The Student Room Group

Trainee probation intake 7b

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Happyone95
Ah well done! It came through saying alert- OH assist questionnaire! Mine only came through last night though! Have you done the pre-employment checks? What area have you applied for?

I’m southwest. I keep checking my email and nothing yet. I’ve not done the pre employment checks yet as I haven’t received that either. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks and well done!
I received an conditional offer too just waiting on the oh assessment and pre employment. I called yesterday and they said not to worry their recruitment are just working their way through a mound ATM.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 22
Im really concerned now, I had my assessment centre on the 21/8 then email saying I'd been successful on the 28/8 but i havent recieved the OH questionnaire or the vetting checks
Original post by ALl97
Im really concerned now, I had my assessment centre on the 21/8 then email saying I'd been successful on the 28/8 but i havent recieved the OH questionnaire or the vetting checks

Are you able to ring or email? I know they normally send a generic one to say be patient but worth a go! My timeline so far is:

Assessment day- 30th August
Conditional offer- 5th September
Pre employment checks- 16th September
OH assist questionnaire- 18th September
Pre employment checks completed- 4th October

I’m waiting on location and contract but only just passed my checks yesterday so expecting another lengthy wait! X
Reply 24
Are you able to ring or email? I know they normally send a generic one to say be patient but worth a go! My timeline so far is:

Assessment day- 30th August
Conditional offer- 5th September
Pre employment checks- 16th September
OH assist questionnaire- 18th September
Pre employment checks completed- 4th October

I’m waiting on location and contract but only just passed my checks yesterday so expecting another lengthy wait! X

Ive emailed and called numerous times, they just keep telling me to be patient and theyre very busy. So not much luck on that front. What area did you apply for?
Original post by ALl97
Ive emailed and called numerous times, they just keep telling me to be patient and theyre very busy. So not much luck on that front. What area did you apply for?

Ah it’s so frustrating isn’t it! The whole process is long! I’ve applied For South Wales so hoping for a space in Jan! You?
Reply 26
Ah it’s so frustrating isn’t it! The whole process is long! I’ve applied For South Wales so hoping for a space in Jan! You?

It really is. And i applied for Midlands also hoping for a space in January but thats looking unlikely now. My fingers are crossed for you!
Hiya,
I was told that I was successful and received a provisional offer on 09/09/19 from NPS recruitment and then received an email from MoJ on 30/09/19 with a conditional offer subject to pre employment checks.
I completed my pre employment checks on 6/10/19 and now I'm waiting for my checks to be completed and my location to be offered. Like everyone else the wait has been and is horrible!! I feel like my life is on hold while I anxiously wait to see if I will be offered a location to start in January! On the other PQiP 7 discussions I can see people from intake 7A receiving their locations for January starts which is starting to make me think that intake 7B applicants wont be placed in January :-(

What does everyone else think?
I applied for the London Division
I got an placement offer today however it's too far for me. Has anyone else declined there offer and been given somewhere closer?
Original post by Tuna fish
I got an placement offer today however it's too far for me. Has anyone else declined there offer and been given somewhere closer?

Similar my location offer was just to far away with poor transport trian links or amlong car commute . I haven't heard anything since I replied and declined the location offer email.
Original post by Tipperary22
Similar my location offer was just to far away with poor transport trian links or amlong car commute . I haven't heard anything since I replied and declined the location offer email.

Me neither but when I called they said on or before the 8th we maybe offered an alternative location.if we decline we will be put on the waiting list but be very unlikely we are offered anywhere else and will need to reapply in 12 months
Original post by Tuna fish
Me neither but when I called they said on or before the 8th we maybe offered an alternative location.if we decline we will be put on the waiting list but be very unlikely we are offered anywhere else and will need to reapply in 12 months

thanks for the info.. I guess they have to wait untill everyone responds to location offers sent out (my offer stated reply by 3 november) then they will see whats left to fill. Im not holding my breath for another offer for this intake. anyway fingers crossed for all who had to decline location offers :smile:.. will update if by some miracle I get another location ..
Update .. to recap I declined my location offer last Wednesday 23rd October due to it being to far away to commute. today recieved another location offer ! 30ish minute commute which is much much better . My first offer was at a probation service office , this offer is with a partner CRC on a secondment basis.
Original post by Tipperary22
Update .. to recap I declined my location offer last Wednesday 23rd October due to it being to far away to commute. today recieved another location offer ! 30ish minute commute which is much much better . My first offer was at a probation service office , this offer is with a partner CRC on a secondment basis.wow

Wow that's amazing! Congratulations! I've got my fingers crossed that they will come up with something for me too
Reply 34
Original post by ALl97
It really is. And i applied for Midlands also hoping for a space in January but thats looking unlikely now. My fingers are crossed for you!

I also applied for Midlands, have you heard back? I was in the 7b cohort and there wasnt a space available for January :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by RobynTE
I also applied for Midlands, have you heard back? I was in the 7b cohort and there wasnt a space available for January :frown:

Hello, yeah i got the same email. It's all confusing though because I only know of 1 person who got offered the Midlands and they had to decline it. I havent even passed pre employment checks yet
Reply 36
Original post by ALl97
Hello, yeah i got the same email. It's all confusing though because I only know of 1 person who got offered the Midlands and they had to decline it. I havent even passed pre employment checks yet

Hello, oh really why did they decline? It said on the website that there was high amount of vacancies going in the black country and medium in Derbyshire and coventry/solihull/Warwickshire so I don't get it either. July is such a long time to wait. I think theyve given the jobs to the people from the 7A cohort, so I'm hoping we will get priority in July. They told me I passed my pre employment checks a month ago I've been waiting every since for that disappointing email.
Reply 37
Original post by RobynTE
Hello, oh really why did they decline? It said on the website that there was high amount of vacancies going in the black country and medium in Derbyshire and coventry/solihull/Warwickshire so I don't get it either. July is such a long time to wait. I think theyve given the jobs to the people from the 7A cohort, so I'm hoping we will get priority in July. They told me I passed my pre employment checks a month ago I've been waiting every since for that disappointing email.

It was ages away from where they lived. The whole thing seems very unorganised. It is really disappointing, i've been wanting this job for ages
Reply 38
Original post by ALl97
It was ages away from where they lived. The whole thing seems very unorganised. It is really disappointing, i've been wanting this job for ages

Yeah same!
I received a offer to work in Romford. I am supposed to start on the 13th of January 2020 and my life seems to be on hold and I am finding it difficult to concentrate on my present job which I am desperate to leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending