The Student Room Group

Should i apply for university, not knowing what i really want to do?

I am currently in year 13, I want to apply for university this year but I'm not sure it's worth it as I have a range of subjects I am interested in studying (Law, accounting, environmental science,forensic science and human geography)a real mix based on A Levels - and I seriously don't know what to do. I've been to every university open day that I would like to go to when I do go to university and it hasn't helped me shortlist any specific courses at all :frown: Im having a mid A-Levels crisis, should I really be applying this year and potentially do a course I am not passionate about or have a gap year and use that time to find what I am truly passionate about? I've spoken to all my teachers and they are suggesting that I apply this year as I get a reference which will help me, and if I change my mind then kind of 'deal with it later'??? thoughts?
If you were to apply this year, which course would you apply for?
I would apply to a course this year. You can defer your entry if you want longer to think , or apply through clearing if you change your mind.
Original post by confuzzledteen
If you were to apply this year, which course would you apply for?

most probably law right now
Original post by Meg1Smith
I would apply to a course this year. You can defer your entry if you want longer to think , or apply through clearing if you change your mind.

Do you know when is the latest i can defer? is it around clearing time?
Original post by imstrugglingg
Do you know when is the latest i can defer? is it around clearing time?

I believe you can defer in the august before but not through ucas - you'd have to contact the university admissions team
Think about what u could be doing for the rest of your life - will u ever get bored of it, are u really interested and compassionate about it, e.g. law if you're interested and are willing to work hard u can have fun and get a lot of money too :smile:
Original post by khadija.khatun
Think about what u could be doing for the rest of your life - will u ever get bored of it, are u really interested and compassionate about it, e.g. law if you're interested and are willing to work hard u can have fun and get a lot of money too :smile:

Thought about it, think Im going to apply for some Law and some Accounting courses, solely because Ive always somewhat wanted to go into that sector:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending