The Student Room Group

after school

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
what would people choose given the option of either white shirt, black trousers/ skirt, black shoes, school tie and school blazer or black trousers, black shoes, school polo shirt, school sweatshirt
Original post by Simon0276
most at my school wear the polo shirt but I always wear the tie and blazer uniform. if you had that choice what would you pick??

do you mean a polo shirt as uniform? because we only have a polo shirt for pe & a actual shirt for school
Reply 22
Original post by www.ella
do you mean a polo shirt as uniform? because we only have a polo shirt for pe & a actual shirt for school

yeh we can wear a school polo shirt or shirt, tie and blazer. what would you pick given the choice?
yeh we can wear a school polo shirt or shirt, tie and blazer. what would you pick given the choice?

idk tbh, the shirt, tie & blazer combo always looks smarter but the polo shirt i’d say is more comfortable, depends on my mood as to what i’d wear if i had the choice
Reply 24
idk tbh, the shirt, tie & blazer combo always looks smarter but the polo shirt i’d say is more comfortable, depends on my mood as to what i’d wear if i had the choice

I never wear the polo shirt lol I hate it. most at my school does but they wear a polo shirt and blazer which looks weird lol. what do you think you would pick the majority of the time
I never wear the polo shirt lol I hate it. most at my school does but they wear a polo shirt and blazer which looks weird lol. what do you think you would pick the majority of the time

probably the blazer because it’s warmer & it looks smarter & like you actually wanna be there
Reply 26
probably the blazer because it’s warmer & it looks smarter & like you actually wanna be there

would u have some polo shirts tho and would you wear it sometimes instead of normal uniform? if you did would you wear a blazer with it. I just dont feel I'm in my uniform if I wore that
Reply 27
a lot at my school trying to get school ties banned so everyone has to wear the polo shirt. I would hate that
would u have some polo shirts tho and would you wear it sometimes instead of normal uniform? if you did would you wear a blazer with it. I just dont feel I'm in my uniform if I wore that

blazer + polo shirt = no
absolutely not! i don’t know, i just can’t envision a polo shirt & a blazer put together let alone looking decent
Reply 29
blazer + polo shirt = no
absolutely not! i don’t know, i just can’t envision a polo shirt & a blazer put together let alone looking decent

I know. I feel the same it looks awful. I would hate if my school ditched ties and made us wear polo shirts I would feel terrible having to throw my tie away. I know some who wear ties wear them really scruffy and the school thinks it makes it look bad so their is a genuine argument for replacing ties with the school polo shirt
I know. I feel the same it looks awful. I would hate if my school ditched ties and made us wear polo shirts I would feel terrible having to throw my tie away. I know some who wear ties wear them really scruffy and the school thinks it makes it look bad so their is a genuine argument for replacing ties with the school polo shirt

they shouldn’t have to change the uniform for that purpose really, they should talk to the pupils who wear the uniform badly & put punishments in place if they don’t at least try to change after being told once already.

or at least that’s what i think
Reply 31
they shouldn’t have to change the uniform for that purpose really, they should talk to the pupils who wear the uniform badly & put punishments in place if they don’t at least try to change after being told once already.

or at least that’s what i think

I think so too. The vast majority wear the polo shirt tho so I'm getting to stage where I feel I should stop wearing the tie and blazer and do what everyone else is doing? what would you do keep wearing your blazer and tie neat and smart or ditch the tie and just wear the school polo shirt to fit in
I think so too. The vast majority wear the polo shirt tho so I'm getting to stage where I feel I should stop wearing the tie and blazer and do what everyone else is doing? what would you do keep wearing your blazer and tie neat and smart or ditch the tie and just wear the school polo shirt to fit in

personally, however, hard it may seem, i wouldn’t change you for the satisfaction of others. if you want to wear the blazer & tie combo, you wear that even if everybody else doesn’t wear that. i mean however, if the school rules change well yeah, you’ll have to change unless you want to be rebellious but i doubt your rebellion wouldn’t last long before punishment occurs. but you shouldn’t let your peer group change you unless you want it too
so earlier today I had to go into school for a open day. I was required to wear my full uniform. my dad cant understand why I am still in my uniform including my blazer and tie. does anyone else stay in uniform after school or is my dad right should I get changed. or at least lose the tie and blazer? I usually just stay in uniform as I find it comfortable

I feel for you cos i dont mind wearing school uniform after school all i do is just take my blazer off and i leave my tie on neatly but my parents always tell me to change
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous#9
I feel for you cos i dont mind wearing school uniform after school all i do is just take my blazer off and i leave my tie on neatly but my parents always tell me to change

my parents dont seem to mind as much if I take off the blazer and tie, they say they can understand if I wore the school polo shirt but dont think I should stay in blazer and tie
my parents dont seem to mind as much if I take off the blazer and tie, they say they can understand if I wore the school polo shirt but dont think I should stay in blazer and tie

Personally i wouldnt wear my uniform without the tie it doesnt feel right
Reply 36
Personally i wouldnt wear my uniform without the tie it doesnt feel right

ur joking ain't u
ur joking ain't u

Im actually not i wear my tie neatly after school
Reply 38
Im actually not i wear my tie neatly after school

dont u get told to take it off?? my parents moan at me to loosen it or take it off. my sister other week yanked it and I took it off and re tied it beat back on. I actually thought myself that was a bit sad
dont u get told to take it off?? my parents moan at me to loosen it or take it off. my sister other week yanked it and I took it off and re tied it beat back on. I actually thought myself that was a bit sad

I do get told to take it off but i leave it on anyway last time i left my tie on i was moaned at

Quick Reply

Latest