The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria uni accommodation

Just wondering which accommodation is the best at Northumbria uni, I will be studying physiotherapy which is at coach lane campus. I’m wanting accommodation that is more social and looks half decent if anyone can help!

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hello!

Im a second year student and I had the best time in Manor Bank accommodation. Its 5 minute walk into the centre, just outside the metro stop and literally opposite the business building. Its across the road from nancys bar as well as the local Sainsbury's.
I really really wouldn't recommend uni accommodation, its more expensive and really grimy.
Its brilliant for social scene as well. they always have social events and free pizza nights every term. I met so many people and now live with 5 of them. Because it is private there is also Newcastle student on certain flaws. You can choose mixed gender or all one gender, university and what year you want your flat mates in.

https://www.unitestudents.com/newcastle/manor-bank?utm_source=Local&utm_medium=Organic&utm_campaign=GMB

The other accommodations available are:
Liberty key- nice
liberty living- its nice
Candem court- Some nice refurbished rooms but bad for repairs and can be grimy
New bridge- nice but wayyy over priced and issues with cleaning
Trinity- really nice but in gates head so its a metro away from city centre although a 15/20 minute walk into town

Hope it helps!
Original post by Libby_Stephenson
Just wondering which accommodation is the best at Northumbria uni, I will be studying physiotherapy which is at coach lane campus. I’m wanting accommodation that is more social and looks half decent if anyone can help!
Hello Libby,

Student Roost have 3 sites in Newcastle which offer accommodation for anyone who is a student. We have a mixture of Newcastle, Northumbria and Newcastle College students.
Take a look at our website https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

We are so close the city centre, public transport, shops and bars - nothing is too far away to walk. We also have great social events throughout the year, Welcome parties, Halloween parties, lots of food out for everyone to share and grab on their way to uni.

Our prices start from £115 per week and we offer shared flats and studios.

Send us a message if you have any questions.

Thanks
Tegan

I really advise against NU-Owned accommodation. It can be hard to find help when you are unhappy in your flat; privately owned halls tend to be more peaceful and the staff are great.

Hi Libby,

Why not have a look at The Shield?

Top reasons to book with us:

- Rooms from £115
- Luxury furnishings and fittings
- Amazing social spaces (including a cinema room and a gym!)
- Great social events
- 5 minute walk from Northumbria University and 15 minute walk from Newcastle University.
- Free laundry and groceries for your first semester!*
- Refer a friend offer - get paid to live at The Shield!
- 2 minute walk from the #1 bus stop which takes you directly to Coach Lane Campus! We have a large number of students who study at Coach Lane.

If you are interested and would like to schedule a viewing, please give us a call on 0191 300 6502 or send us an email at [email protected] :smile:

Christy
The Shield Student Accommodation

Hi Libby. I have signed a tenancy from 6th October for a luxury studio apartment in the city centre, however, I cannot commit to the tenancy now. £140 a week, all utilities included. Are you interested?
This is the link:
https://www.propertybynest.co.uk/properties/students/newcastle/melbourne-apartments/

Let me know 😊

Hi Libby, hope your well. I am also starting Physio in Northumbria but not until Jan 2020 which is the MSc. Just wanted to see if you found accommodation and how the search went? I am in the same position as yourself now. Thanks in advance.

Hi Libby, I currently have a True student shared apartment which I no longer need as I’m not getting accommodation. It requires no deposit and is a 44 week contract worth £5324. It also comes with a welcome package worth £250. If interested message me
I'm moving back home so I have a room in Liberty Quay available. One my flatmates is also doing physio at coach lane! It's £107 a week n I've already paid the deposit. Lmk if you're still looking for anything.
Original post by jakewall1995
Hi Libby, hope your well. I am also starting Physio in Northumbria but not until Jan 2020 which is the MSc. Just wanted to see if you found accommodation and how the search went? I am in the same position as yourself now. Thanks in advance.

Hello guys have you found the accommodation?
Hi Gcamilla,

I am still currently looking for accomodation. Are you study physio at Northumbria also?
Hi Gcamilla,

I am still currently looking for accomodation. Are you study physio at Northumbria also?

Hi sorry I’ve not checked messages for ages here. I’m staying at The Shield now. I’d definitely recommend it if you guys are still looking. It’s a bit quieter than the uni own ones from what I’ve heard but by that I mean people don’t just barge into your flat 😂 There’s a morrisons about 7 minutes away and also a Tesco round the corner and a Sainsbury’s at the end of the road. Rooms also look a lot nicer than the uni accommodations as well. I think there’s a bus stop just outside that takes you to coach lane campus as well
Hi sorry I’ve not checked messages for ages here. I’m staying at The Shield now. I’d definitely recommend it if you guys are still looking. It’s a bit quieter than the uni own ones from what I’ve heard but by that I mean people don’t just barge into your flat 😂 There’s a morrisons about 7 minutes away and also a Tesco round the corner and a Sainsbury’s at the end of the road. Rooms also look a lot nicer than the uni accommodations as well. I think there’s a bus stop just outside that takes you to coach lane campus as well

Hi Libby,

I am still looking myself but I have kind of narrowed it down to 3 or 4 and The Shield is actually one of them. Are you studying physio at undergrad or postgrad level? Thanks for the info too!
Hi Libby,

I am still looking myself but I have kind of narrowed it down to 3 or 4 and The Shield is actually one of them. Are you studying physio at undergrad or postgrad level? Thanks for the info too!

I’m actually doing a foundation year in applied science at the moment, didn’t quite get the grades 🙄 but I’ll be going into undergrad for physio next year. Did you say you were doing postgrad? If you want any more help with the other accommodations I’ll try my best with what I’ve heard!
Fair play Libby. I am also going to the long way around with the post-grad as I done a Sports Therapy degree. Thanks for the help, will definetly see you around probably and I might even end up in The Shield.
Fair play Libby. I am also going to the long way around with the post-grad as I done a Sports Therapy degree. Thanks for the help, will definetly see you around probably and I might even end up in The Shield.

Hi, are yous still looking for accommodation ? maybe I can help you :smile:
Original post by Gcamilla
Hi, are yous still looking for accommodation ? maybe I can help you :smile:

Yes unfortunately I am. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Libby,

Have you looked at The Shield? The number 1 bus stop is outside of our accommodation and we have loads of students who attend Coach Lane Campus!

We have a great social vibe here at The Shield. The students are extremely independant and outgoing and they make great use of our Social Areas (they hold their own parties in our social spaces alongside our events), but we also have some extremely hardworking students here too who take advantage of our cosy Study Rooms too.

We have ensuite rooms from £105 per week.

Thanks!

Christy

The Shield - Fresh Student Living
Original post by TheShieldNewcastle
Hi Libby,

Have you looked at The Shield? The number 1 bus stop is outside of our accommodation and we have loads of students who attend Coach Lane Campus!

We have a great social vibe here at The Shield. The students are extremely independant and outgoing and they make great use of our Social Areas (they hold their own parties in our social spaces alongside our events), but we also have some extremely hardworking students here too who take advantage of our cosy Study Rooms too.

We have ensuite rooms from £105 per week.

Thanks!

Christy

The Shield - Fresh Student Living

Hi Christy,

Do you offer a January to January lease?

I am attending the coach lane campus too.

Kind regards,
Jake Wall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending