The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel History Revision Help

I am currently doing Edexcel GCSE History and i am studying:
-Crime and Punishment in Britain
-Superpower Relations and Cold War
-Early Elizabethan England
-Weimar and Nazi Germany (which i have not started yet)

In my December mocks i will be tested on these topics (apart from Nazi Germany)
I have the textbooks required but im not to sure how to revise! Can anyone give me any tips and techniques?
Im trying to impress in the mocks (maybe a 9?)
answer the practice questions and structures...
Original post by toedchicken1989
answer the practice questions and structures...

i do the same topics as you if you need any help :smile:
i do Medicine in britain not crime and punishment though...
Write model answers yourself and hand them into your teacher to mark and work on your actions when you get it back I would also learn the key dates as they are very important also revision cards is a good way to condense your notes into smaller and concise notes that you can take with you any where x
Original post by toedchicken1989
i do the same topics as you if you need any help :smile:
i do Medicine in britain not crime and punishment though...

Medicine is amazinggggggb I loved it so much I have done my gcse history and now doing Edexcel a ALevel history
Original post by NM-04
I am currently doing Edexcel GCSE History and i am studying:
-Crime and Punishment in Britain
-Superpower Relations and Cold War
-Early Elizabethan England
-Weimar and Nazi Germany (which i have not started yet)

In my December mocks i will be tested on these topics (apart from Nazi Germany)
I have the textbooks required but im not to sure how to revise! Can anyone give me any tips and techniques?
Im trying to impress in the mocks (maybe a 9?)

Hi! I did the same exact topics as you at GCSE last year! and I managed to get a 9 and full marks in Elizabeth, Germany and Cold war so I could answer any questions you have on revision?

As for broad revision techniques, I would recommend asking your teachers to give you model answers and just try and memorise them. That way when you start writing essay's the structure will come naturally rather than having to stress over trying to stick to the structure.
Original post by Anonymous1348
Hi! I did the same exact topics as you at GCSE last year! and I managed to get a 9 and full marks in Elizabeth, Germany and Cold war so I could answer any questions you have on revision?

As for broad revision techniques, I would recommend asking your teachers to give you model answers and just try and memorise them. That way when you start writing essay's the structure will come naturally rather than having to stress over trying to stick to the structure.

Are you studying A level history ??

Quick Reply

Latest