The Student Room Group

The road to Yr11 - Yr10 GYG

I've seen a bunch of these, so I've decided to start one of my own.
Hopefully this stops me form procrastinating :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck! How're you finding Year 10 so far?
Reply 2
My subjects:

Spoiler

Predicted grades:

Spoiler

What I want to get:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by diyoza
Good luck! How're you finding Year 10 so far?

Not bad, although everything would be much better if I could stop procrastinating.
Reply 4
SATURDAY 05/10/2019

School starts again tomorrow so I need to finish up a few things as I have some mid-terms coming up this week:

I need to revise for my History mid-term - This Monday :s-smilie:

Do my Arabic HW

Bio notes + revision

Yesterday I did some revision but I could have been wayyyyy more productive. All I did was read through the History topics that are coming in the exam and write up two exam style essays. I'll try to be more productive today but I doubt that will happen. :nyan:
Heyy:smile:

What are these subjects about btw:
IGCSE English SL - compulsory but IDK why
Government issued Arabic
Government issued Islamic
Reply 6
Original post by Obolinda
Heyy:smile:

What are these subjects about btw:
IGCSE English SL - compulsory but IDK why
Government issued Arabic
Government issued Islamic

English SL - English second language is compulsory to get a graduation certificate as I study in an Arabic country, so even if your doing English at a higher level (English lang/lit) you still need to do it as a second language. It's basically English at a much easier level, since most students have Arabic listed as their first language.

Government issued Arabic/Islamic - The ministry of education has their own books that are given to schools for Arabic and Islamic. In terms of Arabic it's studying Arabic grammar and understanding different Arabic texts. All students take Arabic and are divided into Native and Non-Native. For Islamic all Muslims take it and we study Islamic beliefs and passages in the Quran. In terms of Islamic it is also divided into Native and Non-Native. People with different beliefs take Citizenship, but I don't really know what they do there. :smile:

BTW I don't really know why the groups are labelled as Native and Non-Native - It's just people that speak Arabic as their first language or don't

:party::party::party:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
SUNDAY 06/10/2019

Guess what.....

Spoiler

So that's not great but it was also expected :dontknow:

Today my goals are:

Finish up my history essay that I started in school

Do mindmaps on some of the History topics

Start Stem Cell notes for Bio

Finish off the "Whistle and I'll come to you" table that I didn't finish in class.

If I finish all of that - which is a very big IF - do more Bio notes...?

We'll see what I actually end up finishing :tongue:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
𝒯𝐻𝒰𝑅𝒮𝒟𝒜𝒴 𝟣𝟢/𝟣𝟢/𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟫

My week was not very productive:

SUNDAY:

Did some exam style questions from the history textbook

Made 4 (maybe 5) mind maps on different history sub-topics

MONDAY:
So my history exam went pretty well. Two of the questions were from the exam-style questions I had done so I hope I get high marks on those two. In terms of the 16 mark question I felt like I had a lot of points For and Against the statement but I don't think I developed them enough.

Biology revision - Wednesday

TUESDAY:

More Bio revision :cry:

Some Chemistry revision - Wednesday

WEDNESDAY:
So I had both my Chemistry and Biology exams today. As you can tell, I didn't do that much Chemistry revision because I was told the test was multiple choice.
SPOILER ALERT:

Spoiler

It didn't go badly because it was a small test and I also knew a lot of the answers because the topic we were taking did not have a lot of things you need to memorise - mostly just understanding. So we'll see what my mark is on Wednesday if my teacher finished grading the papers.
Biology didn't go too well either because for some reason I just decided to not revise a whole topic, and the exam was mostly that topic so that was great. I know I should've revised better and that I can't even expect a 6 with the amount of revision I am doing, but IDK, maybe self-sabotage?

Revised for my English Exam - Thursday

THURSDAY:
So on Wednesday our teacher gave us two possible questions for the exam:

Something about ideas of money in "The Necklace"

How does the writer present feelings of isolation in "Whistle and I'll come to you"?

I felt prepared for "The Necklace" as we had already done some practice PEAZAL paragraphs and I had a decent amount of annotation. For "Whistle and I'll come to you" I had no clue what to write, so I typed the question up online and found some model essays.
The exam turned out to be the second question, and I think I'm getting my grade sometime next week...

WHAT I WILL DO THIS WEEKEND:
Next week I have a total of four exams:

Math midterm - SUNDAY 13/10/2019

Computer Science midterm - TUESDAY 15/10/2019

GOV Islamic midterm - TUESDAY 15/10/2019

GOV Arabic midterm - THURSDAY 17/10/2019

Today I plan on revising Computer Science but I doubt I'll get much done (8:24PM right now). I don't really have much of a schedule but I will revise try to:

Finish Math

Get most of Computer Science and Islamic done

Maybe start Arabic as well but I don't think I will

That's all for now :smile:
:nyan::nyan::nyan:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
MONDAY 14/10/2019

Ranting:

Spoiler

This isn't really much of an update, I just wanted to let out how I was feeling.
I had a Math mid-term yesterday, and instead of finding the total of something I multiplied all the numbers together. I genuinely don't know why I decided to do that but it's cool. Other than that there was a hard surds question that I gave up on but it wasn't too bad.
Tomorrow I have:

Computer Science mid-topic test

Gov Islamic mid-term test

:nyan: :nyan: :nyan:
(edited 4 years ago)
You don't seem like a brat :no: I get the frustration
Reply 11
WEDNESDAY 23/10/2019

So I've done nothing...

Spoiler

I honestly have just given myself a break, even though there was never really much to take a break from, seeing as I am a super duper procrastinator. :smile:

So yah, nothing happened, but it's my half-term holiday so I guess it's fine.

I've started cycling daily which has been nice, especially since the weather isn't boiling anymore. Other then that I've been playing on my PlayStation and I just finished playing the Last Of Us Remastered. That game is AMAZINGGGGGGGGG! I decided to get it since it was the game of the month thingie and I can't waitttttt for the second part.

Actual spoiler about the game:

Spoiler

It's nice you cycle! I can't even ride a bike!:tongue:
hey I'm in year 10 too :smile: can I be tagged?
Reply 14
Original post by lean1bean
hey I'm in year 10 too :smile: can I be tagged?

Yah sure!
How do I do that? :rofl3:
Original post by X__X
Yah sure!
How do I do that? :rofl3:

when you post, type @lean1bean and I'll be tagged :cool:
Reply 16
FRIDAY 01/11/2019

So school has started again.
Not much happened this week but I DID have parent consultation day on Tuesday. IDK how it would work in other schools but we basically just have the whole day to go to our various teachers with our parents. I was also told that I have end of topic tests in all three of my sciences which is WONDERFUL.

My goals for today are:

Finish my History HW

Finish my Position Paper

Fix my English anthology because it is falling apart

Start Chemistry revision - This Thursday

Spoiler

Year 10 here too.
Could I have a tag?
Reply 18
Original post by Satyr
Year 10 here too.
Could I have a tag?

Sure! :smile:
Reply 19
Mini update

Gahhhhh! I have done barely any work.
From the four tasks I gave myself to complete, I have finished two, and it's MONDAY!!!

So that is great, especially since I have a chemistry end of topic test on Thursday.

I'm going to try and be more productive, and also be realistic in terms of the number of tasks I can complete in a day.

tag list:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply