The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster - Computer Science

currently i am in my third year at the university of Westminster, i heard when you graduate they allow you to drop the lowest mark you got out of second and third year combined.i just wanted to know from previous students if there was any truth in that.
Original post by adar97
currently i am in my third year at the university of Westminster, i heard when you graduate they allow you to drop the lowest mark you got out of second and third year combined.i just wanted to know from previous students if there was any truth in that.

Hey, I can confirm that is true. I did 6 modules in year 2, and only 5 counted, so if you do poorly in one, it doesn't really matter. They do this automatically, it's part of the grading system, but I've heard that different univeristies use different grading systems.

Hope that helps.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by adar97

Original post by Tribulogic
Hey, I can confirm that is true. I did 6 modules in year 2, and only 5 counted, so if you do poorly in one, it doesn't really matter. They do this automatically, it's part of the grading system, but I've heard that different univeristies use different grading systems.

Hope that helps.

Hi there

Your lowest 2nd and 3rd year modules will be discounted which gives you the best opportunity to gain a high final grade. Students degree classification will be made up from 2/3's of your best 3rd Year grades and 1/3 of your best 2nd Year grades.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending