The Student Room Group

Airbus game based assessment arctic shores

hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone has completed the game based assessment from arctic shores for airbus or another company like PwC, as I am so baffled as to how to even approach preparing for the game, any tips? has anyone found an online testing website where we can practice similar games? I was wondering for anyone who completed the game based assessment on whether it was similar to games by lumosity.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've heard that you can't really prepare for them. The point is that there is no right or wrong just whether or not you're a good fit for the particular role. Having said that I did a game style assessment for Unilever which required hardly any effort to sign up for to apply for their grad scheme. It gives you a good idea of roughly the kind of thing to expect.

Basically this kind of thing ends up coming down to luck. I think it's just a way for the company to cut down on applicants fairly randomly.

Anyhow, good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)
As roar96 said, you cannot prepare for them. I had the Airbus one; arctic shores. It is basically just catching stupid fireflies. There are three rounds:

1-Repeat a sequence; there are 4 jars Purple(Blueish), Red, Yellow, and Green. They flash in order, for example, Y,Y,G,R,B. Then you need to tap those colours to repeat the sequence.

2-Throwing fruits to a jar to release fireflies. There are two baskets for fruits. In one basket you have a fruit that releases 1firefly. In the other basket, there are two types of fruit which are named superfruits. One fruit does not release any fireflies (bomb fruit) and the other fruit releases 3 (good fruit). However, after every round, the baskets change. So in one round, you have the majority of the fruits as good fruit and in another round, the majority becomes bomb fruit. Pay attention to the proportion of fruits in the superfruit basket.

3-Basically there are 5 or 6 different type of jars. 5,10,25,50,100 something like this, I can't remember the exact numbers. So the idea is, they randomly appear on the screen; say that 10 appeared. After that, there is a ready... on the screen, as soon as it becomes fire you need to click to catapult there. The earlier you click more fireflies you release. If you click when it says ready, the jar is wasted (which is not mentioned in the instructions bit).

I did PWC's game based assessment test, and I was convinced that it was actually assessing people. There were many rounds and also numerical reasoning and the IQ test one where you needed to find the next shape (Don't know what is it called).

However, this test is completely stupid. There are only three rounds. If you screw up in one, you are basically done. On top of this, what is the idea of clicking to screen as fast as possible when fire appears? psychometric test my ass. I understand there are massive numbers of applications but this should not be the way to lower the numbers.

Anyways, good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by roar96
I've heard that you can't really prepare for them. The point is that there is no right or wrong just whether or not you're a good fit for the particular role. Having said that I did a game style assessment for Unilever which required hardly any effort to sign up for to apply for their grad scheme. It gives you a good idea of roughly the kind of thing to expect.

Basically this kind of thing ends up coming down to luck. I think it's just a way for the company to cut down on applicants fairly randomly.

Anyhow, good luck!

Thank You so much, I completed it and fortunately was successful at this stage I think the only thing to practice for is the memory game as memory skills can be improved by playing brain training games but otherwise agree with you!
Hello, how many points are needed to pass the further stages?
hi,Have you passed your psychometric test. I did it on friday. The report generated has mixed personality assessment. Im not sure tbh. How long after the test did they tell you , you have passed to the next stage?
Reply 6
I want to get this out here.

These games are a joke. They don't measure anything meaningful. A load of nonsense. Any company that uses these games are deplorable. I don't particularly like the psychometric tests but at least the ones like numerical and diagrammatic reasoning have a little more credibility. This is just a dumb game, I've read many people getting the most absurd reports from them. The company who develop it should be ashamed of themselves.

\end of rant.
Reply 7
Original post by tempest2287
hi,Have you passed your psychometric test. I did it on friday. The report generated has mixed personality assessment. Im not sure tbh. How long after the test did they tell you , you have passed to the next stage?

I took it 2 weeks ago and still havent heard anything, what does yours say under status?
Original post by glasses
Thank You so much, I completed it and fortunately was successful at this stage I think the only thing to practice for is the memory game as memory skills can be improved by playing brain training games but otherwise agree with you!

Hi..how much score did you get? I just finished the test today and got 8000 something.
heyy....i completed the test a month ago and my application is still under review. They would most likely respond after 9th November when most of the applications are closed.
Original post by kingkarol
heyy....i completed the test a month ago and my application is still under review. They would most likely respond after 9th November when most of the applications are closed.

Mine says assessment but I still haven't heard anything.. But yeah, you are probably right
Original post by alth15ab
Mine says assessment but I still haven't heard anything.. But yeah, you are probably right

I just emailed them, they said it means that the application is under review i.e. being assessed by one of the hiring managers. Let's hope for the best, fingers crossed :tongue:
Original post by glasses

Hi did this assessment and had a score of 7934........i have just received an email from airbus saying that they regret I didn't get through the next stage 😭. Has anyone had same score and went to the next stage? What is the criteria for pass mark?
Original post by alth15ab

Hey,
currently this is my status. Did u hear anything from them after that?
Original post by T_T_T_T_T_
Hey,
currently this is my status. Did u hear anything from them after that?

I tried contacting them, they're saying that the application is under review by the hiring manager. So they're shortlisting people for the next step most likely. We should hear from them by January I guess now.
I tried contacting them, they're saying that the application is under review by the hiring manager. So they're shortlisting people for the next step most likely. We should hear from them by January I guess now.

How did you contact them? I have tried to mail them on various email ids but haven't heard back from them in days.
Original post by T_T_T_T_T_
How did you contact them? I have tried to mail them on various email ids but haven't heard back from them in days..

They take a while to reply.

How did you contact them? Email? which email id?

And did they also tell you that short listed candidates will be contacted in January?
Hi all,

I've done these tests for two different companies now, honestly the scores must be absolutely irrelevant because you get 1000 in some games just for completing them, regardless of how you did (like the face game?)

First company I didn't get any feedback but got progressed to the next stage, second company gave me a feedback thing saying I performed in the 30th-50th percentile (i.e. average score compared to everyone else). But the feedback based on my personality didn't seem to match me at all! (Still waiting to hear if I've been progressed for this one)

Honestly such a strange way to assess us, doesn't seem fair or accurate at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending