The Student Room Group

Do you have a calm place?

Poll

When things are hectic, how do you find calm?

Is there a calm place you like to go to?

Where do you go, or what do you do, when you want a quiet moment; if you're feeling stressed or sad, or just want to clear your head and take some time for yourself?

What is it that helps you to feel calm in that place?

Share your thoughts here (maybe even a little photo), and help other people to find their place to rest and restore. :grouphugs:
I don’t really get stressed but when I get bored/sad I just start doing uni work to distract myself 😂
Reply 2
I go for a spiffing walk.
I dance like nobody's watching.
I go to the cinema.
I bake.
Reply 3
wheres the 'curl up and die from a sensory meltdown' option op
No.
Reply 5
When things are hectic there's not much to it for me except going through it, unless the exasperation is for reasons that have nothing to do with the future i.e. existential, someone dies etc. For the latter case - strap on some running shoes, bolt my way down to a nearby pond, and when it's nipple erection weather like now I just dive in and chill. Zone-in. Otherwise, music, lil meditation. Watching a movie's nice, but it's more like pushing your problems to the future for me, because they'll come back worse. Can't read when I'm stressed.
Intense exercise works for me. Hard to think about anxiety when doing the 100m :smile:
Reply 7
At uni, my calming place was the beach (when its not raining), or just my living room where my housemates would be and we would be talking about very unusual things.

At home, I generally go outside to any green places without people, and put headphones on. I live near a big deer park with lots gardens in it, so it's always pleasant going there.
(edited 4 years ago)
Stroke my hamster
Yup!
I live about 5 minutes away from a huge park/garden that has a massive lake. If I'm ever feeling sad or anxious I usually go sit at the bottom of the hill by the lake and watch the fish.

If I'm ever having a bad day, I usually plan a trip to the peak district. It's so beautiful and peaceful there.
Reply 10
My mind is almost always calm
I like to chill in the bathroom.

It is a strange one.
Original post by 8472
I go for a spiffing walk.
I dance like nobody's watching.
I go to the cinema.
I bake.

I like that the walk has to be 'spiffing' :tongue: Also, high five for dance parties. :dance:

Original post by Kryptonitekid43
Intense exercise works for me. Hard to think about anxiety when doing the 100m :smile:

So true! I'm a bit the same really. I find it super helpful for releasing stress. :smile:
I make a cup of tea and carry on, life doesn't stop.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Blue_Cow
Make a cup of tea and carry on, life doesn't stop.

How wonderfully British. Just get on with it and stop making a fuss! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by BlinkyBill
I like that the walk has to be 'spiffing' :tongue: Also, high five for dance parties. :dance:

So true! I'm a bit the same really. I find it super helpful for releasing stress. :smile:

Winter has to be a spiffing walk as I can't frolic in the meadows :moon:
Original post by Reality Check
How wonderfully British. Just get on with it and stop making a fuss! :smile:

PRSOM

Yup. I find tackling something head on with a soothing medicament aka TEA is much better than dwelling on things.
Original post by Blue_Cow
I make a cup of tea and carry on, life doesn't stop.

No biscuit?! :headfire:
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
No biscuit?! :headfire:

Privy to a chocolate hobnob now and again :cookie:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest