The Student Room Group

A-Level Edexcel Mathematics

I am curious to see if my school are behind on schedule when it comes to Edexcel A-level Mathematics (Pure Maths, Statistics, Mechanics). Anyone who does edexcel Mathematics at A-level, which chapters are your cohort currently in, for pure, stats and mechanics ?
Original post by Exdoz
I am curious to see if my school are behind on schedule when it comes to Edexcel A-level Mathematics (Pure Maths, Statistics, Mechanics). Anyone who does edexcel Mathematics at A-level, which chapters are your cohort currently in, for pure, stats and mechanics ?

Differentiation. So far we’ve done all of algebra ,excluding proof, circles/geometry, binomial expansion and that’s probably it really
Reply 2
Original post by jduxie4414
Differentiation. So far we’ve done all of algebra ,excluding proof, circles/geometry, binomial expansion and that’s probably it really

You do Edexcel?
What about Stats and Mechanics?
from pure maths we have done chapters 1-8, just starting chapter 12 and most likely 9 next lesson (((: we are doing stats after pure!
Reply 4
Original post by pipthesqueak
from pure maths we have done chapters 1-8, just starting chapter 12 and most likely 9 next lesson (((: we are doing stats after pure!

So you guys are simultaneously starting Chapters 12 (vectors) and 9 (differnetiation) from next week?

Is your class not starting Stats at all until Pure finishes? What about Mechanics?
We’ve done chapters 1-8 for pure, currently on 12 (going to go over 9-11 after). Not starting stats or mechanics until after pure. Where are you up to?
Reply 6
Original post by bleh_bleh
We’ve done chapters 1-8 for pure, currently on 12 (going to go over 9-11 after). Not starting stats or mechanics until after pure. Where are you up to?

Pure: Ch 9
Mechanics: Ch 4
Stats: Ch 1
Original post by Exdoz
So you guys are simultaneously starting Chapters 12 (vectors) and 9 (differnetiation) from next week?

Is your class not starting Stats at all until Pure finishes? What about Mechanics?

thing is we have two teachers who are doing pure maths separately, so i’m pretty sure we are doing stats and mechanics after we finish pure maths
I feel like my school is so far behind.
Pure: chapter 5
Stats: chapter 2
Mechanics: chapter 9
Reply 9
Original post by jemima0103
I feel like my school is so far behind.
Pure: chapter 5
Stats: chapter 2
Mechanics: chapter 9

Chapter 9 for mechanics? How does that work out. There's only 4 chapters in Year 2- and the last one is 8. Maybe you do AQA?

Yep for Pure I will say you guys are quite behind. You may need to read ahead yourself. Nothing really gets difficult till Chapter 9 (differentiation) so you may not have any problems till then.
Original post by Exdoz
Chapter 9 for mechanics? How does that work out. There's only 4 chapters in Year 2- and the last one is 8. Maybe you do AQA?

Yep for Pure I will say you guys are quite behind. You may need to read ahead yourself. Nothing really gets difficult till Chapter 9 (differentiation) so you may not have any problems till then.

I'm on year 1/AS

Quick Reply

Latest