The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Graduate Programme 2020 intake

Hi everyone,

I've just sent off my initial application to this grad scheme. Anyone else thinking of/ already applied for the scheme?

https://www.hmtreasurycareers.co.uk/graduate-programme/about-the-programme/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I’m going to do my initial application questions this weekend.
Have you applied for any other grad schemes?
Original post by Sonia_3
Hi,

I’m going to do my initial application questions this weekend.
Have you applied for any other grad schemes?

Hello, I’ve applied for a couple of others so far. NHS and CS fast stream. Will probably apply for a few more too. How about you?
Reply 3
Original post by connorfrench96
Hello, I’ve applied for a couple of others so far. NHS and CS fast stream. Will probably apply for a few more too. How about you?

I’ve applied for CS Fast Stream too! Also planning on applying for the NHS grad scheme and a few others. Are you applying for the HMRC Tax graduate program?
Would I be right in assuming you’re also a social/political science graduate? :smile:
Original post by Sonia_3
I’ve applied for CS Fast Stream too! Also planning on applying for the NHS grad scheme and a few others. Are you applying for the HMRC Tax graduate program?
Would I be right in assuming you’re also a social/political science graduate? :smile:

I haven’t really considered the HMRC programme but I really do need to read up on it. Yes! I’m in my final year of Politics and IR. Sent off my application for HM Treasury a few days ago. Nervously waiting!
Hi guys, I'm actually nowhere near applying because I'm in year 13 myself wanting to do Politics and IR at uni next year, however this is something I've been looking into!
Is this a viable career option? i presume for CS fast stream they want you to move to London and the wage is sort of worrying due to how expensive London can be.

if theres any tips you could give me please do hahaha, let me know how everything goes guys good luck :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by izziwills2002
Hi guys, I'm actually nowhere near applying because I'm in year 13 myself wanting to do Politics and IR at uni next year, however this is something I've been looking into!
Is this a viable career option? i presume for CS fast stream they want you to move to London and the wage is sort of worrying due to how expensive London can be.

if theres any tips you could give me please do hahaha, let me know how everything goes guys good luck :redface:

28k for a graduate (presumably 21) and living in London isn't too bad. Yes, London is expensive but you don't have to live in central London to work in central London. The outskirts of London, particularly South London, have fantastic travel and are much cheaper than central London. London is a great place to work there is no where like it in my opinion. Where is your first choice for university?
Reply 7
Did the application and first test when the scheme opened - hopefully we hear back soon.
Original post by Brandimo
Did the application and first test when the scheme opened - hopefully we hear back soon.

Tell me about it. The waiting is awful!
Reply 9
Does anyone know if numerical + verbal reasoning tests are timed?
Original post by rory9797
Does anyone know if numerical + verbal reasoning tests are timed?

Time is recorded, but they're not specifically timed.
Anyone got an invitation link to take the next tests yet? I’ve got the email to say I’ve passed but nothing more.
Original post by connorfrench96
Anyone got an invitation link to take the next tests yet? I’ve got the email to say I’ve passed but nothing more.

Nothing yet broski.
Original post by Brandimo
Nothing yet broski.

Cheers bud.
did anyone else receive a email to complete the verbal & numerical test?
Original post by sarskinz
did anyone else receive a email to complete the verbal & numerical test?

yep
Hi guys, does anyone know approx how many questions you have to do for both tests? I messed up and exit the test, thinking it would automatically save my progress. Turns out that is not the case lol and now I only have one more attempt left. So yeah, don't wanna mess this up so someone please help!!
Original post by s_z_1996
Hi guys, does anyone know approx how many questions you have to do for both tests? I messed up and exit the test, thinking it would automatically save my progress. Turns out that is not the case lol and now I only have one more attempt left. So yeah, don't wanna mess this up so someone please help!!

Haven't done it yet, but I understand it's around 8.
if someone were to get through to the interview section of the houses of parliament graduate development programme, does anyone have advice on the questions they might ask or how to answer them?
Original post by ldiamond1999
if someone were to get through to the interview section of the houses of parliament graduate development programme, does anyone have advice on the questions they might ask or how to answer them?

Sorry. This thread is for the HMT Graduate Programme.

Quick Reply