The Student Room Group

best cheap fragrances for girls?

pls give some cheap perfume suggestions (i'm broke but ur girl still wants to smell good) i'm a teen and i love gourmand scents like vanilla and caramel, i don't mind fruit and florals as long as it's not heavy, and absolutely no patchouli. i really want to try katy perry 'meow' and 'mad love' (please tell me what they're like if you have tried them). what would u guys recommend?

Scroll to see replies

You should look in places like next for own brand fragrances.
Or eBay and buy unwanted gifts from other people
But be careful. Only buy them from sellers who have one or two. If it’s all they sell and the price is very cheap it could be fake
Original post by lorinsrem
pls give some cheap perfume suggestions (i'm broke but ur girl still wants to smell good) i'm a teen and i love gourmand scents like vanilla and caramel, i don't mind fruit and florals as long as it's not heavy, and absolutely no patchouli. i really want to try katy perry 'meow' and 'mad love' (please tell me what they're like if you have tried them). what would u guys recommend?

I personally adore Zara fragrances because they last for sooooooo long. I put perfume in the morning and in the evening when I shower I can smell it. All perfumes I've owned by Zara last long and are not pricey at all - about 10 to 20 quid.
the ariana grande ones are pretty cheap
Reply 4
Original post by themonicam
I personally adore Zara fragrances because they last for sooooooo long. I put perfume in the morning and in the evening when I shower I can smell it. All perfumes I've owned by Zara last long and are not pricey at all - about 10 to 20 quid.

thank you for the suggestion, are there any specific Zara scents that you like? (:

Original post by PastaIsLife
the ariana grande ones are pretty cheap

i own one of her fragrances but don't like them for some reason :/
thank you for the suggestion, are there any specific Zara scents that you like? (:

which one?

Okay so the thing with Zara is that their perfumes are like their clothing line so every season there are new ones and they never repeat them which really sucks as my ultimate favourite was Dark Emerald but I got that in 2017 so I doubt you'll be able to find it today. Two months ago I got Ruby Berries and they should still have it in stock. However, keep in mind that I like really sweet scents and the Ruby Berries one pretty much smells like candy, not many people fancy such smells.
Reply 7
Original post by PastaIsLife
which one?

i have the ari one and there's something really off about it to me. i also don't like moonlight (i smelled it once as my friend had it) it smelled like air freshener. i really want the cloud one as it has amazing notes but i don't have £40 lmao
Reply 8
Original post by themonicam
Okay so the thing with Zara is that their perfumes are like their clothing line so every season there are new ones and they never repeat them which really sucks as my ultimate favourite was Dark Emerald but I got that in 2017 so I doubt you'll be able to find it today. Two months ago I got Ruby Berries and they should still have it in stock. However, keep in mind that I like really sweet scents and the Ruby Berries one pretty much smells like candy, not many people fancy such smells.

is it cloyingly sweet? and i researched Zara scents and found one called 'Nuit' which has really nice notes on fragrantica and is £12.99 for 200ml, have you tried it?

Zara are good (as others mentioned), they have a Vanilla one, so does the Body Shop (they also have a really nice Smoky Rose). Lush have body sprays that are quite cheap, the Snow Fairy smells like candyfloss and lasts long. I remember River Island had one called Paris which smells like Jean Paul Gaultier! Juicy Couture have some fragrances which are under 19 pounds and smell really good. Couture Couture is one of them
Reply 10
Ariana Grande’s cloud perfume
Reply 11
Original post by leopard202
Zara are good (as others mentioned), they have a Vanilla one, so does the Body Shop (they also have a really nice Smoky Rose). Lush have body sprays that are quite cheap, the Snow Fairy smells like candyfloss and lasts long. I remember River Island had one called Paris which smells like Jean Paul Gaultier! Juicy Couture have some fragrances which are under 19 pounds and smell really good. Couture Couture is one of them

thank you so much for the suggestions <3 will deffo look them up :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Deggs_14
Ariana Grande’s cloud perfume

hi, i really want that one actually. if you have it could you describe the scent for me? (:
VS has loads and a vanilla one if I'm correct
Reply 14
Original post by mpaprika
VS has loads and a vanilla one if I'm correct

i actually have the vanilla lace one, but i was looking for a long lasting perfume instead of a body mist, thank you for the suggestion though <33
You can get a can of Lynx Africa for like £1.81 from Superdrug :smile:

https://www.superdrug.com/Lynx/Lynx-Africa-Body-Spray-150ml/p/349011
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
hi, i really want that one actually. if you have it could you describe the scent for me? (:

Smells sort of planty? Like pond reeds Idk my sense of smell is weird
Reply 17
Original post by CTLeafez
You can get a can of Lynx Africa for like £1.81 from Superdrug :smile:

https://www.superdrug.com/Lynx/Lynx-Africa-Body-Spray-150ml/p/349011

thankss, it's just that i was looking for a sweet smelling perfume instead of a deodorant
Reply 18
Original post by Deggs_14
Smells sort of planty? Like pond reeds Idk my sense of smell is weird

lol, does it not smell like vanilla or whipped cream like the notes state?
thankss, it's just that i was looking for a sweet smelling perfume instead of a deodorant

I know, I was just making a joke which has missed the mark 😂

Have you tried somewhere like Boots? Ngl I’m not really in the know about perfumes

Quick Reply

Latest