a new 'Poll of Polls' every Thursday,

It's been a unbelievable lead up to this election, and we want to see how close TSR votes are to the actual election results... do you think they'll be similar, or completely different? And how likely do you think it is that your party will come into power?

I don't have a vote (as a 16 year old), but if I could vote I would definitely vote for Liberal Democrats, the only party who are actually committed to stopping Brexit, who will give 16-17 year old's the vote we deserve, who will actually improve the British economy, and reform the outdated system of government currently in place, and who will protect our rights. Go Liberal Democrats!
I feel like I’m going to have to, VERY unwillingly, vote Conservative...

Labour want to delay/mess up what could’ve been a relatively easy exit from the EU. They seem to be virtue signalling only to get into power. eg. Attempting to get the vote for 16-17 year olds. I wouldn’t be opposed to another referendum but I feel it’ll set a dangerous precedent for future referendums (whatever they may be about).

Lib Dem want to cancel Brexit; which at this point is ridiculous! Cancelling Brexit at this point is like texting your GF you’re going to break up with her but then seeing her on Monday and being like “soz bbe xxx you complete me!”

I see voting Conservative, giving them a majority in Government, will actually allow them to deliver Brexit with the “shiniest of turds” deals compared to what the other parties plan to do.

Once again, I’ll make it clear I DONT want to vote Tory but I feel like it’s the only way forward regarding Brexit.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CTLeafez
I feel like I’m going to have to, VERY unwilling, vote Conservative...

Labour want to delay/mess up what could’ve been a relatively easy exit from the EU. They seem to be virtue signally only to get into power. eg. Attempting to get the vote for 16-17 year olds. I wouldn’t be opposed to another referendum but I feel it’ll set a dangerous precedent for future referendums (whatever they may be about).

Lib Dem want to cancel Brexit; which at this point is ridiculous! Cancelling Brexit at this point is like texting your GF you’re going to break up with her but then seeing her on Monday and being like “soz bbe xxx you complete me!”

I see voting Conservative to give them a majority in Government will actually allow them to deliver Brexit with the “shiniest of turds” deals compared to what the other parties plan to do.

Once again, I’ll make it clear I DONT want to vote Tory but I feel like it’s the only way forward regarding Brexit.

Wow. Remember this is not about Brexit only. It’s about whoever runs the country for the next five years.
Depends where I decide to vote.

At home, I'll vote Lib Dem as they have a chance of beating Labour.

At university, I'll reluctantly vote Labour to keep the Conservatives out.
Original post by Zoqua
I don't have a vote (as a 16 year old), but if I could vote I would definitely vote for Liberal Democrats, the only party who are actually committed to stopping Brexit, who will give 16-17 year old's the vote we deserve, who will actually improve the British economy, and reform the outdated system of government currently in place, and who will protect our rights. Go Liberal Democrats!

As would I, however I believe this election is about voting tactically. If we do want to stop brexit then Labour is probably a better option than Lib Dems. After all, they are actually proposing a second election, with remain as an option (despite not having an official position on the matter). As we have seen through last General Election, the left wing was just too split, however Labour remains the largest. Lib Dems may increase their popularity, but most likely not enough to beat the tories, and it is wishful thinking to think that there will be a large number of tory remainers who will flock to vote for the Lib Dems. Moreover, there is the North East, who will most likely back Labour, as Lib Dems were in a coalition with the Tories, meaning the Labour party has that support, and futhermore all the main cities are Labour heartland where there will be a vast number of seats.
Yup this thread will get toxic soon :smile:
As a young adult, who is in college, working multiple jobs, I'd be voting for the Lib dems.

Labour promise too much and don't have any evidence for it.

Conservatives please XD

Side note? Where is Lord Bucket Head at?
Original post by StrawberryDreams

Why is conservative the first option? Surely parties should be listed alphabetically.
Original post by thatguyZero
Yup this thread will get toxic soon :smile:

Indeed. Something that frustrates me is when people say who they are going to vote for as is their democratic right and other people try to sway them as if people are incapable of researching themselves and making an informed decision. Quite insulting really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending