The Student Room Group

What case or cases define Battery?

Hi there,

I have been searching for many hours trying to find (a) the definition of battery, and (b) the case of which the definition can be found. Unfortunately my quest has been to no avail.

Please would someone be so kind as to direct me to the relevant authorities?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by GeorgeMoriarty
Hi there,

I have been searching for many hours trying to find (a) the definition of battery, and (b) the case of which the definition can be found. Unfortunately my quest has been to no avail.

Please would someone be so kind as to direct me to the relevant authorities?

Thanks in advance.

Battery: a container comprising one of more cells of chemicals where a reaction liberates electrons to create a current and hence distribution of electrical energy in a circuit.

Common case sizes:

AA or LR6
AAA or LR03
C or LR14
D or LR20
PP3 or 6LR61

Alternately: a fortified emplacement of heavy artillery or missiles.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by uberteknik
Battery: a container comprising one of more cells of chemicals where a reaction liberates electrons to create a current and hence distribution of electrical energy in a circuit.

Common case sizes:

AA or LR6
AAA or LR03
C or LR14
D or LR20
PP3 or 6LR61

Alternately: a fortified emplacement of heavy artillery or missiles.

Spoiler

😂😂 well that was inevitable

Your guide is absolutely fantastic, thanks a million for posting it in the public domain!
Just a question about Ireland - did Lord Steyn define what the offence was? I could not tell for the life of me, because the law report (WLR) talked about barristers making comment so I thought it was not the comments of Lord Steyn. Could you confirm if it was Steyn?

Thanks so much!!
No problem! My copy is [1998] A.C. 147 so I can't give you the exact place in WLR. In AC, its at page 161. You want the second paragraph under the heading 'Reg. v. Ireland: was there an assault?'. That's part of Steyn's judgement.
Original post by IpsaLoquitur
No problem! My copy is [1998] A.C. 147 so I can't give you the exact place in WLR. In AC, its at page 161. You want the second paragraph under the heading 'Reg. v. Ireland: was there an assault?'. That's part of Steyn's judgement.

Ah fantastic. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending