A LEVEL ARABIC NEW SPEC, need help!!

Scroll to see replies

Attachment not found

Have you seen this?
Reply 21
Original post by AnonymousGuest
Attachment not found

Have you seen this?

No i havent, is this book good/ does it relate to the exam board?
Just asking, have you done tthe a level exam?
Original post by xxlaila03xx
Syriann?
Sameee

Palestinian Syrian yes :smile:
Original post by nickolai
No i havent, is this book good/ does it relate to the exam board?
Just asking, have you done tthe a level exam?

No I'm not planning do it. I'm already going to do 4 A Levels, I don't think I can manage 5 A Levels. And the guide is specific to the Edexcel 2018 specification. It says:

"A unique guide, combining grammar teaching, guidelines for translation between Arabic and English, and writing guidelines.

The first guide of its kind, written specifically for the Arabic GCE/A-level examinations, based on EdexcelĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s NEW, 2018 Arabic Specification.Includes a concise presentation of the grammar topics required at this level.Includes detailed advice, with step-by-step instructions and examples, on how to translate from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic.Includes plenty of exercises in Arabic to English and English to Arabic translation for the different areas of life experience and activities.Encourages active learning by the provision of ample spaces for attending to the grammar and translation exercises, which should also support teachers and tutors in setting homework and in assessing and marking.Includes detailed advice, with examples, on punctuation, style and handwriting.Introduces planning for the writing tasks and lists methods normally used, including mind-maps with step-by-step instructions and examples.Includes detailed teaching on how to produce summaries and writing evaluations and conclusions as required in the Specification.Uses English translation within the grammar lessons, and English throughout the translation and writing lessons.All introductions to the chapters are in English."
what year are you in?? I got an a* at gcse and sitting it the new spec now for the first time and im a little confused. i read through the spec and it seems relatively straightforward discrediting the literature side of it.

Iā€™m year 13 I did the Arabic a level last year with the old spec and got a D and E looool. But that was with not a lot of research done. Iā€™m resitting with the new spec and the only things that have changed are that they added a 3rd listening paper and got rid of the ā€˜tashkeelā€™ section thank god. But yeah still donā€™t know what resources to use and my school ofc doesnā€™t provide any.
Im iraqi

oof I meant the other one
But oo Iraqi, we're neighbours
Original post by idkanyusername
Palestinian Syrian yes :smile:

nicee
Although I spoke in the Syrian dialect in the Speaking exam and wrote in it in my Writing and got a 9
I don't think it's too much of an issue
As long as you pronounce all the qaafs it sounds like Fusha
Reply 27
Original post by AnonymousGuest
No I'm not planning do it. I'm already going to do 4 A Levels, I don't think I can manage 5 A Levels. And the guide is specific to the Edexcel 2018 specification. It says:

"A unique guide, combining grammar teaching, guidelines for translation between Arabic and English, and writing guidelines.

The first guide of its kind, written specifically for the Arabic GCE/A-level examinations, based on EdexcelĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s NEW, 2018 Arabic Specification.Includes a concise presentation of the grammar topics required at this level.Includes detailed advice, with step-by-step instructions and examples, on how to translate from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic.Includes plenty of exercises in Arabic to English and English to Arabic translation for the different areas of life experience and activities.Encourages active learning by the provision of ample spaces for attending to the grammar and translation exercises, which should also support teachers and tutors in setting homework and in assessing and marking.Includes detailed advice, with examples, on punctuation, style and handwriting.Introduces planning for the writing tasks and lists methods normally used, including mind-maps with step-by-step instructions and examples.Includes detailed teaching on how to produce summaries and writing evaluations and conclusions as required in the Specification.Uses English translation within the grammar lessons, and English throughout the translation and writing lessons.All introductions to the chapters are in English."

Oh thank you so much!! Youre in year 12/13 then? what are your 4 a levels??
nicee
Although I spoke in the Syrian dialect in the Speaking exam and wrote in it in my Writing and got a 9
I don't think it's too much of an issue
As long as you pronounce all the qaafs it sounds like Fusha

Yeah the writings not much of an issue itā€™s the research :frown:
Reply 29
Iā€™m year 13 I did the Arabic a level last year with the old spec and got a D and E looool. But that was with not a lot of research done. Iā€™m resitting with the new spec and the only things that have changed are that they added a 3rd listening paper and got rid of the ā€˜tashkeelā€™ section thank god. But yeah still donā€™t know what resources to use and my school ofc doesnā€™t provide any.

ahhh thats peak loool

Ohhh im quite good with arabic and have all my literarture stuff patterned so if you need help with it let me know i can direct you to stuff. do you habe a private tutor??
Reply 30
oof I meant the other one
But oo Iraqi, we're neighbours

Yess, are you sitting the a level too?

Stress
That's why I'm probably not doing it
Reply 32

is there research for gcse now???
Original post by SlightlySummer
What textbook do you think is the best for GCSE? (Fusha)

Well 'My Arabic Friend' is probably the only one.
As long as you notice the frequent translation errors, it's ok
ahhh thats peak loool

Ohhh im quite good with arabic and have all my literarture stuff patterned so if you need help with it let me know i can direct you to stuff. do you habe a private tutor??

I mean Iā€™m supposed to get someone to help me out but I might focus on doing that later. Could you direct me to some literature pls x
is there research for gcse now???

No Iā€™m doing a level not gcses
Reply 36
Original post by SlightlySummer
What textbook do you think is the best for GCSE? (Fusha)

i did the gcse back in 2015 and i used my arabic friend it was really good i got 100% A* in my gcse.
Oh thank you so much!! Youre in year 12/13 then? what are your 4 a levels??

No I'm in Year 11 that's why I said "I'm planning to do". I'm going to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science because I want to study Computer Science at a top university. If i chose a levels based on what I like, I would definitely have chosen Humanities(Gov and Politics etc) and Languages but I reserve them as rather passtimes or hobbies instead of doing an examination in them.
Reply 38
I mean Iā€™m supposed to get someone to help me out but I might focus on doing that later. Could you direct me to some literature pls x

Yes, so do you know what novel/film youre going to do or have you not looked at that yet?
Reply 39
ohh right yeah im really confused on the research bit do you have any idea about it?
No Iā€™m doing a level not gcses

Quick Reply

Latest