The Student Room Group

How to save your files on Windows

I have experienced a problem last time with my laptop, in which a lot of my files somehow got deleted.
I am going to be using my laptop to write up the majority of my school notes onto it (saved in documents) and hence I don't want to risk any chances of it being deleted. Does anyone know how to prevent it from happening?
Original post by Exdoz
I have experienced a problem last time with my laptop, in which a lot of my files somehow got deleted.
I am going to be using my laptop to write up the majority of my school notes onto it (saved in documents) and hence I don't want to risk any chances of it being deleted. Does anyone know how to prevent it from happening?

I would save it onto an online programme like Google Drive or OneDrive, so there is no chance of it being deleted.
Reply 2
Original post by Suchomimus
I would save it onto an online programme like Google Drive or OneDrive, so there is no chance of it being deleted.

How do you do that? I'm not good with technology :/
Original post by Exdoz

Go to one of these websites and sign up:

https://www.google.com drive
https://onedrive.live.com about en-gb
Reply 4
Yep I'm using word. I do save manually first, then I use Ctrl+S. But my files literally just deleted- not the content within it, the whole folder deleted and there were many sub-folders within it. I lost everything

And how do I back up the work to OneDrive? I'm not good with technology.
Original post by Exdoz
Yep I'm using word. I do save manually first, then I use Ctrl+S. But my files literally just deleted- not the content within it, the whole folder deleted and there were many sub-folders within it. I lost everything

And how do I back up the work to OneDrive? I'm not good with technology.

I'm not too sure about OneDrive, as I have never used it myself. However, on Google Drive, you can type your documents within the website.
Original post by Exdoz

Google it.

Quick Reply

Latest