The Student Room Group

How often do you moisturize your body? GIRLS HELP

So I shower everyday (sometimes end up showering twice because I workout at odd times during the day). I was wondering, do most girls moisturize their bodies after every shower? I don't. I only do it every other day. Should I be moisturizing everyday for better and healthier skin?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Scroll to see replies

Usually once a day. I usually shower in the morn and cba moisturizing my whole body then so I'll do it in the evening. (I have eczema and dry skin though so need to moisturize to prevent that.)
Reply 2
Usually once a day. I usually shower in the morn and cba moisturizing my whole body then so I'll do it in the evening. (I have eczema and dry skin though so need to moisturize to prevent that.)

Apparently if you moisturize whilst your body is slightly wet (assuming you pat-dried with the towel) the moisturizer is absorbed in better and whatnot. I don't know whether there is any real benefit of doing that. :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
Apparently if you moisturize whilst your body is slightly wet (assuming you pat-dried with the towel) the moisturizer is absorbed in better and whatnot. I don't know whether there is any real benefit of doing that. :lol:

Ugh I really hate the feeling of moisturizer when my skin is wet tho :nooo:
After every shower usually.
It’s better if you do it when your skin is still damp.
Water and shower gel strip moisture from skin.
It depends if your skin is naturally dry or not
Reply 5
Original post by Precious Illusions
Ugh I really hate the feeling of moisturizer when my skin is wet tho :nooo:

Same honestly! I don't like feeling too wet and slippery lol

I don't even have a 'go-to' moisturizer. Any recommendations?
Reply 6
Original post by Sammylou40
After every shower usually.
It’s better if you do it when your skin is still damp.
Water and shower gel strip moisture from skin.
It depends if your skin is naturally dry or not

Thanks! .

Are there any moisturizers you'd recommend?
A few times a week - I can’t be asked at times 😂
Thanks! .

Are there any moisturizers you'd recommend?

Don’t be tempted by anything pricey. It’s not necessary
A supermarket baby lotion is fine. Sensitive and cheap
Otherwise something like e45.
Yeah I feel like moisturising is so important especially for the face tbh
moisturiser is not good for you, does not do anything good for your skin long term only superficial short term gain. no doctor will advice the use of this. let your skin breathe and it will be in better condition over time. #crustygyalsunite
Moisturise after showering. Especially dry parts every morning, like elbows and ankles and whatnot. Face is twice a day, including neck.
moisturiser is not good for you, does not do anything good for your skin long term only superficial short term gain. no doctor will advice the use of this. let your skin breathe and it will be in better condition over time. #crustygyalsunite

Every doctor advises moisturising several times a day for people with eczema...

I moisturise a couple of times a month, tops. I'm really lazy and only do it if my skin feels particularly dry/tight. But I try to avoid using products int he shower - I use a mild soap on my body once a week and wash with water only on the other days.
I would usually just moisturize my face. My body rarely gets dry to be honest. I prefer to moisturize my face every night before I go to bed then have a shower the next day. Or I have a shower during the evenings then apply the oil and cream. It depends on my schedule for the next day.
there are a lot of crusty people here. drink more water.
there are a lot of crusty people here. drink more water.

lol rude but made me laugh.

Thank you for your constructive input.
Every time after I show so 1-2 times a day and sometimes I moisturize just my legs and arms during the day. My skin dries out a lot so I need to keep on top of it. As for my face, I like to go through a thorough skincare routine twice a day.
So I shower everyday (sometimes end up showering twice because I workout at odd times during the day). I was wondering, do most girls moisturize their bodies after every shower? I don't. I only do it every other day. Should I be moisturizing everyday for better and healthier skin?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

i use a shower glove during every shower and moisturise after every time. My skin is noticeably softer and glows way more than the average girl. Especially after i’ve shaved. Try bodyshops body butter 😍
I moisturise after very wash/shower, and at night I rub in Shea butter or a heavy emollient into my elbows and knees to stop cracking. Moisturising is really important if you use any harsh acne creams also, but you would need a light sensitive moisturiser for this to prevent irritation
I think it depends on your skin type as to whether moisturising will benefit you but I've never used a body moisturiser (I've tried them but after a few hours of feeling slimy I wash them off) and have found even the lightest of body or face moisturisers just don't sink in to my skin. I have oily skin so I've never suffered with dryness anywhere

Quick Reply

Latest