The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by berries366
Any advice for applicants? :smile:

Be good at the entrance exams for GEM in general. For Sheffield specifically, be yourself! The interview is about you and what you think not what you think they want to hear.
Guys, last year I got my interview invite on 9th November and the interview was on 26th. If they're that efficient again, we might hear something next week!
Original post by Jsheridan
I'm really enjoying it and am glad I picked it over my other offers! So basically you spend 6 weeks as just the GEMs going through year one material. We then sat the phase 1 exam as a formative on Wednesday and will be joining the phase 2a as of next week! They could change things up for next year though so bare that in mind :smile:

That's great to hear :biggrin: and oooh, okay so it's quite similar to GEM at king's.

What would be your top tips for interview? (sorry for all the questions)
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
Guys, last year I got my interview invite on 9th November and the interview was on 26th. If they're that efficient again, we might hear something next week!

ooo lets hope so
Be good at the entrance exams for GEM in general. For Sheffield specifically, be yourself! The interview is about you and what you think not what you think they want to hear.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
How's it going? Did they give you some reading to do before you started?

Grand and no they thought it would give too much advantage to those who didn’t work etc. But as long as you haven’t completely forgotten absolutely everything from undergrad it’s fine!
Original post by ben444
I've finally found the thread. Yay.

Hey everyone! I was rejected last year and I'm applying again 😊 good luck to you all.

I sent off my WP form and received am email saying it had been updated on my UCAS but then I got another email again today asking for the WP form. I've emailed to clarify whether I need to send another 1 😊

I’m guessing Warwick wasn’t on the cards in the end?
I’m guessing Warwick wasn’t on the cards in the end?

Hey! Nah after considering many factors I decided it wasn't for me. The distance from home, a less than ideal final year at uni, family issues etc. I hope you're doing well and settling in at Sheffield.
Original post by usmaan mohamed
Hello all,
I am new to using the student room - sorry in advance if I make a mistake, I recently submitted my application for the A101 at Sheffield for 2020 and currently work as a pharmacist.

Just wondering if there are any other pharmacists applying at Sheffield or if anyone else wants to share which profession they work in currently or if still studying, what degree they are currently studying.

I am interested in hearing from you all.

I am currently studying biomedical science. Good luck x
Reply 69
Hello Sheffield applicants, giant spreadsheet here.

I hope that last years spreadsheet helped some of you grasp an idea of what entry requirement some universities wanted from the TSR sample.
Once you have your interview invite, feel free to add in your details that you're comfortable with to help those applying this year and those in the future.
If you make any mistakes, ctrl+z to remove them. If you need help, feel free to message me or try your best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1raOdIae0T-QGzOIjGocTqyJpevYz-CSj4SKFn8Dj2kw/edit#gid=1096770978

I'm wishing you all luck. Sheffield is a lovely place.
"Successful applicants can expect by 15.11.2019 to receive an email from the Medical School admissions team (not UCAS) inviting them to attend an interview. Unsuccessful applicants can expect to be notified via UCAS by approximately 20.12.2019."

not sure if that's just for a100 students
Reply 71
Original post by aallisonn
"Successful applicants can expect by 15.11.2019 to receive an email from the Medical School admissions team (not UCAS) inviting them to attend an interview. Unsuccessful applicants can expect to be notified via UCAS by approximately 20.12.2019."

If taken from here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying/whathappens
I assume both due to the title of the page and nothing explicitly stating separate dates for A101.
Original post by aallisonn

I applied for graduate and undergraduate. Both acknowledgement emails state identical states
Original post by 548
If taken from here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying/whathappens
I assume both due to the title of the page and nothing explicitly stating separate dates for A101.

Yup it was taken from there.
Original post by ben444
I applied for graduate and undergraduate. Both acknowledgement emails state identical states

Thanks guys!
Has anyone received an interview invite yet?
Original post by Cellular-Suicide

I haven't yet, no.
Original post by Cellular-Suicide

Nope, invites will be sent by Friday.
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone have any updates yet ?
I haven't heard anything yet, no.
Haven't heard anything either

Latest

Trending

Trending