The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2020 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

I don't know if people would like this as well - https://www.facebook.com/groups/419218265644510/?source=unknown I have made a group on Facebook, thinking it might be easier for us to communicate/stay in touch and hopefully have people we will know if we get in.

Completely up to yourselves if you would like to join.
I did get an acknowledgement from Strathclyde at the end of October (after a fairly early submission for primary), but my gmail sorted into spam! Perhaps the same thing has happened to other people. Worth checking the spam folder in case. I only noticed it recently and had been wondering why they hadn't sent anything. I applied for Strathclyde, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and UWS. I've received an invitation to interview at the UWS and only acknowledgements/requests to create accounts from everyone else.
(edited 4 years ago)
I have applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Strathclyde, Glasgow and Highlands & Islands. Really hope I am chosen for interview! My eyes are glued to my emails 24-7 right now haha. Nice to read about other people having the same stress as me! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 6Hayley10
Hi guys, I just received the interview invitation from Strathclyde. My interview will be on Friday. Finger crossed 🤣

Congratulations Hayley! Best of luck. Just curious..how long ago did you apply?

Original post by Chogg0
On a similar note, has anyone even received a confirmation of their application from Strathclyde? 😅

I received confirmation. They were the last of my universities to get back to me! No more word as of it. Just applied on Sunday!
Original post by CPearce1989
Congratulations Hayley! Best of luck. Just curious..how long ago did you apply?

I received confirmation. They were the last of my universities to get back to me! No more word as of it. Just applied on Sunday!

Thank you! I applied as soon as the date opened which was 4th Sep. I finished my interview today. Course leader is really nice and he asked me some questions about my work experiences and then translate a paragraph. The process was really relax but I was a little nervous 🤣 Hope you will hear news soon!
Thank you! I applied as soon as the date opened which was 4th Sep. I finished my interview today. Course leader is really nice and he asked me some questions about my work experiences and then translate a paragraph. The process was really relax but I was a little nervous 🤣 Hope you will hear news soon!

That's great! I just applied on Sunday. Was there a presentation also? Glad it went well for you. You'll have earned a glass of wine tonight x

Fingers crossed for you!
Original post by CPearce1989
That's great! I just applied on Sunday. Was there a presentation also? Glad it went well for you. You'll have earned a glass of wine tonight x

Thank you ! Because I'm not in Scotland now, so I had interview through Skype. I didn't have presentation, I think it depends on the subject. Fingers crossed for us!
Reply 68
Original post by magical-thinking
I did get an acknowledgement from Strathclyde at the end of October (after a fairly early submission for primary), but my gmail sorted into spam! Perhaps the same thing has happened to other people. Worth checking the spam folder in case. I only noticed it recently and had been wondering why they hadn't sent anything. I applied for Strathclyde, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and UWS. I've received an invitation to interview at the UWS and only acknowledgements/requests to create accounts from everyone else.

This was a great shout btw cuz my Glasgow uni acknowledgement was in my spam! I’m now paranoid and I’ll be checking it all the time
Original post by magical-thinking

Thank you so much for this! I just checked my email and my Strathclyde acknowledgement was in my spam! Good luck everyone! Hopefully we will hear soon!
Reply 70
I didn’t get an interview for strathclyde because app I don’t have enough experience... frustrating and I’m pretty sure the others will most likely say the same thing... I actually don’t know what the f*** they want. I don’t really think there is much more I can do. Good luck to the rest of you all, hopefully you’ll have better luck than I have!
Hi, I was at the Strathclyde postgrad open day this week. We were told by the PGDE course tutor that it makes no difference if you apply early or late. However they did say that classroom experience gained after submission of application carries no weight. So reading between the lines, the later you apply the better, as this gives you more time to gain experience.
Reply 72
Original post by 04MR17
Here's a few icebreaker questions to introduce yourselves.

Name:
Applying at:

Give as much or as little detail as you want

Also, here's a little motivator if you feel like you need a bit of inspiration.

Best of luck everyone! :party2:

Volunteer Note: Sharing of facebook isn't allowed on TSR sadly, sorry. :frown:

Hello, I have applied to Perth and Dundee for the Primary PDGE.
Reply 73
Hi Gemma, what attracts you to Perth and Dundee - location? I was reading the FAQS on a PDFand Perth gives you 2 days online learning per week which means that you only have to be on site for 3 days. Pretty good for keeping travel costs to a minimum.I'm planning on applying to Strathclyde and Glasgow however I might also apply to Perth as it's only an extra 15 minute drive.
Just checking in to see if anyone who has applied for the primary PGDE has heard about interviews? It seems to have gone very quiet in my inbox!
Reply 75
Nothing yet, still only heard back from UWS. I have a feeling most of them sort out the secondary applications first but that's just a hunch.
Reply 76
Hello :smile: I am applying for PGDE (Primary) at Strathclyde, Glasgow and UWS. I have a bachelor of arts honours degree, an A at higher English and a C at int 2 maths. I feel that I have a strong personal statement but my experience is in a secondary school and a nursery but none in primary due to working full time. I don't think that I will be able to get any experience in a primary school setting. do you guys think that this would matter as much?
Reply 77
Original post by Cattr39
I didn’t get an interview for strathclyde because app I don’t have enough experience... frustrating and I’m pretty sure the others will most likely say the same thing... I actually don’t know what the f*** they want. I don’t really think there is much more I can do. Good luck to the rest of you all, hopefully you’ll have better luck than I have!

sorry to hear that. What type of experience is it that you have? I have called the Uni's and they said that a minimum of 4 weeks and that the experience i have is too old but i work a full time job and wont be able to get time to do any of it. they also said that it has to be an on going thing. so i am stressing.
Reply 78
Congras Hayley!!. what type of experience do you have and how long did you crry it out for?
Original post by Chogg0
Nothing yet, still only heard back from UWS. I have a feeling most of them sort out the secondary applications first but that's just a hunch.

Yeah I'm in exactly the same boat. It does seem that the secondary interviews are being scheduled first as you say. Good to know it's not just me!

Quick Reply