The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography case studies

It's me asking about geography again lol..

Basically I was just wondering what to do when every single source I've looked at has different statistics.. e.g. for the 2015 Nepal Earthquake, I have been told there was 9000 deaths, 8632 deaths or 8841 deaths and even more random numbers for the amount of injuries..

So do the exam boards (AQA) penalise you if your statistics are wrong or doesn't it matter as long as it sounds reasonable?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by RyanC_
It's me asking about geography again lol..

Basically I was just wondering what to do when every single source I've looked at has different statistics.. e.g. for the 2015 Nepal Earthquake, I have been told there was 9000 deaths, 8632 deaths or 8841 deaths and even more random numbers for the amount of injuries..

So do the exam boards (AQA) penalise you if your statistics are wrong or doesn't it matter as long as it sounds reasonable?

Thanks in advance :smile:

It doesn’t matter. They won’t fact check you although keep it realistic. Don’t say stuff like “7 billion people died in Hurricane Katrina” if you get what I mean
Reply 2
Original post by User135792468
It doesn’t matter. They won’t fact check you although keep it realistic. Don’t say stuff like “7 billion people died in Hurricane Katrina” if you get what I mean

Okay, thank you :biggrin:
hi! i’m also doing AQA GCSE geography & i’m really enjoying it so far ~ i probably sound so boring here lmao.
AQA won’t penalise you for whatever you put the death toll as in the exam, on the condition that you’ve stated it as a reasonable number. so, using your example of the nepal 2015 earthquake i’d try & remember 8500 deaths. i tend to give a number to two significant figures - but that’s just what suits me & that’s what i can remember. but anywhere near the numbers you stated would be accepted & scoring points for you in the exam.
hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending